• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

AI Flight Planning Troubleshooting Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
I have added an AI flight planning troubleshooting guide to the AI Flight Planner website . Hopefully this will help new users, especially AI "newbies", avoid conversion and other difficulties.

I welcome your comments on the new checklist and am happy to amend it as you think most helpful.

Don

Last edited:
Country
us-texas
Sir, I went to the link shown below but cannot find anything about a "new manual for newbies." I need this to answer a question I have fought with since the first version of AIFP. I can only use the 12 or 24 hr leg list. I want to create a 4 hour flightplan. You see the error message I get: Departure Time Invalid. I have tried GMT time and Local Time both with no luck.
invaliddeparturetime.jpg

Could you please give me a example of a 4 hour plan? The standard GMT time would be fine. I would like the flight to start at 09:00 daily and every 4 hours after that for the rest of the day, if possible.
The flightplan would be departing and landing at Altus, OK (KLTS).
Using Windows 7 64 bit and FSX. AIFP is version 2.1.30.
Appreciate your time and help.

Last edited:
Hi,

I do not think it is possible what you are trying to do.
A 4 hour flightplan would have to start somewhere between midnight and more or less 2 am.
But you could make several 12 or 24 hr plans instead.

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
I don't know anything about a "new manual for newbies" beyond the fact that there have been requests for such. I have elected not to write one because, as I've stated many times in this forum and elsewhere, including the AIFP user manual, such information already exists in the form of the TTools User Manual. (Given the general aversion to reading user manuals and given that there is already nearly 70 pages of user material spread across two manuals which, apparently, almost nobody reads, why would I write another that, for the most part, would simply duplicate what already exists in the TTools manual?) I'm glad I got that "off my chest".

You will find a link to the TTools user manual on the AIFP page of my website. That manual is also included as a standard item in the archive for each new release of AIFP.

Your specific issue is addressed in the penultimate paragraph of Section 7.1 in the AIFP User Manual. But, to save you the time, in a 4hr repeat flight plan, only times between 00:00 and 03:59 are valid. Such a flight plan runs every 4 hours during a 24 hr. day, i.e., at 01:00, 05:00, 09:00. 13:00 and so on.

As RobyStar says, you can't start a 4 hr. flight plan at 09:00, by which, I presume you mean you don't want it to run at 01:00 and 05:00. If you want the flights to begin only at 09:00, you;ll have to use multiple 24hr plans. That's the way FlightSim works.

Don

GHD

Country
england
TTools allows a 4 hour flightplan to start at any time. It is a restriction in AIFP to restrict the start between 00:00 and 03:59.

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
So???

I didn't say AIFP duplicated TTools in every respect, only that I felt the TTools user manual was a good source of basic flight planning information.

Don

Country
romania
Hello all, Hope i,m in the right section, I have only this week started into the realms of ai planning, in the hope that making simple fps for fsx fields. Using the latest v3. Having a problem in making the editor recognise a field in UAE-hAVE READ /AM READING THE PDF, BUT CANNOT FIND A ANSWER. Here is the process i am carry out- after introducing the ac, click the new fp- go to airports info- select uae & dubai which gives the satelite field of Minhad ab- this is saved to the airfield list and the .dat files- but when placing the OMDM ( MINHAD AB ) soon as i touch thenext time box- a message says this airport is not a genuine field etc Looking at the aifp2 pfd, para 9.7 says there is a additional way to save these fields which are not accepted but saved into a temp file- The new v3 doesn't seem to reflect this extra save off ? or am i missing something ? Your advice please would be much appreciated.- As to ( newby info ) i thought this might be very useful but don't find it. Many thanks ken in ro.

Country
spain
Hi gadgets, it happen that I can't download to the last reléase of AIFP, I can acces to the page but I can download, the Kaspersky antivirus say "access denied" fraudulent url, or something so. not happen the same with any other tool or link. curious

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
That's a false positive. There is a similar problem with Avast. Scan this and the ADE forums and you'll find numerous reports.

Norton added a "feature" a year or so ago that "tagged" every exe that was not from a widely-downloaded file as suspect. But, it didn't just warn the user, it refused to execute the file. (I no longer use Norton.) Others such as Avast and now, apparently, Kaspesky, have added the "feature". Useful, Huhhh!

Don

Country
spain
thanks for the explanation. I was worried because it rarely happen . at least Kasperky have an option to discard such warning. I've downloaded the file with any apparent problem, thanks and greetings

Country
romania
Thank you Don Sir, may i say your aifp is a astounding piuece of work, must have taken hours of dedicated slogging. I am astounded myself via your prog in that i now have working ai , all be it 4 separate traffic files for the same field, but one is never to old to learn new stuff. many thanks- now i have another prob which may be windows orientated, not sure. . trying to place a second leg to a to a fp, click to save, and another notice is thrown up which states :-
That's a false positive. There is a similar problem with Avast. Scan this and the ADE forums and you'll find numerous reports.

Norton added a "feature" a year or so ago that "tagged" every exe that was not from a widely-downloaded file as suspect. But, it didn't just warn the user, it refused to execute the file. (I no longer use Norton.) Others such as Avast and now, apparently, Kaspesky, have added the "feature". Useful, Huhhh!

thanks for the explanation. I was worried because it rarely happen . at least Kasperky have an option to discard such warning. I've downloaded the file with any apparent problem, thanks and greetings
hello sirs, evening to you, as it happens i use kaspersky internet- - only this week , when i go to the aifp site, i receive a notice that kas is not sure if its a genuine site- click here ! etc etc-one click and no problem with site entry or download.

Status
Not open for further replies.