• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSXA KLIA Kaula Lumpur International Airport

Country
singapore
If I make Changi, I would like to make the whole island....ha ha ha. At this rate of work I might come out within 5-8 years.
BTW, the scenery making is the way to make my life happy. I might do it, who knows. However I think WSSS that ImagineSim did still has some room of improvement.

Tic, +1 for Changi. Imaginesim did a not-too-bad job, but the FPS is very low and they refuse to upgrade it to P3D. :D

Country
macedonia
did you make
Thanks Roel for offering. Please check your PM.

Opps! I forgot something. They are in the same texture sheet. I have made the texture already but I completely forgot to make these:

Cracks on the tarmac.

Tyres marks on the taxiway.

Oil stains on the parking.

And this is the Masjid Sultan Abdul Samad during the dusk time.
did you make this oil stains on the gate on a same texture for apron or on different layer just the oil stains in different texture?? what is your texture opacity in your software ? (not in photoshop)

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
Tic, +1 for Changi. Imaginesim did a not-too-bad job, but the FPS is very low and they refuse to upgrade it to P3D.
I though Imagine Sim is making new version of WSSS, may be I am wrong.
I agree with Changi, and +1 for Perth Airport in Australia
Perth is beyond my intention. I think I will do the airport in Asia only.
Perth is an on-going process by a developer. Please take a look.
http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/perth-international-airport-ypph.433941/
did you make this oil stains on the gate on a same texture for apron or on different layer just the oil stains in different texture?? what is your texture opacity in your software ? (not in photoshop)
Transparency in FS2000 style ground poly is not controlled by Z test alpha. It is controlled by alpha channel in texture. It is a separated texture and transparency is in the texture. So, it is not possible to say how opacity it is. You need to try out.

Last edited:

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
Guys, Imagine Sim is doing WSSS.
Please see their web site. I think they have done very good jobs recently. WSSS was their very early airport. I think they can do much better in a very near future. Please wait for them might be better.
imaginesim.jpg

Last edited:
Country
netherlands
But in the meanwhile, what's your next project going to be? Some ideas:

WMSA Kuala Lumpur - Sultan Abdul Aziz Shah Airport
WMKL Langkawi Airport
WMKP Penang Airport
VVNB Hanoi - Noi Bai Airport
VVTS Ho Chi Minh City - Tat Son Nhat Airport
VDSR Siem Reap Airport
VTCC Chiang Mai Airport
VTCT Chiang Rai Airport

And I'm sure there's plenty more to think of. Some of these airports have already been done, but only for FS2004 and never for FSX/P3D.

Country
singapore
Yes, I wish if you could do Langkawi and Penang airport tu...If you did Penang, please throw some Georgetown scene too :D

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
If I can hire 10 people who can work with 3D models and art works, those airports could have been done.
It is quite difficult to do that. I wish I could expand my work in scenery.
If you hire more people, you have to generate more income to be their salary. Scenery does not generate quite enough income to do as I wish.
The truth is:
A few months after scenery launched, it will be available for downloading as a pirate software. I have seen so many websites in Malaysia, Vietnam or Indonesia that host my scenery and ask money for downloading the scenery which does not belong to them.
No one can do something to prevent that.
If I have more people in my team, they will starved after a few months.
It is painful, but it is absolutely true.

Cédrice

Resource contributor
Country
france
The recipe for the sale of a scenery compensates at least the time spent on the computer ?

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
I have fun with the time I spent on making it. Money is by-product from what I have spent.
But hiring more people to do, you need more money to do and the risk is there. You might need to spend your money for them more than income.

Country
sweden
I'd personally like to see Krabi, ThaiCreations were supposed to make that but he has been silent for a long time now, and/ -or Penang get done.