• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FS2004 (FSX & X-Plane 10) Bell 429: she is slowly getting some shapes

Country
mexico
Hello lads

Thank you all for the kind words. I am making my way into the 3D VC; thanks to Tom who spotted a big issue, I resized the main panel and the center console. Well, there you go what I have so far:

Bell_429_central_console_01.jpg

Bell_429_central_console_02.jpg

Bell_429_central_console_04.jpg

And the work continues...
;)

Last edited:
Country
unitedkingdom
Any chance of moving the coaming sides up a bit and adding flip-out holders either side. Also a slope to the center panel below the switch as in photo.:stirthepo
Bell_429_central_console_02.jpg
0EDmLaF.jpg

Sorry for being a pain. :(

Country
mexico
Sorry for being a pain.

Well... I do what I can without blueprints; there are a lot of details and I am sure haven't seen them all. It's hard for me guessing measures by naked eye. I am doing my very best; it is bad that our softwares are not compatible.o_O
Sergio.

Country
mexico
Tom

I have an idea; I completely forgot about an image that comes in a file. I will try to adjust what we have using the 6" x 8" LCDs as a starting point. With some luck, distribution will look better:

Dasboard goal attempt.jpg

Wish me luck...
Sergio.

Country
us-california
Hi Sergio,

That 3D cockpit is really looking nice.
Tom's advice would make it look even better, although the photo he posted does not show where the angled console ends and the flat console begins. There are plenty of photos available which will give you a clear view if you do a Google Image search for Bell 429 cockpit pictures.

One thing I noticed is that you have an empty space at the top of the center console and the switch console which would throw off any dimensions you might try to eyeball based on the given size of the LCD screens. I think you will not have too much trouble to get it close enough for government work.

I ran across some videos of the 429 from a test ride at the Farnborough air show, which feature some very close, very clear shots of the instrument panel and consoles, as well as some informative comments from the pilot.

You might find the comments on the attitude hold and autopilot interesting too.

Hope these help.

Cheers
Gary

Bell 429 demonstration – start-up (video)

Bell 429 demonstration – avionics (video)

Bell 429 demonstration – one engine performance (video)

Bell 429 demonstration – shut-down (video)

Last edited:
Country
mexico
Hello lads

Tom:
I did the slope to the central panel and working my way to fix what you spotted. I am sure we will get it right ;)

429_panel_fix_01.jpg

Gary:
Tom's advice would make it look even better

I know, he is the man! Also, he always provides valuable observations. In the last threads, I guess I sounded a little bit rude; my apologies if you thought so. For sure, it was a misunderstanding. On the other side, thank you too!!! You are also a wonderful person and I am thankful for your help; those videos are an "asset" indeed.

All the best,
Sergio.
:)

Country
mexico
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! Resizing and repositioning all again is becoming a real nightmare :yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes:

Furthermore; I didn't realize that the plane where all gauges are sitting, has a slope! I designed flat and perpendicular with the horizontal plane... :tongue-ti:tongue-ti:tongue-ti

I need a beer...:confused:

Country
mexico
Hello lads

@Darren, hello and thank you for your kind words. If everything goas as planned, she will be available also for FSX and XPlane 10.

We are getting closer and closer to get it right! After a few days, my hair is more gray than before. Thanks to our friend Tom Woods, we achieve the overall shape and the frontal panel has been rotated 10º respect to the vertical plane. Of course, some textures and several parts needs some adjustments; but here we go with the work on the dash panel and the central console (still a work in progress):

New_dash_01.jpg

New_dash_02.jpg

New_dash_02_bis.jpg

As you may noticed, the dash panel has been completely redesigned! Now, with the fuselage in place:

New_dash_03.jpg

New_dash_04.jpg

We hope you like it!
Sergio.
;)

Country
mexico
Hello lads

A little update on the 3d instruments; I've enhanced texture resolution in several objects; I hope you like it:

Irish_luck_01.jpg

Irish_luck_02.jpg

Irish_luck_03.jpg

In Trevor's photgraphs, those modules seems to be in the same color as the central console plates; however, if you don't see them in perspective; they look too flat... I guess I will need to do some tricks with textures. Among other things, some unespected issues with those extruded buttons. I was trying to use texture space for them... perhaps I will use blank space (if any:confused:) to relocate all extrusions.

Cheers!
Sergio.

Last edited:
Country
mexico
Hello lads

After almost 1 month of work we almost have the dashboard and central console done. Need to do some tweaks; there you go:

Irish_luck_03bis.jpg

Irish_luck_04bis.jpg

Irish_luck_05.jpg

Irish_luck_06.jpg

I am considering to add the Technisonic TFM500; however, this will cost another texture (I finally have no room in my actual "real state"). A long way to go... I need to re-export everything to Gmax and finally test all over again in the sim :yikes:

Is it never ends? :confused:

Really hope you like it.
Sergio.

Country
germany
All ambitious work getting close to reality is a neverending story - especially if you're doing with much blood, sweat and tears. You will always find some more detail if you won't run rings around yourself ;) Hope you find a good balance soon between aspiration and satisfaction! Be strong, the work is worth waiting for all of us!

Country
us-california
Hey Sergio,
The slope you have implemented to the console per Tom's suggestion is looking spot-on!

In fact, the whole cockpit is looking better and better with each new screenshot. It's like looking at photos of avionics options from the 429 brochure!

I feel like a little kid waiting for Christmas morning to come. :)

Keep up the amazing work brother!

Cheers
Gary