• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Creating a Global AI Shipping Package for FSX

Country
southafrica
St Helena airport open in the atlantic ocean,made some scenery for it ,i ts on avsim,there is a ferry that goes there from Cape Town the St Helena if you can maybe build it for the next pack.
maxresdefault.jpg

See pics

Cheers Frits
http://triengtrieng.webs.com/

Country
denmark
St Helena airport open in the atlantic ocean,made some scenery for it ,i ts on avsim,there is a ferry that goes there from Cape Town the St Helena if you can maybe build it for the next pack.View attachment 28706

See pics

Cheers Frits
http://triengtrieng.webs.com/

That's a nice funny ship... half ferry, half freighter. If I can find decent documentation it is a candidate.

Meanwhile a small Danish ferry was added to the virtual waters in P3D and FSX
16051610245916112914229921.jpg

16051610250416112914229922.jpg

Country
greece
Hello to everyone in this amazing community!

I recently installed the latest AI Global Shipping Package for FSX,astonishing job by the way and congratulations to everyone involved!!!
I noticed there are strange looking night textures for some of the ships and gave it a try and checked the models with ModelConverterX only to realize the grey-ish looking night textures was still there so it wasn't some mistake during my installation of the package.Unfortunately and as far as I can see there isn't a way to directly post a picture in here unless there's a web link available to link the photo.But in general terms some models (fortunately only a few but unfortunately some of the best ever made...) like the "AI_Supramax_2008" or the "AI_Supramax_Bulk_Carrier" appear as their colors fade and gradually turns from light grey to white as the night falls.Don't know if it has to do with the DX10 vs DX9 thingy but I use Steve's DX10 fixer anyway.But then again if this was the case shouldn't be the same for all other models too?

If someone from the team knows what is happening I'll appreciate any help on this one.

Many thanks in advance,
Nick.

Last edited:
Country
denmark
Hello to everyone in this amazing community!

I recently installed the latest AI Global Shipping Package for FSX,astonishing job by the way and congratulations to everyone involved!!!
I noticed there are strange looking night textures for some of the ships and gave it a try and checked the models with ModelConverterX only to realize the grey-ish looking night textures was still there so it wasn't some mistake during my installation of the package.Unfortunately and as far as I can see there isn't a way to directly post a picture in here unless there's a web link available to link the photo.But in general terms some models (fortunately only a few but unfortunately some of the best ever made...) like the "AI_Supramax_2008" or the "AI_Supramax_Bulk_Carrier" appear as their colors fade and gradually turns from light grey to white as the night falls.Don't know if it has to do with the DX10 vs DX9 thingy but I use Steve's DX10 fixer anyway.But then again if this was the case shouldn't be the same for all other models too?

If someone from the team knows what is happening I'll appreciate any help on this one.

Many thanks in advance,
Nick.

I know the problem. The greyish looking texture comes from a simple mistake when I did the textures. Normally I use a 92 % transparent black layer for the LM; on this particular model I did a mistake and had a more transparent black layer resulting in the greyish look seen below. Without knowing I think the change over time has to do with the way the sim mix the two textures as time and the natural light changes. I only realised this mistake after loosing the Photoshop file when I switched computer... So therefore it was not solved when I released the Global Package. I will look at it for the next update. The light map can relatively easy be recreated based on the daytime textures and now someone actually noticed I will probably give it a go, because it is also one of my favorite models and the different repaints are used extensively in the project.

16051810200716112914238176.jpg

Country
greece
Hi Henrik,

yes,this is exactly what I mean by saying grayish looking night textures!I'm so glad you have plans to take care of the issue soon because these 2 models in all their 7 variations - especially the "Victoria" - are some of my very favorites.
Many thanks for your answer Henrik and once more I congratulate you for your astonishing remarkable work!I'll keep an eye especially on this forum subject for any latest developments.

Best regards,
Nick

Country
denmark
Hi Henrik,

yes,this is exactly what I mean by saying grayish looking night textures!I'm so glad you have plans to take care of the issue soon because these 2 models in all their 7 variations - especially the "Victoria" - are some of my very favorites.
Many thanks for your answer Henrik and once more I congratulate you for your astonishing remarkable work!I'll keep an eye especially on this forum subject for any latest developments.

Best regards,
Nick

The new PSD file has been done, but it took a bit longer than expected - and still need to test them all.

Meanwhile a shot of next baby boat doing sea trials on my test route in the Strait of Gibraltar...

16052810183716112914265162.jpg

16052810195516112914265169.jpg

16052810195916112914265170.jpg

Reactions: F70
Country
denmark
Hi Henrik,

Best regards,
Nick

Hi Nick and others
For the moment you can find the replacement textures here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cu9e1pbyvm2v2wr/AAAftmLpgYl7tIIstGjdEn1Qa?dl=0

You will have to overwrite the respective texture folders in the two supramax boat folders.

Henrik

Country
denmark
A few images of the progress towards next package - below an SD14 freighter from the seventies - more than 200 SD14's were built - the last was scrapped just a few years back.

16061908463316112914322447.jpg

And there are also a couple of ferries on their way - the Superflex ferries are in use in the Caribbean, in the Baltic Sea, in the Mediterranean - so far eight versions are added to the package.

16061211053016112914306288.jpg

16061211052916112914306287.jpg

Country
denmark
Probably the first ship from North Korea in P3D - the Dae San
16070203034616112914348978.jpg

16070203034316112914348977.jpg

and a Vietnamese sister... the Saigon

16070203033516112914348974.jpg

and a Brazilian...

16070203033216112914348973.jpg

and a Chinese

16070203255116112914349030.jpg

Country
denmark
Your amazing! How do you pump them out so fast? Be careful you don't start clogging the shipping lanes. ;)

Trick is that some parts are shared and textures follow the same pattern, so I don't have to start from scratch every time. Stuff like anchor chains, winches, antennas or canons can be copied from one model to another - a Bofors 40mm is the same for several ships, so I just have to make sure they are mapped in the same place on the texture so I can share the part.

Country
ukraine
that model maybe someone will translate the mdl format

Attachments

• Новая папка.zip
    267.8 KB · Views: 250
Country
denmark
Slow progress at the moment... There is little time for modelling and also I guess I chose a slightly complicated model as the next project...
16081309453016112914427740.jpg

Reactions: F70
Country
ukraine
here is the texture on the model but there are models but you need to do the textures

Attachments

• Texture.zip
    247.9 KB · Views: 241
Country
denmark
here is the texture on the model but there are models but you need to do the textures

Hi Cxema,
This time the conversion from 3DS worked :) Douwent will be included in the next package. A nice little ship.

16081409104116112914429091.jpg

Could you try to send the three models you did earlier in same format and with textures? Then I will see if I manage to open and convert.

Meanwhile I have also continued the work on Ocean Rig Olympia - however the weekend is over so this is probably where it end for now.

16081409172116112914429093.jpg