• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Feature Wishlist

A

Aviasim

I have something worth adding to this wish list as far as jetways are concerned.

My jetway wheels are not attached on one axle which rotates but instead my wheels are on a fixed axle but rotate on their own axis.. so having 2 wheel axis would be great!

A

Aviasim

Do you have a picture of it?

Hi, Sure!

4637347492_4a9a12a79f_o_zpsafexaixw.jpg

There's a real pic of one...

And my max model for clearer view/idea
NCL2_zpsf9ms8y5u.png

Best Regards and great work with the SODE module!

Country
switzerland
Aaaand it works! ;) Dual axis wheels support added, script updated, but not released yet.

Fixed a bug in the process, too! Because your supplied model was designed not to elevate up to the horizontal position (which is fine!) and SODE tries to do that for type A jetways in V1.4.0, some invalid data got written to the jetway which resulted in strange bridge, leg and stair positions. As said, this is now fixed and comes with V1.4.1.

Country
newzealand
Hi Jeffrey, I see stairs in the 1.6 SDK!

I bet you're having fun (fun?? :rotfl:) discovering how many versions of jetways there are!
I have another one to add to the list ......

This one is a T Jetway with stairs, but the stairs are connected to the BRIDGE_B_XXX so move in and out (and up and down but it seems to do that already) as the docks/undocks.
aerobrige%2018.jpg

Happy New Year! :D

Nick

Country
switzerland
Happy new year also!

Oh man, another one...;)

I'll have a look at it for the next version...

Country
france
Hi Jeffrey,

is it possible to improve the xml code in order to easily place rows of objects ? ie by entering the coordinates of the first object and offsets (heading / distance) for the others.

Best regards

Country
newzealand
I'll have a look at it for the next version...
Thanks, sounds good.

There are also variants of the jetways where the stairs are still attached to the BRIDGE_B_XXX (so will move will it), but that face in different directions; as shown below.

The arrow indicates the direction of rise of the stairs.

Hopefully the way you implement it won't depend on which way the stairs are facing.

o6GI1Z8.png

Country
switzerland
is it possible to improve the xml code in order to easily place rows of objects ? ie by entering the coordinates of the first object and offsets (heading / distance) for the others.

Hmm, I'd rather not do that in the xml code itself. This is something for a object placer tool or similar. I'd like to keep the xml parser simple and stupid by just reading raw coordinates. Also, I don't know if calculating new coordinates based on a root position could introduce shifts with larger distances...depends on the calculation method I guess. I think I'll leave it just like it is for now, sorry.

Country
france
Thanks for the reply Jeffrey, I needed this to place taxiway centre line lights. Don't be sorry, I understand your reasons.

Best regards

Country
switzerland
Keep in mind that for each single light, you basically place a static AI aircraft into the scene -> performance loss! I'd rather put all those lights into one mdl file -> only one static "AI object", still excellent performance.
I consider this a one of the limitations of using SimObjects in scenery design, which in reality is not the official way to make airports, it's more of a workaround.
Other developers have built complete runway lighting/taxiway lighting systems using only one mdl and placed that via SODE. Works nicely and is very performant!

Christian Bahr

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Hello Jeffrey.

At this point I would like to thank you for your tool SODE. For a long time I do not use SODE. But in the short time since I've used it, I find SODE very good - it works very reliably. So, once again thank you for so much engagement for the flight simulation. These are exactly the ideas that drive the flight simulator forward.

All the best
Christian

dave hoeffgen

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Hello,
I had this little idea reading about alternative models inside a single simObject:
It would be cool if one model could be picked at random at the moment the simObject is loaded.
That can be useful for things that simply aren't the same all the time but don't really follow environmental conditions.
More specifically: Groups of static cars in the parking lot or people standing around could be randomly chosen from multiple alternatives.

Does that sound possible? :)

Country
france
hi Jeffrey

Now we know that Prepar3D is on its way and will become available on May 30th I was wondering how much effort it would be for you to make SODE compatible re. 64bit architecture ?

Philippe