• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Nothing to report

hairyspin

Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Amusing how discussion of FSW has stopped now we have a forum for it!

Perhaps some day Dovetail will realise there will be nothing to discuss from a developing perspective until they open up. Over to you, Dovetail.

Ronald

Resource contributor
fsw_dtg_fsw_twitchfeed_25_may_2017.jpg

This was the only official news about a possible SDK yesterday (25-05-2017) in the Twitch-chat

Attachments

• upload_2017-5-26_9-16-3.png
    upload_2017-5-26_9-16-3.png
    698.7 KB · Views: 365

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Until we have an SDK and more information about the eula and addon development, I don't expect to much discussion yet.

Although the thread in general chat is still active with assumptions, rumours and speculations...

Country
us-virginia
I've been reading and reading the EULA…seems complex…lots of legal wording…some of it seemingly contradictory…and some of it I would think unenforceable…but I'm not a lawyer, so…

For Arno and the Staff - any thoughts about FSDeveloper putting a Law Firm on retainer? ;)

hairyspin

Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
No! Have you used such services? A lawyer will tell you how often insurance companies manage to wriggle out of a claim for whatever, then insist you take out whatever insurance for your own protection...

(not kidding either)

Country
us-southcarolina
There is starting to be some increased interest in the Mission Editor. I saw a Forum for Mission Editor, but it looks a little dated. Since no SDK has been released, the Mission Editor seems to be a way to generate more complex ideas for FSW - especially for non-programmers. There has been a link posted to the old FSX Mission Editor User Guide on the FSW Steam Discussion board. I picked it up, but obviously stays on a pretty high level. I guess I am looking for a more in-depth guide or something to help me along. Any ideas from you guys here? Thanks!!!

Country
unitedkingdom
Amusing how discussion of FSW has stopped now we have a forum for it!

Perhaps some day Dovetail will realise there will be nothing to discuss from a developing perspective until they open up. Over to you, Dovetail.

Very true. I'm underwhelmed by FSW.