• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Creating a Global AI Shipping Package for FSX

Country
austria
Thank you for the quick answer, but there I can't find any whales or other animals?? only aircrafts, boats, sceneries :(

Country
austria
Edit: now I found the newer 200_ai_ship...V2, I overlooked because I only am using FSX. Perhaps I can find there more whales;)

EDit2: Yes, the whales are in the new file!!:)

Last edited:
Country
austria
Hi,
today in the morning I got a email from FSDeveloper about a new answer from jpfil to my last question (see attachment).
Nevertheless I can't find this answer in this thread??
As jpfil says I looked at CYRI (Tadoussac) but there are only ferries no whales! The screenshot 2.jpg I can't open. In Henriks AI_Ships-bgl files I didn't find bgls with whales. Perhaps I overlooked some other boats-bgl files!?
Whales.jpg

=rk=

Resource contributor
Country
us-washington
Hi,
today in the morning I got a email from FSDeveloper about a new answer from jpfil to my last question (see attachment).
Nevertheless I can't find this answer in this thread??
You can't find the post because the image of the post notification was made from the automatic alert that is sent to anyone who has checked the thread "email alerts" and since that post was made, the author edited or deleted the post, the forum does not offer "update" notifications.
As jpfil says I looked at CYRI (Tadoussac) but there are only ferries no whales! The screenshot 2.jpg I can't open. In Henriks AI_Ships-bgl files I didn't find bgls with whales. Perhaps I overlooked some other boats-bgl files!?
To find the whales you need to decompile the traffic .bgls with AI Boats Traffic Compiler, this will give you vessels and schedule focuments and a .kmz that opens in Google Earth. Once in the vicinity of the whale models, you can use the default Traffic Toolbox to precisely locate each AI.
That seems like too much work for me because if I wanted whales I would just use Traffic Toolbox to summon them, or this software, for example. Instant placement of anything, anywhere.

http://forum.fsxwar.com/viewtopic.php?t=637
http://update.fsxwar.com/CCP/Updates/changelog.html

Country
ca-quebec
Sorry I delete my post because I note that some of y whales had now strange beheviour. I remember that when I release the scenery all was right : breathing, splashes etc. But now something goes wrong. I dont know why.

Here the screenshot near CYRI.

screenshot.2.jpg

An other near CYGV
screenshot.3.jpg

Country
austria
Thank you Rick, I supposed myself jpfil has deleted the post in the meantime and i hesitated to post the picture here, but I thought there was no fault with the post.
I often decompiled traffic.bgls with AI Boat traffic compiler. But I have to know if there is a traffic.bgl with whales at CYRI in my system.

Edit: Now jpfil answered this moment and I am happy he isn't annoyed. Thank you Jean-Pierre for the screenshot.

=rk=

Resource contributor
Country
us-washington
But I have to know if there is a traffic.bgl with whales at CYRI in my system.
There are only a few traffic files and you can easily see which use whales. If you already have a location; CYRI, then you can use the Traffic Explorer to find them.

Country
ca-quebec
Here some of my whales correct behavior : Baleines du Saint-Laurent

You have to install Baleines du Saint-Laurent v 2.2 scenery to see my whales (at Québec FSX web site). All species have its own BGL traffic file : trafficBaleineBleue.bgl for Blue Whales, trafficEpaulards.bgl for Killer whales, trafficBaleineBosse.bgl for Humpback whales etc.

I repeat that all whales had correct behavior but now I note some issues in my sim. Dont know if it is the same on others.

EDIT. AI objects positiond, like boats and... whales, can also easily be seen in navigation softwares like LittleNavMap (precedent screenshots) and FSTramp.

Last edited:
Country
austria
The 200 AI ship and AI Ship Traffic is still there as V2. For more whales you should check out Jean-Pierre Fillion's website: https://www.jpfil.com/quebecfsx/scenes-aeroports.htm He is the man behind the whales :D

First I didn't find the whales (blind hen). But now as jpfil answered I saw them there.

You have to install Baleines du Saint-Laurent v 2.2 scenery to see my whales (at Québec FSX web site). All species have its own BGL traffic file : trafficBaleineBleue.bgl for Blue Whales, trafficEpaulards.bgl for Killer whales, trafficBaleineBosse.bgl for Humpback whales etc.

I installed and the whales (and I) are happy in my sim!
Now I only wait for HenrikN. ferries because round the scenery CYRI, CTH3,.... are many ugly default washferries, ferrry1 and ferry 2!:eek:

Country
ca-quebec
You can have Québec-Lévis ferries in Ville de Québec v2 scenery, Matane-Baie-Comeau ferry in F.A.Gauthier scenery, Montmagny-Ile-aux-Grues ferry in Montmagny et archipel scenery, Rimouski-Anticosti-Basse-Côte-Nord ferry in Anticosti v2 scenery and Montréal-Iles-de-la-Madeleine ferry-cruise in Iles-de-la-Madeleine scenery. All theese sceneries : Québec FSX web site

Country
austria
Thank you a lot, I didn't know your website before. I have to search for a ship which looks rather fine but does not 'eat' my fps too much.;)

Country
ca-quebec
This site hosts or links a lot of sceneries for Québec (some in Canada : Iqaluit, Paulatuk etc., some ships elsewere : France, Seychelles, BC etc.).

Country
austria
I found on this site also BCFerries en AI. I make the download, but there are no textures for the AI?? The textures show only a picture from MCX. Was this an issue?

Country
austria
Thank you for the answer. I only was interested in the ferries (for this moment). And thank you for a new release.

Edit: btw I can't find the the Brian Wallis BCFerries scenery?

Last edited: