• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

New AEROPROYECTO C172N released

Leo2789

Resource contributor
Country
portugal
Really nice looking!

You can also post pictures here at will ;)

Country
finland
I purchased your excellent C172 last year and i have made many flights since i bought that. Like yestrday i made Ft. Myers- Key West flight using your Cessna :)

Country
cuba
I will try to send pictures with some explains...
This shows how to select two aviones without reseting aircraft...

Attachments

• avionics1.jpg
    avionics1.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 690
  • avionics2.jpg
    avionics2.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 628
Country
cuba
I purchased your excellent C172 last year and i have made many flights since i bought that. Like yestrday i made Ft. Myers- Key West flight using your Cessna :)
Yes, I remember that :)
Do you already get the update for free? Many features was improved...

Country
finland
Yes, I remember that :)
Do you already get the update for free? Many features was improved...
Yes i downloaded yesterday 1.1 version and i love it. I made KFMY - KMLB flight yesterday and all works perfectly and looks very nice :)

Country
cuba
Here are two more pictures with sun effect on glasses… Was a very difficult thing to me to get the right combination of reflections and sun effect on the glasses…
By the way, forgive my bad english please…

Attachments

• amount-of-sun-reflect.jpg
    amount-of-sun-reflect.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 708
  • sun-again.jpg
    sun-again.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 683
Country
cuba
I tried to use the bump cannel to age the surfaces as well (Let’s say noisy)… I think that it is one of the most difficult tasks...

Attachments

• killing-polished-surfaces.jpg
    killing-polished-surfaces.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 556

Heretic

Resource contributor
Country
germany
You really mastered the jump from FS9 to FSX, Edgar!

How did you implement the rain on the windshield?

Country
cuba
You really mastered the jump from FS9 to FSX, Edgar!

How did you implement the rain on the windshield?
Thank you! It was (is) a hard learning task in did...
Maybe my solution is not the best, I´m still working to improving that:
I copy ten (10) interior windshields and put a single texture (rain) on them. Then I vertically move the texture a bit on every one so the rain looks in movement. Then I made a single XML programming to hide/show the windshields objects in sequence (fraction of seconds)
I don’t know if I explain myself? 

Country
cuba
Important: The rain texture for “all windshields” must be the same… In the process to show/hide the windshield objects different textures may “blink”, depending on hardware… It is the only reason why I use a unique rain texture. I use a 2048x2048 pixel image just for saving performance (one of my greatest concern building FS models), but you can use a 4096 pixel image, giving the possibility of better rain drop representation so you will get more realistic effect.

Heretic

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Thank you! It was (is) a hard learning task in did...
Maybe my solution is not the best, I´m still working to improving that:
I copy ten (10) interior windshields and put a single texture (rain) on them. Then I vertically move the texture a bit on every one so the rain looks in movement. Then I made a single XML programming to hide/show the windshields objects in sequence (fraction of seconds)
I don’t know if I explain myself? 

The explanation was fine. Graçias.

So you've basically used a model-based approach as in Lotussim's L-39.

I use a gauge-based solution for rain. It consists of one single clone of the windshield, mapped with a gauge material ("$...bmp"). I assign an XML "rain" gauge to that material in the panel.cfg and the XML gauge displays rain bitmaps that were modified from the ones included in FS9, with each displayed for a fraction of a second. There are 2 x 16 bitmaps, one set for raindrops when the aircraft is not moving and another set for when the aircraft is moving.
The advantage of this method is that the model file is simpler and that I can modify the gauge without having to recompile the model after every change. The disadvantage is that the bitmaps are limited to 1024 pixel.
You can also extend the gauge to implement gradual (but simple looking) windshield fogging by drawing white rectangles with varying transparency above the bitmaps.
And it offers a more efficient solution when a windscreen wiper is involved (cutting the wiper track out of a single, static bitmap instead of multiple animated ones) - maybe something to keep in mind for your EMB-110.

Country
cuba
The explanation was fine. Graçias.

So you've basically used a model-based approach as in Lotussim's L-39.

I use a gauge-based solution for rain. It consists of one single clone of the windshield, mapped with a gauge material ("$...bmp"). I assign an XML "rain" gauge to that material in the panel.cfg and the XML gauge displays rain bitmaps that were modified from the ones included in FS9, with each displayed for a fraction of a second. There are 2 x 16 bitmaps, one set for raindrops when the aircraft is not moving and another set for when the aircraft is moving.
The advantage of this method is that the model file is simpler and that I can modify the gauge without having to recompile the model after every change. The disadvantage is that the bitmaps are limited to 1024 pixel.
You can also extend the gauge to implement gradual (but simple looking) windshield fogging by drawing white rectangles with varying transparency above the bitmaps.
And it offers a more efficient solution when a windscreen wiper is involved (cutting the wiper track out of a single, static bitmap instead of multiple animated ones) - maybe something to keep in mind for your EMB-110.

Thanks very much! With my 56k modem internet connection, and just 24 hours in a month, I have lots of troubles to get alternative solutions ;) I will try that method for sure, the only doubt that comes to my mind is the performance, the gauge animations used to be frame eaters, in slow PCs of course…

Heretic

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Thanks very much! With my 56k modem internet connection, and just 24 hours in a month, I have lots of troubles to get alternative solutions ;) I will try that method for sure, the only doubt that comes to my mind is the performance, the gauge animations used to be frame eaters, in slow PCs of course…

Only 56k and then just limited. And I thought my country was a digital desert. :D

Can't speak for slow PCs, but I don't notice any framerate impact.

Country
brazil
Edgar, very nice project, you have plans to update the Embraer 110C to same quality (and make P1 version?)?

Country
cuba
It is the plan. But I need time for taking that project. In fact from time to time I´m working in the 110 aircraft.

Country
us-arizona
Amazing work! Very nice. Love hearing about your rain system. That is some very good thinking.