• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Center Mouse Button not able to pan

Country
canada
I may be wrong but I am sure I was able to pan around ADE with my center mouse button held down, but it seems since the last update Application 01.76.6704.18307 (might be coincidental) it does not work.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

F70

Country
netherlands
Dane,
I can pan around ADE with my center mouse button held down,after the up-date,so i think it's on your side.

Jan

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Works for me. Hold the center mouse button/wheel down and the cursor changes to a cross. Drag and it pans the display. Roll the center mouse wheel changes the zoom

Country
canada
Works for me. Hold the center mouse button/wheel down and the cursor changes to a cross. Drag and it pans the display. Roll the center mouse wheel changes the zoom
Not for me Jon - although it used to.

I wonder if the latest Windows update did something??? - I will have to start digging...

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Jon, I'm afraid I'm with Dane. The cursor changes to a cross, but the display does not pan with the new release. Sometimes it "jerks" a little, but no smooth pan.

Don

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
OK - I can't replicate this at the moment although there is a problem with the main window size which should get a fix shortly. The workaround if you have problems dragging the display is to use the arrow keys on your keyboard. Is zoom still working?

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Jon, I can confirm the workaround works even though the prime doesn't.

Don

Country
unitedkingdom
After the update I can scroll and zoom with the centre mouse wheel. Seems OK with me.

Country
canada
OK - I can't replicate this at the moment although there is a problem with the main window size which should get a fix shortly. The workaround if you have problems dragging the display is to use the arrow keys on your keyboard. Is zoom still working?

Hi Jon,
I can't explain it but my center mouse wheel now allows me to scroll as it used - all is good - maybe it was in fact my mouse as you suspected.

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Jon, still doesn't work for me. But, a couple of clues:
  • Once the mouse changes to a cross, it stays that way.
  • Generally, the display pans slightly when the mouse wheel is first depressed. Sometimes it pans for a fraction of a second and then stops. It's as if the task is started and the mouse is distracted by some other event.
Since, with my mouse, Its easy to rotate the mouse wheel once depressed - or on its way down, I wonder if ADE starts the pan, gets distracted by a mouse wheel slight rotation and never gets back to panning. (If I am very careful not to rotate the mouse wheel on the way down, ADE starts the pan but then stops when, I suspect, I inevitably rotate the wheel.

Don

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Thanks for the suggestion Don - I will look at it

Country
unitedstates
I had the same problem today after updating to 1.76.6708. I could zoom but could only pan by using the arrow keys (the cursor did not change). I had a window pop up briefly about a Win10 Mouse and Keyboard Center update. I updated and ran the Mouse and Keyboard Center and noticed that the wheel button was set to 'Task View' (default). I changed it to 'Middle Click' and all is good now.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Thank for the information Mark, that might be useful to other folks

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
I installed the Mouse and Keyboard Center. It couldn't even find my mouse!!! (No sure what its supposed to do, because WIN 10 without it allowed me to control mouse properties) So I uninstalled it. The basic Win10 PC Settings functionality did not offer me the opportunity to change the wheel "task". (Perhaps that capability is hidden somewhere else.)

However, during that exploration, I discovered that my (recently-purchased) mouse has a wheel-tilt function. And, as it turns out, I was depressing the wheel (which ADE recognized and went into pan mode) and then tilting the wheel as a continuation of the "depress" motion (which ADE did not recognize as a pan command) - explaining the occasional "jerk" in the display when I first depressed the wheel.

Confusing this matter is that if the wheel has been tilted, when the button is released the pan cursor (i.e. the cross) does not revert to a pointer. So, Jon, it seems ADE "forgets" it's in pan mode when the wheel is tilted.

Don