• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSXA Airbus A350 XWB

Ronald

Resource contributor
althought the hell that is the gear system is still to come
If you need some tips on this subject, you know how to contact me ;-)

"F747fly, Clear to (build that) land (in gear), Wind is calm, Colorstate Blue.

F747fly

Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Frits, I am still dying to test this thing out! lol!

Don't worry Rob, you'll get your access soon!

When is this model coming to life ?

Right now I've got some more pressing things on my mind (we all do from time to time and I'll even admit I might do more often then others).
At the moment that pressing thing is moving some 5500 miles to a new home. All I can tell you at this moment is that it'll get there when it gets there.

Country
france
Frits, I never thoug that patience was so painful :O
I came back from holidays, 2 days ago (from France) and, even if I traveled with an A330, there was a 1/200 AirCaraibes A350 (in flight dutyfree), I cracked and bought it :p (8h flight, you rapidly get crazy :p) btw, AirCara A330 cabins were retrofited in A350 style: Sky Interior lights (basic), new seats, Inflight Camera (but with time delay), New IFE (larger, HD, very ractive) but the software was the same as frenchblue A350, because the inflight tracking was showing an A350 with French Blue livery. Anyway, Im sure you don't care about my little story :p. I cant wait to fly your beast :) (Air Caraibes will be my priority :p)

Not my plane :p
P1010054.JPG

Good Luck my Friend :)

Country
france
Yeah and I hope we will be able to fly it soon...
I’ve been working on a 2D game lately and I know how easy it is to give up on this kind of virtual work unfortunately ...But this A350 from F747FLY is highly anticipated though.

We for sure don’t wanna pressure you man , take your time and never give up !

You really are making some simmers dream
Come true !

F747fly

Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Frits, I never thoug that patience was so painful :O
I came back from holidays, 2 days ago (from France) and, even if I traveled with an A330, there was a 1/200 AirCaraibes A350 (in flight dutyfree), I cracked and bought it :p (8h flight, you rapidly get crazy :p) btw, AirCara A330 cabins were retrofited in A350 style: Sky Interior lights (basic), new seats, Inflight Camera (but with time delay), New IFE (larger, HD, very ractive) but the software was the same as frenchblue A350, because the inflight tracking was showing an A350 with French Blue livery. Anyway, Im sure you don't care about my little story :p. I cant wait to fly your beast :) (Air Caraibes will be my priority :p)

Not my plane :p
View attachment 44071

Good Luck my Friend :)

Hey Marc! Ofcourse I care about your story, I hope you had a great holiday and a nice flight. :)
Haha how beautiful the aircraft looks right? (The real thing that is).

As for what A350DREAM said, I appreciate the sentiment and judging by the name I'm sure you're just as much of a fan of the aircraft as I am.
However, let me explain the past month of my life to give you some idea as to why it takes this long.

In the latest version of the forum software (looks awesome btw, thank you Arno and the rest of the team for keeping this site look so great!) we no longer get to see the little flag icon under our names (I don't know if people miss this feature). So probably few, if any, have noticed that my flag/location has changed. I went to South Korea, quite a big step away from my home and will be busy here for some time. I must say it is awesome to be here and I really enjoy it, but little time can be spent shaping the lump of clay I try to turn in to an A350 I'm afraid....

Anyway, I hope that was enough of an update from me, talk to you guys again soon.

Country
france
Hey Marc! Ofcourse I care about your story, I hope you had a great holiday and a nice flight. :)

As for what A350DREAM said, I appreciate the sentiment and judging by the name I'm sure you're just as much of a fan of the aircraft as I am.
However, let me explain the past month of my life to give you some idea as to why it takes this long.

In the latest version of the forum software (looks awesome btw, thank you Arno and the rest of the team for keeping this site look so great!) we no longer get to see the little flag icon under our names (I don't know if people miss this feature). So probably few, if any, have noticed that my flag/location has changed. I went to South Korea, quite a big step away from my home and will be busy here for some time. I must say it is awesome to be here and I really enjoy it, but little time can be spent shaping the lump of clay I try to turn in to an A350 I'm afraid....

Anyway, I hope that was enough of an update from me, talk to you guys again soon.

I do miss the flag feature :p
NK looks nice :D

Country
france

Yeah you are right . Till now , I never got the chance to fly on the A350 and I can’t even talk about my dissapointment when I knew there wasn’t any A350 developped for FSX/P3D .
It is sad to see X-plane users enjoying such a giant workhorse while us , old FSX users and P3D users still struggle to find a decent model ...:confused:

Take your time anyways , and keep us updated on your amazing work !
I wish good luck and a better life in South Korea !

And don’t forget to tell us when you will eventually to work again fully on this project !

And on behalf of all the people who followed you for these last three years , thank you so much for taking this initiative and developing this A350. 3 years of pure excitment towards this virtual beast and 3 years of your pure dedication , that’s something to be prouf of !

Have a good day ;)

F747fly

Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Screenshots of the current status, big thanks to my friend Rob for making these screenshots:

imgpsh_fullsize (2).jpg

imgpsh_fullsize (1).jpg

imgpsh_fullsize.jpg

Now I'm personally thinking that, to actually give it more depth in some areas (I mean I'm still modelling some parts so obviously there is work to do there as well) I'll need to learn how to make textures/maps a lot better then I do now...

Ronald

Resource contributor
Great screenshots Frits

I'll need to learn how to make textures/maps a lot better then I do now...
What do you need exactly, in which area of Blender?

F747fly

Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Bump maps and how to make a general paint kit that looks somewhat realistic (not perfectly clean).

gfxpilot

Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Bump maps start here.

Where youve decided where naturally occurring grime appears (look at as many aircraft pictures as you can) this points important. Rough hand draw the aorcraft, to, side, bottom view , include gear doors and gear, slats and flaps, in fact the whole nine yards. Using a paint programme get some practice in blending masks etc and look here for a simple guide

Country
france
Screenshots of the current status, big thanks to my friend Rob for making these screenshots:

View attachment 44688

View attachment 44689

View attachment 44690

Now I'm personally thinking that, to actually give it more depth in some areas (I mean I'm still modelling some parts so obviously there is work to do there as well) I'll need to learn how to make textures/maps a lot better then I do now...

Your baby is growing to a wonderful workhorse !
Everything seems perfect about it , good job in modelling the cockpit windows and the engines , they seem to be 99% to 100 % accurate ! ( Can't really judge that as I'm not an expert myself ) .

If you want to have an idea about what should be a priority to be corrected ( or modelled ) I'd suggest to check the sharklets. Though it's better to leave it at the end because I know it's going to be a pain in the neck .

Cathay-A350-B-LRI-at-YMML-1st-Feb-2017-Victor-Pody-1-1_750.jpeg

Look at the sharklets in this photo .

If you compare it with your first screenshot , you'll notice that the real life model's sharklet is "heading more to the back" . I can't make myself clear enough about this because the detail is barely noticable and can be over-looked to some extent .
The angles seem kind of "more visible" in the real life sharklets in other words .

My eyes may be playing games so it's better to ask some more professional friends .

Anyways , thank you for your update man !
I Hope you are coping well with moving to South Korea !

Country
germany
Yes, I little more work on the sharklets might be good. All in all, the aircraft is looking good so far. I´m sure, this will be a great product and I´m sure, if you get stuck at a specific point, somebody will help you ourt. Take yourself as much time as you need. You´re doing a great job. But keep in mind: Cockpit over outside model. If you make the outside model in... PMDG quality, but the cockpit not, there won´t be that many flying this plane. The A350 cockpit is one of the most beautiful cockpits. Please spend much time on cockpit texturing and modelling.