• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FS2004 Calgary International Airport (CYYC)

Country
unitedstates
Congrats on your release Emmanuel. your Scenery looks pretty usable...
though It would've been cool if Oliver Pabst added AES to this Scenery with automated Gate Fingers which replace those from Rwy12.
The scenery looks amazing, nice job! However, I do believe it could improve a bit with the afcad. The taxiway and parking edge lines are all incorrect. In addition, gate assignments seem to be missing. I could be wrong but the gate numbers are wrong as well, they lack the "A" and "B' letter prefix. You could also probably add vehicle roads on the ramp. If you want to, I can work on it if you send me the ADE file. Other than that, everything else is beautiful, I'm glad you worked on Calgary!
and here is the photo i used as background to align things: and coordinates..

Attachments

• cyyc_ade.jpg
    cyyc_ade.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 311
  • L16X24011X24039Y43789Y43830.TXT
    125 bytes · Views: 246
Country
switzerland
I wouldn't use this scenery at all though... I do like the scenery from CanUK just more... though it's an old one which is massively outdated. the design of this scenery just looks better to me.

Country
us-ohio
Progress shot of the ADE file. I don't know what you used as a background so I got my own and set the coordinates for the corners based off of latlong.net. You may need to shift things around a slight bit once I send you the finished AFCAD if I forget to shift some stuff.

Attachments

• shot14.png
    shot14.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 315
Country
unitedstates
Progress shot of the ADE file. I don't know what you used as a background so I got my own and set the coordinates for the corners based off of latlong.net. You may need to shift things around a slight bit once I send you the finished AFCAD if I forget to shift some stuff.
awesom cool..i had attached the background and coordinates i used in previous posting..one with the first ADE file..but im sure that works too these were the ones:
[GEOGRAPHIC]
Name=Photo01
North=51.1569542701515
South=51.0845472222638
West=-114.051818847656
East=-113.97216796875

Attachments

• cyyc_ade.jpg
    cyyc_ade.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 284
Country
unitedstates
hey Jason, i thought the new gates were double gates on the new terminal. according to cyyc site: per this attached pic? the one u put those single medium ones? (https://www.yyc.com/travellerinfo/maps.aspx)

Attachments

• Capture5.PNG
    Capture5.PNG
    54.9 KB · Views: 294
Country
us-ohio
hey Jason, i thought the new gates were double gates on the new terminal. according to cyyc site: per this attached pic? the one u put those single medium ones? (https://www.yyc.com/travellerinfo/maps.aspx)
So basically I left those gates up to you. I had the double gates option for the western wing and the single giant gate option for the southern wing. Which would you like? Doubling all up?

Attachments

• shot15.png
    shot15.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 303
Country
us-ohio
Here it is. Feel free to edit however you please. Don't forget to connect the vehicle roads to the parking lines by clicking on their intersection using the blue dot/normal taxi point once you have adjusted parking spaces to your fitting.

The CYYC Alt file is one I worked on for fun based off of yours. I added default jetways since I don't have Ansari's jetway library.

Attachments

• CYYC.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 261
  • CYYC Alt.zip
    478.4 KB · Views: 252
Last edited:
Country
unitedstates
So basically I left those gates up to you. I had the double gates option for the western wing and the single giant gate option for the southern wing. Which would you like? Doubling all up?
this is awesome, let me check it out, will might just do the doubling up but let me open and see...i will test the one with default jetways...(i couldnt find the default libray at the time and just used the ansari ones from rwy12), how did u use vehicle roads in fs9 , i thought that was an fsx feature on ADE? Thank for this, afcads arent my best of friends :)

Country
us-ohio
this is awesome, let me check it out, will might just do the doubling up but let me open and see...i will test the one with default jetways...(i couldnt find the default libray at the time and just used the ansari ones from rwy12), how did u use vehicle roads in fs9 , i thought that was an fsx feature on ADE? Thank for this, afcads arent my best of friends :)
We alI have to start from somewhere. Made it using the FSX ADE so that's probably why. I'm not sure if it is fully compatible with FS9 now that you bring it up.

Country
unitedstates
We alI have to start from somewhere. Made it using the FSX ADE so that's probably why. I'm not sure if it is fully compatible with FS9 now that you bring it up.
Hi Jason , also noticed, it looks like it loaded the default afcad (missing the new gates you put), it didnt load on fs9. are you using scenery in fsx? If so, I will try mimic your parking layout and edit the fs9 version and see how it turns out..i loaded yours using ADE fsx and i see all the cool stuff u did, i wish ADE fs9 had all these features (ground vehicles, gates, fence)...let me see the gate numbering you did

Country
us-ohio
Hi Jason , also noticed, it looks like it loaded the default afcad (missing the new gates you put), it didnt load on fs9. are you using scenery in fsx? If so, I will try mimic your parking layout and edit the fs9 version and see how it turns out..i loaded yours using ADE fsx and i see all the cool stuff u did, i wish ADE fs9 had all these features (ground vehicles, gates, fence)...let me see the gate numbering you did
You can also just load mine and delete anything FS9 can't use and compile it for the FS9 format so that you don't need to redo much.

Country
us-ohio
I'll keep you updated with new developments on the scenery. I think I'll be adding ADE Ground Polys to the scenery along with plenty of other stuff. I'll upload them to my Google Drive and share the link in this chat.

Country
unitedstates
Did you need my original satellite photo with coordinates I used to make the fs9 afcad and photo background?..don't remember if I sent it

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Country
us-ohio
Did you need my original satellite photo with coordinates I used to make the fs9 afcad and photo background?..don't remember if I sent it

I should have my own. I spent about an hour double checking that everything was properly set to coordinates so it should be relatively accurate.

Country
unitedstates
Ok cool..sure feel free to add whatever :) ...sadly I don't have fsx to test it..just fs9 . I will also be editing it sometime down the road..the buildings textures. I will let you know if I start doing that. Won't affect your ADE stuff

Country
us-ohio
Ok cool..sure feel free to add whatever :) ...sadly I don't have fsx to test it..just fs9 . I will also be editing it sometime down the road..the buildings textures. I will let you know if I start doing that. Won't affect your ADE stuff

Found this. You can use it to convert the afcad (bgl) file into FS9's format. I'll also include the ADE files for you.
http://www.scruffyduck.org.uk/files/fsx2fs9_050.zip