• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSXA SBX Install Problem?

Country
china
Once opened it after installation, it reminds me of some faults something like "check your XXX.txt files.", I don't know what's wrong with this. The SBX folder was put into the C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Modeling SDK\FSX_GmaxGamePack\SBX315 and I use Win10 Home Edition.
I think it's a good software and I really hope I can use it with ease.

Attachments

• 屏幕截图(149).png
    屏幕截图(149).png
    268.3 KB · Views: 360
  • 屏幕截图(150).png
    屏幕截图(150).png
    273.9 KB · Views: 407
Country
us-illinois
Hello:

NOTE: For use of SBuilderX with Windows-10, it is now recommended that you perform a new install of SBuilderX version 3.15 which is entirely separate from any existing SBuilderX version 3.14 installation:

https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/sbuilderx-v315.441705/

rhumbaflappy said:
I have made a full zipped version of the program, with all folders filled for immediate use without a previous installation of version 3.14:

Full SbuilderX v315

Because the resulting installation will include all required SBuilderX files, you may be able to ignore any further occurrences of this status message:

"Some textures referred to in polys.txt, lines,txt, lands,txt or waters,txt could not be copiued into the \Tools\Bmps folder"

...as this may only be due to a security configuration on a particular computer blocking SBuilderX from verifying presence of certain required files in the [SBuilderX version 3.15 install path]\Tools\Bmps folder ...during each and every SBuilderX startup.

GaryGB

Last edited:
Country
china
Hello:

For use of SBuilderX with Windows-10, it is now recommended that you perform a new install of SBuilderX version 3.15 which is entirely separate from any existing SBuilderX version 3.14 installation:

"I have made a full zipped version of the program, with all folders filled for immediate use without a previous installation of version 3.14:

Full SbuilderX v315"

Because the resulting installation will include all required SBuilderX files, you may be able to ignore any further occurrences of this status message:

"Some textures referred to in polys.txt, lines,txt, lands,txt or waters,txt could not be copiued into the \Tools\Bmps folder"

...as this may only be due to a security configuration on a particular computer blocking SBuilderX from verifying presence of certain required files in the [SBuilderX version 3.15 install path]\Tools\Bmps folder ...during each and every SBuilderX startup.

GaryGB
I've downloaded the full version of SBX315, but a new problem arises, as opened, it said that an unexpected error occured, even if I clicked Yes, nothing will happen though the warning says that press YES it will continue.
屏幕截图(151).png

Country
china
Hi Again:

In [SBuilderX 3.15 install path] folder, select SBuilderX.exe, right-click, and choose "Run As Administrator"

If that does not eliminate the error message you reported above, you may find an answer in these search results:

https://www.google.com/search?q=SBuilderX+"Globally+Exception"&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&client=safari

GaryGB
Though running as administration, the warning still pop up, so I went to your site and found no valuable solution in PTsim forum, the first site in Google. Oh by the way, the new ''Version'' is installed in D:/ instead of C:/. So I wonder what next I should do to check what's really going on.

Country
us-illinois
Please tell us which specific error / status message(s) are now appearing when SBuilderX 3.15 is "Run As Administrator".

Also, please tell us what drive letter and folder path you now have installed SBuilderX 3.15 into.

GaryGB

Last edited:
Country
china
Please tell us which specific error / status message(s) are now appearing when SBuilderX 3.15 is "Run As Administrator".

Also, please tell us what drive letter and folder path you now have installed SBuilderX 3.15 into.

GaryGB
The error message was as the same as it was shown in my last photo (there was no difference in error message whether it was run as administor or not), and I installed at the root menu of D disk, it was D:/SBX315 for convenience.

Country
us-illinois
Please check to see if you have a ERROR_REPORT.TXT file inside:

[SBuilderX 3.15 install path]\Tools\Work sub-folder,

IIUC, based on your latter info posted above, for your computer, that file/folder path would be:

D:\SBX315\Tools\Work sub-folder.

If you do see such a file there, please attach a copy of that file to a reply in this thread.

GaryGB

Country
china
Please check to see if you have a ERROR_REPORT.TXT file inside:

[SBuilderX 3.15 install path]\Tools\Work sub-folder,

IIUC, based on your latter info posted above, for your computer, that file/folder path would be:

D:\SBX315\Tools\Work sub-folder.

If you do see such a file there, please attach a copy of that file to a reply in this thread.

GaryGB
The only file in that folder is PROJECT_ERR.SBP and I don't know if it's what you desired, but anyway, I'll attach it (for SBP file are not allowed to upload, I changed the extension to TXT).

Attachments

• PROJECT_ERR.TXT
    53 bytes · Views: 430
Country
us-illinois
Hi again:

Possibly there may have been a mis-interpretation of information which is in the ReadMe315.TXT of the ZIP file I linked above ? :scratchch

The PROJECT_ERR.TXT file you attached above cites SBuilderX version 3.14; AFAIK this does not occur in SBuilderX version3.15.

https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/sbx-install-problem.443859/post-808150

Hello:

For use of SBuilderX with Windows-10, it is now recommended that you perform a new install of SBuilderX version 3.15 which is entirely separate from any existing SBuilderX version 3.14 installation:

"I have made a full zipped version of the program, with all folders filled for immediate use without a previous installation of version 3.14:

Full SbuilderX v315"

GaryGB

DO NOT UN-ZIP OR OTHERWISE COPY THAT "SBX315.ZIP" INTO AN EXISTING SBUILDERX VERSION 3.14 FOLDER CHAIN.

You should be able to un-ZIP the "SBX315.ZIP" file linked above to a local hard drive letter, and run SBuilderX 3.15. ;)

PS: Be certain that your ZIP utility is set to "Extract Relative Paths" to preserve folder structure when un-ZIP-ing. :pushpin:

GaryGB

Last edited:
Country
china
Hi again:

Possibly there may have been a mis-interpretation of information which is in the ReadMe315.TXT of the ZIP file I linked above ? :scratchch

The PROJECT_ERR.TXT file you attached above cites SBuilderX version 3.14; AFAIK this does not occur in SBuilderX version3.15.

DO NOT UN-ZIP OR OTHERWISE COPY THAT "SBX315.ZIP" INTO AN EXISTING SBUILDERX VERSION 3.14 FOLDER CHAIN.

You should be able to un-ZIP the "SBX315.ZIP" file linked above to a local hard drive letter, and run SBuilderX 3.15. ;)

PS: Be certain that your ZIP utility is set to "Extract Relative Paths" to preserve folder structure when un-ZIP-ing. :pushpin:

GaryGB
I reinstalled the new version - I ensure it's the 315 version because I deleted the old folder and unzipped the new file (SBX315.zipSBX315.zip) in the same directory and the file ReadMe315.txt was im the root path - but still again, I checked the path again and found the actually same file in it. I am confused now.

Country
us-illinois
Hi again:

1.) Delete any existing SBuilderX version 3.14 and/or version 3.15 folders

2.) Place the SBX315.zip file (cited above) within the root of ex: drive D:\

3.) Use ex: WinRAR free demo version to extract (de-archive) that ZIP file with all its nested sub-folder intact

https://www.win-rar.com/download.html?&L=0

NOTE: Be certain that WinRAR is set to "Extract Relative Paths" to preserve folder structure when un-ZIP-ing. :pushpin:

You should end up with a ready-to-use install of SBuilderX version 3.15 containing all required folders and files.

4.) Browse to ex: D:\SBX315\SBuilderX.exe

a.) Right-click > choose Create Shortcut

b.) Within the D:\SBX315\SBuilderX folder, Right-click the new 'Shortcut' to SBuilderX.exe (the one with a small arrow on it)

(1) From the Right-click pop-up context menu, choose 'Properties'

(2) In the 'Properties' dialog, choose the {Compatibility} tab

(3) On the 'Properties' dialog {Compatibility} tab, Left-click [Change settings for all users] button

(4) In 'Properties' {Compatibility} tab [Change settings for all users] dialog, check 'Run this program as an administrator'

(5) Left-click [OK] button]

(6) Back on the 'Properties' dialog {Compatibility} tab, Left-click [OK] button]

c.) Within the D:\SBX315\SBuilderX folder, double-Left-click the new 'Shortcut' to SBuilderX.exe (the one with a small arrow on it)

d.) You should now be able to run SBuilderX version 3.15 as an Administrator without file / folder path permission errors

GaryGB

Last edited:
Country
china
Hi again:

1.) Delete any existing SBuilderX version 3.14 and/or version 3.15 folders

2.) Place the SBX315.zip file (cited above) within the root of ex: drive D:\

3.) Use ex: WinRAR free demo version to extract (de-archive) that ZIP file with all its nested sub-folder intact

https://www.win-rar.com/download.html?&L=0

NOTE: Be certain that WinRAR is set to "Extract Relative Paths" to preserve folder structure when un-ZIP-ing. :pushpin:

You should end up with a ready-to-use install of SBuilderX version 3.15 containing all required folders and files.

4.) Browse to ex: D:\SBX315\SBuilderX.exe

a.) Right-click > choose Create Shortcut

b.) Within the D:\SBX315\SBuilderX folder, Right-click the new 'Shortcut' to SBuilderX.exe (the one with a small arrow on it)

(1) From the Right-click pop-up context menu, choose 'Properties'

(2) In the 'Properties' dialog, choose the {Compatibility} tab

(3) On the 'Properties' dialog {Compatibility} tab, Left-click [Change settings for all users] button

(4) In 'Properties' {Compatibility} tab [Change settings for all users] dialog, check 'Run this program as an administrator'

(5) Left-click [OK] button]

(6) Back on the 'Properties' dialog {Compatibility} tab, Left-click [OK] button]

c.) Within the D:\SBX315\SBuilderX folder, double-Left-click the new 'Shortcut' to SBuilderX.exe (the one with a small arrow on it)

d.) You should now be able to run SBuilderX version 3.15 as an Administrator without file / folder path permission errors

GaryGB
For I have never installed SBX314 before, so I checked again to use administration for ALL USERS, but still, that's now working. Maybe I should deleted the old folder and extract the compressor again? But the compressor has deleted from my laptop, I need to re-download the file again tomorrow.

Country
us-illinois
Hi again:

Indeed, delete any existing SBuilderX 315 folders and follow the instructions above to 'de-compress' SBX315.ZIP from the root of a drive letter. :pushpin:

GaryGB

Country
china
Hi again:

Indeed, delete any existing SBuilderX 315 folders and follow the instructions above to 'de-compress' SBX315.ZIP from the root of a drive letter. :pushpin:

GaryGB
The reality is, I followed your instructions above and re-installed it and created the shortcut trying to eliminate any possible problems but it did happen again. So I'm much more confused. I searched something about SBuiler in forums in my language and some have the opening problem due to the system language, I wonder should it be the problem too?

Country
us-illinois
Do you have your Windows 'Decimal separator' set to a period (.) instead of another character such as a comma (,) ? :scratchch

This is required for use of most- if not all- FS utilities, FS SDK compilers, and all source data files for the FS SDK. :pushpin:

GaryGB

Country
us-illinois
Hi again:

1.) In Windows Control Panel, click Region and Language applet (Region and Language dialog box opens)

2.) In the Region and Language dialog box, click {Formats} tab

3.) On {Formats} tab > click [Additional Settings] button (Customize Formats dialog box opens)

4.) In Customize Formats dialog box > {Numbers} tab > Decimal Symbol:
a.) Set the Decimal symbol to a period (.) instead of another character such as a comma (,)

b.) Click [OK] button

c.) Back on the Region and Language dialog box {Formats} tab, click [OK] button

d.) Exit Control Panel

5.) Restart Windows

GaryGB

Country
australia
I was having this issue too but I extracted using winrar as suggested in this post and it started working without the errors.

I guess the other extraction tool that I was using was the issue.

Thanks for your posts GaryGB