• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX:SE Random <Visibility> Conditions Failing

n4gix

Resource contributor
Country
unitedstates
Many of you may know that we released the PA-30 Twin Comanche last Saturday. Everything has been working fine with 20 different avionics options. Everything tagged with their respective <Visibility> conditions.

For the past few days I've been working on upgrading the Twinkie with an "Autopilot, AH, and HSI" (from the C310R Redux). Suddenly The yokes will hide, but then immediately reappear. Somehow the custom (L:var,unit) is not "sticking". The MV_GNS530 is failing to appear when its custom <Viz> variable is set!

The yokes I converted to an animation and simply move them behind the panel to 'hide' them. I suppose I'll have to do the same thing for the GNS530 in the morning.

What is truly strange though is that I've only added one new <Visibility> definition to the modeldef.xml file. Has anyone else had something similar happen to them?

I have no more hair to lose! :banghead::banghead::banghead:

n4gix

Resource contributor
Country
unitedstates
Yes, they are all unique. What is puzzling though is that there were fewer than 200 <visibility> conditions, so this problem shouldn't have occurred to begin with.

Ah well, it's done now so I can move along to my next headache, er... I mean project!

Lefteris Kalamaras

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Country
greece
Bill,

we have a lot more than 200 visibility conditions set in our model - assuming this is in P3Dv4, you shouldn't be looking for a problem with "too many of them" at 200 or so. It's something else. Perhaps something with a skinned part?

n4gix

Resource contributor
Country
unitedstates
Thanks for the reply Lefteris. No skinned parts in this little project. What is weird is that all <Visibility> conditions worked 100% in P3Dv4.3, but would fail in FSX.

For example, simple script to "hide the pilot's yoke" would fail in FSX. The yoke would disappear, then the controlling variable somehow got cancelled and returned to zero, making the yoke reappear. Yet similar script for the copilot's yoke would work 100% of the time no matter the sim version.

No where else was this particular (L:var,unit) used in the modeldef.xml or any xml gauge scripts. It's enough to drive one utterly mad! :rotfl:

Country
unitedstates
I was just talking about this in the thread high poly models. Once a project gets heavy in the total model.def code used the vis tags seem to stop writing for XtoMDL 1.4 or lower. If i remove just 1 vis tag and add another it works. If i just add 1 more it fails. I solved this by build order. Put any groups with vis tag in the build order first. I know you do not use groups. So i forget how to get the build order without groups. See if this helps.
Another work around was to write the vis tag with a MouseRect section even tho you will not use it.