• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSXA ZBAA Beijing International Airport for FSX

Country
australia
but the visibility of the lights are so poor.

they don't need to be (unreal) bright like P3D stock.

DD's efforts are a good guide as to what is "real" in my opinion ......... but i prefer sode conditional visibility at class B airports to pcl triggers.

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
I did that but the light cannot be seen for the entire runway at 3800 m. If you landing on the head of the runway, you cannot see the light at the other end. Is that normal ? I don't know either since I am not the pilot.

Country
australia
I did that but the light cannot be seen for the entire runway at 3800 m. ......

Tic

my best opinion (memory) assumes the runway is flat (unlike any in the real) and that visibility is 9999 (>10km) ........ from the threshold you would not see an individual light at the far end (definition) / those beyond about 2km or so would appear as a "line" (essentially they are one behind the other at that distance) . The far end reds would be a "blur" rather than defined objects.

if visibility was say 2000m, it is unlikely you would see the line all the way & probably no reds. (& in the real there's a 50% chance there hidden over the hill anyway)

i hope others can offer their thoughts to help you.

Country
australia
Tic

Am I correct .... you have 2 options for runway / taxiway / approach lighting
a) SCASM which is more visible perhaps too bright but no daytime fog visibility
b) Models for Sode lighting which are less visible but have daytime fog visibility ..... but you prefer these, hence your concerns above.

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
No, you got it wrong. Scasm lights are visible under low visibility during the day. There are a few reasons that I keep using it.
1. The visibility of light is very far.
2. It is very easy to make.
3. It is visible under low visibility during the day
Please see the gif animation below. Scasm lights during the day will be visible under 5 mile visibility.
So, I don't see any reasons to use the light under SODE. Moreover, Papi light visibility is so poor that you less than 2-3 miles before you can see the light.

(PS. Please do not mind on the FPS. It is my old computer using for developing the airport. It is 12 years old, Win XP, Pentium 4 computer. If I can get more than 10-15 fps, you can imagine how much fps you can get on your system!)

ScasmLight.gif

Last edited:
Country
switzerland
I think I will do FS9 version but it has to come out last. Since the process of making FS9 version is totally different.

Hi Tic

Just because of Interest and because that has been posted as "definitively beeing created for FS2004", by other people in other forums, I would like to know if this is now definitively confirmed by you or not?
Would you consider doing it for FS9 or is this not intended by now? Can you definitely confirm an FS9 Version at this time or not?

Last edited:

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
Hi Tic

Just because of Interest and because that has been posted as "definitively beeing created for FS2004", by other people in other forums, I would like to know if this is now definitively confirmed by you or not?
Would you consider doing it for FS9 or is this not intended by now? Can you definitely confirm an FS9 Version at this time or not?

YES, I will do it. But not now.......
It will take a while after FSX, P3Dv4 version have been done. Not easy on the ground poly with satellite photos on it.

Country
switzerland
YES, I will do it. But not now.......
It will take a while after FSX, P3Dv4 version have been done. Not easy on the ground poly with satellite photos on it.

Thanks a lot for the Reply and the Confirmation. Hopefully this will be possible to do, however, it is difficult on some things... ZBAA for FS9 would be a major project and verry appreciated by all those, still using FS9. Incl. myself.
So thanks for your engagement into it... can't wait to buy, when it's done somedays in the future.

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
Looks great. Which method do you use?
I use this method. https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/fsx-property-layer-on-fs2002-gpolys.22930/#post-167836 It is like a clear plastic cover on traditional ground poly. It is not without problem. So I let SODE control it to be seen just only when there is precipitation = RAIN. It can be applied to the snow but Beijing has only little snow. It would be mark contrast to the default terrain if I do snow ground poly.
The first post was 7th Aug 2014, now 26th Feb 2019. It took 4 years and 7 months! I told you, big airport is a game of patience.... ha ha.

Last edited:
Country
ca-saskatchewan
Congratulations! A MASSIVE accomplishment. Any idea of the number of hours you put into the project?

Greg