• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v4 Approaches will not be recognized by ATC

Country
germany
Hello,
I added an RNAV and an ILS Approach to LGKR a while ago. Both approaches had been working when I created them. But now, a few months later, no one will work. ATC will not recognize them, I think I have done everything: moved the approach, recreated the ILS, ... nothing.
Any idea

Thanks Urmel

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Seems not - I wish I could help but I know very little about approach code :(

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
And what other approaches are available for that airport, and what ATC/ATIS is reporting.

Country
germany
Nope, not without more information about what you did exactly and send a copy of your ADE project file.
And what other approaches are available for that airport, and what ATC/ATIS is reporting.

Here it is: https://jcai.dk/2019/03/flytampa-lgkr-corfu-international-airport-ioannis-kapodistrias-ade-v1-1/
It was working, but I installed Aerosors navdata update. I had some problems with other modified approaches and some other thing, I uninstalled it. Other modified airports are working, but this won't work anymore.

"Nope, not without more information about what you did exactly and send a copy of your ADE project file !!!"
I have FlyTampa Corfu also and there are no ILS or 'RNAV's added.
That is why we would need your ADE project file to see what you have done exactly.

Country
germany
"Nope, not without more information about what you did exactly and send a copy of your ADE project file !!!"
I have FlyTampa Corfu also and there are no ILS or 'RNAV's added.
That is why we would need your ADE project file to see what you have done exactly.

Interesting for me:
you can see more things in the project file?
more than in the xml or the bgl?
the bgl is here: https://jcai.dk/2019/03/flytampa-lgkr-corfu-international-airport-ioannis-kapodistrias-ade-v1-1/
I've done over 80 AFD's, so I have some experience, but I also want to learn something new.
I need to explain more: it was working some months ago! with the same file.

We could see what you have done to the bgl when you loaded it in ADE and made some changes to it.
The link you provided is worth nothing for people that have not bought that scenery.

Country
germany
We could see what you have done to the bgl when you loaded it in ADE and made some changes to it.
The link you provided is worth nothing for people that have not bought that scenery.

Sorry, but with my experience it's the same. I can see what I've done with an bgl, even if I don't own the scenery. I open the bgl, go to the approach mode, and I have everything. The same with the project file, you even don't need to own the airport.

Maybe it's working on someone else P3D, It's maybe something wrong with my P3D, that's what I think.

You can add also an bgl for an scenery you don't own. choose the airport, select winds (that runway 16 is in use), listen to ATIS and find out if the ILS is working (recognized) or not. When it's not working, ATIS is saying Visual Runway 16, when it's working ILS Runway 16. ILS has always priority.

You are asking us to help you out and I am telling you what we would need to have an idea of what could be the matter.
If I open the LGKR.bgl I see no ILS, no approaches, no nothing in ADE, only comm frequences.
But since nobody else can see this, do not expect too much help unless you show us your ADE project file where you added the approaches and the ILS.
Do not forget that there are also cvx files that could influence things!

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
you can see more things in the project file?
more than in the xml or the bgl?

Much more. ADE holds information about your work than gets into the bgl files. I agree with Roby - if you want some more help then please make the project file available.

Country
germany
here it is.
for some test's I added ILS 16 (not centered) and ILS 34
and an RNAV Rwy 34 Approach

Thanks
Urmel

Attachments

• LGKR_ADEP4_ILS_test.ad4
    24.8 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
Have not finished with all checking but I can already tell you that you should change the runway and approaches to rwy 35/rwy 17 instead of 34/16.
Your RNAV is also wrong.
Default taxi signs show up in spite of your trying to suppress them. You should delete them instead of suppressing them. To do that you first import them from the stock airport, then list them and delete all of them in this drop down list.
Fault finder also found an orphan node and a runway center line node that is beyond the end of runway 35. Delete the orphan node and add a node to the rwy center line inside the visual boundary of the runway. Then change the link to the north of it into a taxiway path instead of a runway path.
Now I have to launch P3Dv4.5 (without the hotfix that I still have to install but what I should do because my fps on LGKR is down to 15:() and check whether now ATC recognizes the approaches.
In the meantime you can already start working on the aforesaid;).

Cheers,

Country
germany
The Runway is 35/16 and not 35/17. Why should I change this?
What's wrong with the RNAV?

I can't see any Taxisign:
iGVY5Sm.jpg

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
35/16 is not possible. The reciprocal is 180 degrees from the primary so it must be 35/17

1558190644103.png

Perhaps you have a dogleg in the runway ;)

34/16 is valid of course

1558190836308.png

The Runway is 35/16 and not 35/17. Why should I change this?
Well, the taxi signs of the Fly Tampa scenery show 35/17 and if you check a site like skyvector.com or the jeppesen charts, they say it should be 35/17.
What's wrong with the RNAV?
Same as with the runways. You should change them to 35/17 otherwise your approach will be off (you can see it when you are in the ADE approach mode).
I can't see any Taxisign
No, you won't see them but they are there anyway. You can see them when you import them from the stock airport and then delete them. Only then they will be gone.

In the meantime I must confess that I have flown an ILS approach (and that worked OK), but I could not rely on ATC as they only gave VFR instructions and no localizer vectors for the ILS.

Still working on it as it baffles me also for the moment as to why ATC is not updated.

Jon (Scruffyduck, the undersigned or somebody else), may have to learn more about it in the absence of our dearly missed expert on the matter.

Last thing is that I wonder (and will find out after trying it out) whether the same happens in FSX. If it does not then it may be something to do with P3D?

So much for now (you made me curious!),
Till later,

PS:): why are you adding ILS and RNAV to an airport that does not have it?

Country
indonesia
Perhaps you have a dogleg in the runway ;)

There is one in the states that is, I can't remember the name now.
It's has (just a guess) a rwy 05/22.
What Aces did is join runways 05/23 & 04/22 then close both 23 & 04 for take of and landing.

Country
germany
Well, the taxi signs of the Fly Tampa scenery show 35/17 and if you check a site like skyvector.com or the jeppesen charts, they say it should be 35/17.

Same as with the runways. You should change them to 35/17 otherwise your approach will be off (you can see it when you are in the ADE approach mode).

No, you won't see them but they are there anyway. You can see them when you import them from the stock airport and then delete them. Only then they will be gone.

In the meantime I must confess that I have flown an ILS approach (and that worked OK), but I could not rely on ATC as they only gave VFR instructions and no localizer vectors for the ILS.

Still working on it as it baffles me also for the moment as to why ATC is not updated.

Jon (Scruffyduck, the undersigned or somebody else), may have to learn more about it in the absence of our dearly missed expert on the matter.

Last thing is that I wonder (and will find out after trying it out) whether the same happens in FSX. If it does not then it may be something to do with P3D?

So much for now (you made me curious!),
Till later,

PS:): why are you adding ILS and RNAV to an airport that does not have it?

Maybe you should check your charts again. They changed it to 16/34 a few weeks maybe months ago.

The approaches had been working a few montsh ago in v4, and they are not working anymore in LGKR. - only the default approaches are recognized.

I've updated some other airports with approaches (like LFRS and LDDU) and they are still working.

I had this problem before: I used aerosors navdata update, all changed (or added) approaches had been gone.

Why I'm doeing this: I add ILS for an curved or difficult approach for AI.