• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS -Everything you know about upcoming Flight Sim from Microsoft-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Country
argentina
Water seems 3D now...is not a simple texture, but maybe it's some kind of paralax effect.

Country
us-newyork
I'm terrified. I'm sitting at MCO literally just coming out of FlightSimExpo, there were rumor mills of this, and they choose to announce at E3 instead right after the conference closes, not a peep. Think about the implications for the developer community of how this was launched.

DragonflightDesign

Resource contributor
Country
northernireland
I don't think there's much of a problem for the developer community. Many of us (freeware and commercial) are gently drifting away from FSX and across to P3D anyway, so the lack of an SDK in this game is not going to be that much of a problem. Then comes the day that you start it up and the Azure cloud is down. Yes, it does happen and far more often than Microsoft would have you believe. I went onto Azure as a developer and came off it almost as quickly because its stability was unreliable. I'll give this game a miss, despite the beautiful visuals.

Country
us-florida
Good news for the community! and another news which will keep us developers glued into learning new technology. We were too lazy for many years stuck on the old FS9 code, we need to learn to adapt to the changing environment. I highly doubt this new sim will have the 30,000+ airports in high detail, or have many aircraft addons in high detail as we have today for P3D.

There will always be space for us, and we have to learn and adapt to new environment as painful it might be... I am eager to hear more about this, but lets not think its the end of the world, lets see this as a great opportunity for all of us..

Country
us-california
After 20+ years of constantly re-learning for each new version I finally decided recently I'm not going past where I am now. I have enough to keep me happy making planes for a long time. Microsoft lost me at Flight!

Country
us-newyork
I don't mind relearning, and I understand the need to evolve with the technology. After what they pulled with us in the middle of the development of Flight, moving forward with no SDK, many of us are left with bad memories. If there is an SDK, if there is a way to load add-ons without having to be published through MS, we will be fine. I guess we don't know what we don't know, but the fact that very few in the community have been engaged leading up to this is worrying to me.

Country
us-florida
After 20+ years of constantly re-learning for each new version I finally decided recently I'm not going past where I am now. I have enough to keep me happy making planes for a long time. Microsoft lost me at Flight!

Actually since they released FSX in 2006, till LM released P3dv3, it was almost 10 years of the same code. These past years we have I think, been kinda slow on the learning curve. If Microsoft releases a SDK we will have to re-learn again, but, that's the point of all of this, technology changes drastically, we were just too happy of not having any change in almost 10 years. Look what's going to happen next year when mobile phones will get 5G technology, all of us will have to dump our phones.

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
I am happy to learn with the new things if the new platform can squeeze all the hardware technology out. Other games are far ahead already such as GTA, Project Car...etc. However, If the default airports are too good, we can lose our job too.

Country
us-florida
I am happy to learn with the new things if the new platform can squeeze all the hardware technology out. Other games are far ahead already such as GTA, Project Car...etc. However, If the default airports are too good, we can lose our job too.

I highly doubt 30,000 airports will be 'too good'. Its basically impossible based on satellite imagery to have HD airports as we have today from all the different developers. Unless microsoft has an army of hundreds of developers working solely on airports.

Country
argentina
I highly doubt 30,000 airports will be 'too good'. Its basically impossible based on satellite imagery to have HD airports as we have today from all the different developers. Unless microsoft has an army of hundreds of developers working solely on airports.

I suspect that what their AI is for... to get rid of us :D

Status
Not open for further replies.