• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

AIs now following Sloped Runways in P3D

fs1

Country
brazil
We (@theisomizer and I) have been doing quite amount of R&D and accomplished the AIs to follow Sloped Runways in P3D

This is an initial demo for P3D v4.5 only for you to test. The DLL installed just works with the terrain and AI to accomplish it. It is a BETA version still.

To install the addon, download it from here, and unzip the folder into the %USERPROFILE%\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons folder. For more information see how to do this.

Feedback is appreciated.

Thanks

Federico

Country
us-illinois
Hi Dick:

C59 shows a 4 Meter slope from North to South at RWY Marker positions (under the big X's) in Google Earth.

BTW: The aircraft on the RWY on that imagery date with the big X's ...appears to be different than the Twin engine which almost hit my aircraft IRL on approach to C59 because they had not noted the ground comm frequency for the airport had changed a year earlier; maybe that latter "pilot" did not notice the big X's ?. :yikes:

Regarding sloped airfields:

IIUC, we need to have default SDK BGLComp RWY / Taxiway objects at airports to test this, and they need to somehow be 'sloped' ?

Does P3Dv4.5 now offer "sloped" RWY / Taxiway object creation options in BGLComp ? :oops:

OK, just kidding; we can have AI operate directly on the (sloped) terrain without a "flat" / "level" BGLComp airport object. :laughing:

It would be interesting to see what this add-on can do with RWYs that have a 'hump' in the middle. :scratchch

GaryGB

Last edited:
Country
us-illinois
Hi Federico:

Many thanks for making this available, and for the link to an updated St. Barths test airfield with a sloped RWY. :)

I do not yet have P3Dv4.5 to test with.

Would you by any chance have an Alpha or Beta build that could instead be run in FSX ? :scratchch

[EDITED]

The linked scenery is a very nice update of St. Barths.

For fun, I turned up all traffic, and I was impressed by how trucks are able to navigate perfectly, the 'Roundabout' on the hilltop. :cool:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roundabout

Sadly, AI Traffic is not included with the above linked airport scenery; does anyone have an AI Traffic file for St. Barths ? :oops:

[END_EDIT]

GaryGB

Last edited:

fs1

Country
brazil
Hi Federico:

Many thanks for making this available, and for the link to an updated St. Barths test airfield with a sloped RWY. :)

I do not yet have P3Dv4.5 to test with.

Would you by any chance have a an Alpha or Beta build that could instead be run in FSX ? :scratchch

[EDITED]

GaryGB
I will prepare the FSXA version of it.
Thanks

Country
us-illinois
Thank you for the opportunity to test this in FSX when available ! :)

[EDITED]

PS: I use FSXA (DVD), but I am curious... if it runs via SimConnect, will also work via the FSX:SE version of SimConnect ?

[END_EDIT]

GaryGB

Last edited:

fs1

Country
brazil
Thank you for the opportunity to test this in FSX when available ! :)

[EDITED]

PS: I use FSXA (DVD), but I am curious... if it runs via SimConnect, will also work via the FSX:SE version of SimConnect ?

[END_EDIT]

GaryGB
This works on a different form other than SimConnect. Should work for FSX-A-SE
I will try to compile something over the weekend.

Christian Bahr

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Anybody have sloped airfields to share?
You mean if someone has created a airfield with a slope runway?
Of these, I have created 4 pieces so far: Bottenhorn, Nannhausen and Lindlar. In addition comes Hengsen-Opherdicke (contained in Approaching Dortmund - Payware)

Country
us-illinois
Do the latter group of suggested Germany airport scenery packages include AI / Ground Vehicle traffic files ? :scratchch

GaryGB

Christian Bahr

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Do the latter group of suggested Germany airport scenery packages include AI / Ground Vehicle traffic files ? :scratchch
Yes, in Bottenhorn, Nannhausen and Hengsen there is AI traffic. However, not a classic traffic, but avatars. They go there for a walk around the airfilds but were programmed as AI traffic. The special: they follow the terrain.

Country
us-illinois
https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/ais-now-following-sloped-runways-in-p3d.445721/post-825988

Yes, in Bottenhorn, Nannhausen and Hengsen there is AI traffic. However, not a classic traffic, but avatars. They go there for a walk around the airfields but were programmed as AI traffic. The special: they follow the terrain.

Hi Christian:

Because Federico has indicated there will soon be a FSX compatible version of his AI.dll linked in the OP above, it will be important for prospective end-users to distinguish what scenery packages they can use to separately test functionality of that specific Module in FSX and P3D.

For those of us intending to test functionality of AI.dll, it is anticipated that we shall also be able to distinguish which types of AI / Ground Vehicle / Avatar "Traffic" objects are- and are not- subject to modified display in FSX versus P3D ...on slopes.

If you would be so kind, please tell us whether any of your currently available scenery packages include "classic" non-Avatar FSX compatible AI traffic which could be used to test the AI.dll linked by Federico in the OP above ...on sloped terrain ?

Thanks in advance for your clarification to assist us all with properly testing the above cited module demo in FSX ...as well as in P3D. :)

GaryGB

Last edited:

GHD

Country
england
If you would be so kind, please tell us whether any of your currently available scenery packages include "classic" non-Avatar FSX compatible AI traffic which could be used to test the AI.dll linked by Federico in the OP above ...on sloped terrain ?
Surely no avaliable AI traffic will work at any of these airfields :banghead:

(Gary, really, it is high time you install P3D!)
And no, it does not work yet in P3Dv4.5 either, at least not on St.Barth with AIG Winair flights from St.Maarten.
Moreover, AI (ground) vehicles need taxi paths but they cut through the terrain!
There must be some way to do it like we used to for carrier scenery objects maybe, George?

Christian Bahr

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Hi Gary.

Is it possible to drive, start and land the AI Traffic as an airplane over the terrain - without any ADE logic? The airfields I mentioned have no taxiways and no runway. There are only tower views and starting positions created with the ADE.

Both AI ground vehicles and avatars can be governed by waypoints (like AIBTC is able to, but based on a Java script) but in this case you would have to use (I guess?) a simconnect link with a dll to make it work.
If you do not have a problem with avatars or ground vehicles moving the same route from and to, then you can still use AIBTC, I guess.
It does not reply though to the ulterior questions of what airport would be suitable to try out this sloped flatten feature:rolleyes:.

fs1

Country
brazil
Both AI ground vehicles and avatars can be governed by waypoints (like AIBTC is able to, but based on a Java script) but in this case you would have to use (I guess?) a simconnect link with a dll to make it work.
If you do not have a problem with avatars or ground vehicles moving the same route from and to, then you can still use AIBTC, I guess.
It does not reply though to the ulterior questions of what airport would be suitable to try out this sloped flatten feature:rolleyes:.
There are many payware ones. I am looking for a freeware that you could test. I will let you know?

Christian Bahr

Resource contributor
Country
germany
I did not try the Simconnect method, but it would be worth a try. AI traffic on uneven terrain would be something unique. But without Runway.- and taxiway information, it would remain a small dream for now.