• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX:SE System Registry issues after reinstall

Country
mexico
I recently had to completely reinstall FSX:SE due to crashing problems. This time, I installed it on drive D. (gotta save up space for FS2020!)

Now, I'm unable to use AIFP at all. Every time I start AIFP, it gives me this same error message:
1566139133021.png

I press "Aceptar" (continue) and it just closes. I'm thinking since I installed it on my 2nd drive, it can't find it.

A quick Google search involving these keywords brings up this quaint little tool from Flight1- I opened it, selected the path for FSX.exe, and it supposedly updated the registry path to my new FSX installation. I relaunched AIFP, and yet it refused to work and still gave me this error message.
Is there a way to manually update the registry (e.g. Regedit) to allow AIFP to work? If so, what would I have to insert? Thanks in advance.

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
It would seem that FSX:SE did not install as expected. Did you uninstall first? Editing the registry is probably not a good idea. Try reinstalling?

Please see the third sticky above.

A possible workaround is to specify the path to FSX:SE by adding or editing the line in AIFP.ini

"Path to FSX-SE=F:\FSX-SE\steamapps\common\FSX"

where the part in italics is, of course, the path on your system.

Don

Country
mexico
It would seem that FSX:SE did not install as expected. Did you uninstall first? Editing the registry is probably not a good idea. Try reinstalling?

Please see the third sticky above.

A possible workaround is to specify the path to FSX:SE by adding or editing the line in AIFP.ini

"Path to FSX-SE=F:\FSX-SE\steamapps\common\FSX"

where the part in italics is, of course, the path on your system.

Don

I actually ended up redownloading it completely.

But.....where is the .ini file?

1566301373296.png

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Sorry, its created on the first (successful) execution of AIFP which, of course, you haven't yet been able to complete.

Create a file named "AIFP.ini" containing the single line I suggested above and save it in your AIFP folder.

Don

Country
mexico
Sorry, its created on the first (successful) execution of AIFP which, of course, you haven't yet been able to complete.

Create a file named "AIFP.ini" containing the single line I suggested above and save it in your AIFP folder.

Don

This seems to have fixed it. Thanks!

(I hope I don't overflood all the major airports with AI traffic now)

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
It would seem FSX:SE has installed in a location in the registry that AIFP doesn't check. Please do a "Find" with RegEdit on the term "steamapps\common\FSX". If you discover one or more items named "AppPath" or "SetupPath", please let me know where in your registry they occur.

Don

Country
southafrica
Hi I also have this problem with P3D? Not sure about "Create a file named "AIFP.ini" containing the single line I suggested above and save it in your AIFP folder "?

=rk=

Resource contributor
Country
us-washington
You do not have his problem, you have yours and if you want anyone to see it, start a new thread. People want to help your problem, they don't want to read through an entire thread of someone else's problem that was solved and then try to figure out the differences, like the fact that you use an entirely different simulator.