• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v4 Hide total default objects...

Country
maldives
How to hide default objects: buildings, navigation sources, for additional scenary?
But the main condition: without deleting data associated with default objects:
NVX09020.bgl
APX72230.bgl
OBX72230.bgl(maybe this bgl does not create duplicates in this case)...
I just only edited the AFCAD according to the latest jepp data(heading and position ILS, runway lighting system and papi lights):
I used different polygons of exclude, but this has no effect:(
I’m probably doing something wrong, please help me:rolleyes:

Attachments

• VGHS.rar
    6.6 KB · Views: 184
Last edited:

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
Hi,

Terrain exclude polygons will not exclude airport buildings. You need to use the button with the yellow square on it for that.

But it's even easier if you are starting with a default airport.

1. Load stock airport.
2. As needed, delete the buildings, etc. in the display.
3. Edit airport as needed.
4. Compile new ADE BGL file.
5. Save new ADE AD4 file for later editing.
5. Place BGL file into active scenery folder.

Hope this helps,

Country
maldives
Hello!
1. Load stock airport.
2. As needed, delete the buildings, etc. in the display.
Some buildings may be contained in another(OBX72230.bgl)file, right?
And the same goes for navigation sources(NVX09020.bgl), that is, we can not solve the problem only by editing the default airport?

Compile new ADE BGL file.
A file _CVX.bgl will also be created, what to do with it?

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Some buildings may be contained in another(OBX72230.bgl)file, right?
And the same goes for navigation sources(NVX09020.bgl), that is, we can not solve the problem only by editing the default airport?

Yes you can because ADE reads those bgl file sources when it loads the stock airport and places any related objects etc in the ADE display and project file.

A file _CVX.bgl will also be created, what to do with it?

Presumably this file was generated by you when you added your terrain exclusions. If you delete all of these then ADE should ask you whether you want to keep the CVX file or not

Country
maldives
If you delete all of these then ADE should ask you whether you want to keep the CVX file or not
thx,I will try this option:)
but I can’t do this because I get a strange problem while trying to load the default airport...
the load stock airport list shows VGZR ICAO which is currently replaced by a new ICAO VGHS, which is actually (old VGZR ICAO) not in the my file APX72230.bgl, when trying to open a nonexistent VGZR ICAO, we expectedly get an error:oops:
I attached my APX72230.bgl, log file and a screenshot of the error for analysis:coffee:

Attachments

• error.jpg
    error.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 175
  • APX72230.bgl
    48.7 KB · Views: 131
  • Log.rar
    23 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
OK - in this case it seems that the ADE airports database that it uses to find airports is not in sync with the actual contents of the stock bgl file. The error is that ADE can't find that ICAO code. An alternative is to use the Open Airport from Bgl menu option and select the airport from there.

1573453171107.png

There is a tool under test in the current development build to allow users to update these databases. However it is rather buggy.

Country
maldives
An alternative is to use the Open Airport from Bgl menu option and select the airport from there.
so it works:)

but now I still have the same question: how to remove duplicates of all stock objects...

my steps:
open via ADE D:\Prepar3D v4\Scenery\0902\scenery\APX72230.bgl, next airports in list: Dhaka-VGHS.
next file-compile airport and save in temp forder.
next open compile airport(out temp forder) and manual del all stock objects+approaches.
next file-compile airport and save my addons scenary forder DHAKA INTL VGHS\scenery.

as a result, there are three files in this folder:
1) new compile airport.bgl(with deleted all stock oobjects) .
2)VGHS_ADEP2_DYNA.BGL.
3)VGHS_ADEP2_DYNA_CVX.bgl.
the last 2 files are additional scenary files.

but this does not solve ILS duplicate problems,besides starting positions are lost... the problem is solved only by a disabled file D:\Prepar3D v4\Scenery\0902\scenery\APX72230.bgl, thereby disabled many more stock airports, which is unacceptable...

any ideas?

Last edited:

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
OK, until we can iron the bugs out of the database create function you can do this.
  • Make sure ADE is closed
  • Go to the relevant sim version folder (P34) inside the ADE main folder
  • Find the file called airportList.dat and make a safe copy of it
  • Open it in a text editor and search for VGZR
  • Carefully replace VGZR with VGHS and save the file
  • Run ADE and look for the airport (VGHS) via Load Stock Airport
  • Try to load it
Now I did not find the same information in APX72230.bgl as you have in the one you posted. The size is different for example. My APX72230.bgl does not contain VGHS but rather VGZR

As far as I know I have a vanilla installation of P3D v4 but perhaps LM updated this? Or are you aware of any other way your APX72230.bgl got modified?

Country
maldives
you can do this.
or as you said above,can be made easier:
An alternative is to use the Open Airport from Bgl menu option and select the airport from there.
the result is almost the same?

Or are you aware of any other way your APX72230.bgl got modified?
yes of course i know, this is a wonderful global and free nav update package: https://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids3.html (everyone needs to use it):cool:

but, I still have not solved the problem that I wrote about at the beginning:
how to remove duplicates of all stock objects...

my steps:
open via ADE D:\Prepar3D v4\Scenery\0902\scenery\APX72230.bgl, next airports in list: Dhaka-VGHS.
next file-compile airport and save in temp forder.
next open compile airport(out temp forder) and manual del all stock objects+approaches.
next file-compile airport and save my addons scenary forder DHAKA INTL VGHS\scenery.

as a result, there are three files in this folder:
1) new compile airport.bgl(with deleted all stock oobjects) .
2)VGHS_ADEP2_DYNA.BGL.
3)VGHS_ADEP2_DYNA_CVX.bgl.
the last 2 files are additional scenary files.

but this does not solve ILS duplicate problems,besides starting positions are lost... the problem is solved only by a disabled file D:\Prepar3D v4\Scenery\0902\scenery\APX72230.bgl, thereby disabled many more stock airports, which is unacceptable...

any ideas?
maybe you can help me?:teacher:

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
Sorry, I don't understand exactly what you are starting with, and what your problem is.

Country
maldives
what you are starting
connected this (https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/attachments/vghs-rar.52638/) additional scenary to p3dv4.5

and what your problem is
the problem is that there a duplicate/doubles of navigational resources(ILS, NDB, markers) and other objects (buildings, aprons, taxiways, etc.), on the navigation map of the simulator...

P.S I think I found what I need, I'll try to repeat it: https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/how-to-delete-default-airport-buildings.91996/post-244786

Last edited:

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Country
us-texas
Sounds like you have changed the APX72230.bgl, if you have changed any of the default files that's the reason for the duplicate navigational resources(ILS, NDB, markers) and other objects (buildings, aprons, taxiways, etc.), on the navigation map.

It is not recommended to change any of the default ".bgl" (ex. APX?????.bgl, BRX?????.bgl, and OBX?????.bgl) for any reason because of the very problem that you are having now. I suggest that you (hopefully, you have backup what you have changed) place it back where it belongs.

Country
maldives
default files that's the reason for the duplicate navigational resources(ILS, NDB, markers) and other objects (buildings, aprons, taxiways, etc.), on the navigation map.
everything is correct, but this file by default, creates the same problems, since it contains almost all the same objects that are in the third-party scenary. that is, this is a normal situation if we add a third-party scenary. It is for solving such problems that tools are created that are described in more detail here:

It is not recommended to change any of the default ".bgl" (ex. APX?????.bgl, BRX?????.bgl, and OBX?????.bgl)
I completely agree, that’s why I don’t want to disable / delete them, although this would easily solve the problem of duplicates.
but in this case, this update (as I said above) creates exactly the same problems as the default file:duck:

what else would I like to say about these updates:
these updates are the only thing everyone really needs to replace the default files with, because it will really be beneficial and take sim to new AIRAC(including magnetic variations and replacing obsolete ICAO with new ones).

this is what LM should have done (at least with each new version of the sim) or Navigraph, but probably it would have already been for a paid subscription:scratchch
sometimes it does LM, but it is extremely rare and in small quantities...

I think the information from the screenshot (and the links above) should help me, I will try it later:stirthepo

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191112-095441254.jpg
    Screenshot_20191112-095441254.jpg
    358.3 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
All bets are off if the stock files are modified directly. For starters most of us would be unable to replicate what you are seeing and secondly results may be unpredictable. I can't tell you what methods might work since I can't see what you see. I cannot tell if Reloading stock data would help or not. As mentioned earlier we have been working on making the create database functions available to end users. This would reread the presumed stock files (even if modified) and generate the index databases based on modified data. I still don't like this much since it means in theory every user has a different setup and thus support would become impossible. A second issue is that the create database function is very unreliable and still throws random errors such as out of memory which are very hard to debug.

I have no date for the release of a reliable database creation tool

Country
maldives
All bets are off if the stock files are modified directly

this is not a problem, as it can be solved manually thanks to your advice:
OK, until we can iron the bugs out of the database create function you can do this.
  • Make sure ADE is closed
  • Go to the relevant sim version folder (P34) inside the ADE main folder
  • Find the file called airportList.dat and make a safe copy of it
  • Open it in a text editor and search for VGZR
  • Carefully replace VGZR with VGHS and save the file
  • Run ADE and look for the airport (VGHS) via Load Stock Airport
  • Try to load it

I have no date for the release of a reliable database creation tool
we will wait, but there is no urgent need for this;)
---
I have such a problem at the moment, there is actually no vor+dme object(sco gen vorsmalldme,only a shell, this is not a working beacon) in any of the files, there is only its shell, I seem to have found it contained in a third-party scenary(in VTSG_ADEP4_ADE2_OBJ.bgl), how to remove this useless shell, any ideas?
see screenshot please:

Attachments

• vor.jpg
    vor.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 131
  • ade.jpg
    ade.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Please be aware of another potential issue with stock objects in the ADE display. ADE will use the existing indexes to identify these. Since the indexes are created based on unmodified stock bgl files then any differences in the location of things in the modified files may give rise to duplication or other error.

Country
maldives
Please be aware of another potential issue with stock objects in the ADE display.

I returned the original files for check, in this case the problem is not this...
I just want to ask, how you can edit the file and remove the shell(only a shell, this is not a working beacon) vor+dme object(sco gen vorsmalldme) from a third-party scenary(in VTSG_ADEP4_ADE2_OBJ.bgl), what tool can i do this?
I'm sure the culprit in the screenshot:

Attachments

• bglviewer.jpg
    bglviewer.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
If that BGL file is a simple library object placement file (with no actual objects inside it) then a program like the payware Instant Scenery will open that file and you can delete that object from it. For a freeware choice, ModelConverterX will do the same thing.

If it is a more complicated file, I don't know of a way to do that, short of decompiling the BGL file into XML and MDL files, editing the XML file to remove the object, and recompiling.

What I often do instead is place new identical objects at the locations of all of these objects using a program like ADE, and then delete that file permanently.

Country
maldives
ModelConverterX will do the same thing
ModelConverter cannot find objects in VTSG_ADEP4_ADE2_OBJ.bgl,
, then option number two:
If it is a more complicated file
Yes, it looks like this, there are no objects in this file, but only links to the standard library

What I often do instead is place new identical objects at the locations of all of these objects using a program like ADE
I want to try this option, with the help of ADE I added exactly the same object at the same coordinates
vors.jpg

when compiling, you need to select the option that I noted in the screenshot?
vors!.jpg

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
That option is not required; I don't even know if an OBJ file will be created only for library object placement. I thought that may apply more to MDL files directly incorporated into ADE. Jon would know that. If you don't choose that option any objects will instead be compiled inside the main ADE BGL. I don't know offhand of any particular advantage from making a separate OBJ BGL file?