• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX:SE Problems when compiling and importing to FSX

Country
unitedkingdom
You can get the P3Dv1.4 SDK here: https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/resources/prepar3d-v1-sdk.227/

Basically, the SDK for FSX:SE is incomplete, and it's a bit of a nightmare to collate the FSX SDK and update it through its various iterations (which must be done in the right order!). The P3Dv1.4 SDK works for all versions of FSX, as well as P3Dv1 (if anyone still has that).

The GP Texture file will be generated when you compile the airport, and is by default contained in a folder called ADE_GP_Textures, which will be in the same place as your compiled airport.

Edit: here's my version, with the folders arranged as I suggested. I've left the ADE_GP_Texture folder 'as is' so you can see it. I haven't corrected any of the other errors that Jon and I noted earlier.

Attachments

• LEVF.zip
    98.4 KB · Views: 94

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
OK, as Tim said you were using the wrong compiler. Generally they are not backward compatible as you found. The P3D v1.4 SDK is available from the resources section of this website.

Country
spain
You can get the P3Dv1.4 SDK here: https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/resources/prepar3d-v1-sdk.227/

Basically, the SDK for FSX:SE is incomplete, and it's a bit of a nightmare to collate the FSX SDK and update it through its various iterations (which must be done in the right order!). The P3Dv1.4 SDK works for all versions of FSX, as well as P3Dv1 (if anyone still has that).

The GP Texture file will be generated when you compile the airport, and is by default contained in a folder called ADE_GP_Textures, which will be in the same place as your compiled airport.

Edit: here's my version, with the folders arranged as I suggested. I've left the ADE_GP_Texture folder 'as is' so you can see it. I haven't corrected any of the other errors that Jon and I noted earlier.

Thank you very much for the effort. So I just need to install the P3D SDK v1.4 and then in ADE change the compiler location to the BglComp to the folder of the new BglComp of P3D and that would be it, right?

Also, thank you for the LEVF folder with the right arrangement; it's highly apreciated!

Country
spain
Honestly, I'm so thankful to the three of you for the great help and effort, plus the super quick answer. I will update when I'm able to compile airports by my own, thanks to your tips and answers.

Have a great day/evening/night!

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
That is correct. Point ADE to the folder containing bglcomp.exe and also the folder for Shp2Vec.exe There are two compilers. BglComp is for airports and scenery and Shp2Vec is for terrain such as land class and airport backgrounds. You need both set correctly

Country
unitedkingdom
Thank you very much for the effort. So I just need to install the P3D SDK v1.4 and then in ADE change the compiler location to the BglComp to the folder of the new BglComp of P3D and that would be it, right?

Also, thank you for the LEVF folder with the right arrangement; it's highly apreciated!

Yes, that's it. If you also have P3Dv5, you can set ADE up so that it will use the correct SDK for the project you're working on. It will then ask you which sim you're designing for when it starts up.

Country
spain
That is correct. Point ADE to the folder containing bglcomp.exe and also the folder for Shp2Vec.exe There are two compilers. BglComp is for airports and scenery and Shp2Vec is for terrain such as land class and airport backgrounds. You need both set correctly

So I need to download the Shp2Vec for the SDK P3D v1.4 that I downloaded, right?

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
No that is part of the SDK. You need to point ADE to the SDK. I assume you have installed the 1.4 SDK and removed the one from P3D v5?

In ADE you can go to Settings > Options > Folders (I assume you did this to set up the v5 SDK with ADE) and select the folders for BglComp and Shp2Vec
1590044157679.png

You probably can't use the Find button but next to the path boxes for BglComp and Shp2Vec is a small button '...' Click each in turn to select the correct folder

1590044296828.png

and
1590044328581.png

Now save and restart ADE - it should be able to use the correct compilers

Country
spain
Okay, so I now have the right folders and It compiles which is good; anyway, there's something I'm doing wrong as I still can't generate the GP file. I've tried compiling separate Airport ang OBj bgl files but I'm missing something somewhere
Captura de pantalla (357).png
Captura de pantalla (356).png
Captura de pantalla (354).png
Captura de pantalla (353).png
Captura de pantalla (352).png

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
But your screenshot of your Addon Scenery\scenery folder shows LEVF3_ADEX_GGC_GP.bgl so it is compiling. Uncheck the separate compiles for airport and scenery. This is not really of any benefit for you and it is easier for us to help if there is no OBJ bgl file. Delete the LEVF3**.bgl files from Addon Scenery\scenery so that we don't have anything of it. Then recompile with separate compiles turned off

1590045532175.png

Start the sim and make sure it all works

Country
spain
But your screenshot of your Addon Scenery\scenery folder shows LEVF3_ADEX_GGC_GP.bgl so it is compiling. Uncheck the separate compiles for airport and scenery. This is not really of any benefit for you and it is easier for us to help if there is no OBJ bgl file. Delete the LEVF3**.bgl files from Addon Scenery\scenery so that we don't have anything of it. Then recompile with separate compiles turned off

View attachment 58141

Start the sim and make sure it all works

My mistake. Thanks to your help yesterday, I was able to have LEVF compiled, but now just as a test I'm trying to compile another airport which is LEMR, and I should have pointed it out before. Anyway, let me try compiling without separate files.

Edit: Still missing my GP file for LEMR :(

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla (358).png
    Captura de pantalla (358).png
    137.2 KB · Views: 82

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
There is no GP file since you do not have any Custom GP objects in your project

1590047574605.png

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Well you only Do that if you want custom Ground Polys in your project. You added a couple to LEVF. If you are not sure what they are for then check around the forum. You can make a perfectly good airport without Custom GPs

Country
spain
Good news! I think was kinda able to compile and load the airport into FSX with a different unused ICAO code! I'm gonna do some test and I'll let you know

Update: Yay! I was able to compile it and load ir properly so thanks a lot again. One last question (I don't know if it belongs to this thread or if I should post it elsewhere, so let me know if it's not okay)

Now I have the scenery up and working, and all that's left is some minor adjustements as how do I flatten the map? Right now it's all hilly and I'd like it flatter and all hehe

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla (361).png
    Captura de pantalla (361).png
    2.7 MB · Views: 78
Last edited:
Country
unitedkingdom
You flatten using a 'flatten'!

I think it would be well worth your while studying the manual. I printed mine out as I hate reading long documents on a screen. The current manual is a few iterations behind the live program, but you need to get the basics squared away and you can learn the newer stuff when you've done that.

Country
spain
You flatten using a 'flatten'!

I think it would be well worth your while studying the manual. I printed mine out as I hate reading long documents on a screen. The current manual is a few iterations behind the live program, but you need to get the basics squared away and you can learn the newer stuff when you've done that.

Yeah, I thing you are totaly right and I will do it right away. Thanks for all the help I've gotten from you as it's highly apreciated; I've found this forum has really nice (and patient) people willing to help people. Have great days and hope we coincide again in this forum soon!!