• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS GOBD - Blaise Diagne Intl' - Senegal

Country
senegal
Work in progress.
FlightSimulator 2020-09-03 22-22-54-85.png

FlightSimulator 2020-09-03 22-22-08-80.png

FlightSimulator 2020-09-03 22-26-16-26.png

FlightSimulator 2020-09-03 22-21-51-12.png

FlightSimulator 2020-09-03 22-23-56-51.png

FlightSimulator 2020-09-03 22-25-44-61.png

FlightSimulator 2020-09-03 22-22-43-12.png

FlightSimulator 2020-09-03 22-24-20-34.png

Country
brazil
Hello, Devinci!
First of all, I would like to congratulate you for the wonderful work you are doing. It's getting really good! :cool:
But I would like some help from you: I am trying to develop the airport's scenery of my city (icao: SBVT for MSFS2020), in which I will have to use textures just like you, with TRANSPARENCY and, at the same time, double-sided (to make the control tower and the passengers terminal's fingers, and some more objects). I will need two types of transparency: total (to make handrails, stairs and railings) and partial (to simulate glass with frames). Could you teach me how to do this? Every time I tried to do it, either the texture was not got transparent, or it had kind a suppression effect, depending on the angle that the object is observed. Could you explain to me how to configure the material editor in the modeling tool, or how to create the texture file itself? I'm using Photoshop to create my textures, including only a 8-bit gray scale alpha channel (I'm not using the PBR format). Am I doing it wrong? I am using Blender for modeling (only for information), but I have 3DS Max as well (and always used GMAX to develop sceneries for FS2004).
Thank you very much in advance and, again, congratulations for the excellent work!

Country
senegal
Hello, Devinci!
First of all, I would like to congratulate you for the wonderful work you are doing. It's getting really good! :cool:
But I would like some help from you: I am trying to develop the airport's scenery of my city (icao: SBVT for MSFS2020), in which I will have to use textures just like you, with TRANSPARENCY and, at the same time, double-sided (to make the control tower and the passengers terminal's fingers, and some more objects). I will need two types of transparency: total (to make handrails, stairs and railings) and partial (to simulate glass with frames). Could you teach me how to do this? Every time I tried to do it, either the texture was not got transparent, or it had kind a suppression effect, depending on the angle that the object is observed. Could you explain to me how to configure the material editor in the modeling tool, or how to create the texture file itself? I'm using Photoshop to create my textures, including only a 8-bit gray scale alpha channel (I'm not using the PBR format). Am I doing it wrong? I am using Blender for modeling (only for information), but I have 3DS Max as well (and always used GMAX to develop sceneries for FS2004).
Thank you very much in advance and, again, congratulations for the excellent work!
Thanks,
To make transparency work you have to separate the glass itself from the rest of the building and assign it a "Glass" type texture from the list of available options. Then you can change how much is transparent by changing the value of Blend Threshold. I'm using Blender now but it's the same for 3DS Max. I only use Substance painter for making the textures as it's a lot faster and you can make PBR textures in minutes. If I need to tweak a texture for any reason I use Gimp.

Regards,

Lagaffe

Resource contributor
Country
france
Good and great project !

It's an interesting place for several reasons because some time ago, a simmer from my forum asked me for advice on how to improve an old GOBD scenery he wanted to port to FSX or Prepar3D.
So I took an interest in it for a while and worked on the first trys and tests during 1 or 2 weeks. So I can see all the work you have done on this airport.

One remark, you can improve yoyr apron by adding a thin strip of variable opacity to improve the transition between asphalt and earth. On your screens, the transition is a little too strong.
On a Bill Womack's video about Blender, this work is very well describe.

Country
senegal
Good and great project !

It's an interesting place for several reasons because some time ago, a simmer from my forum asked me for advice on how to improve an old GOBD scenery he wanted to port to FSX or Prepar3D.
So I took an interest in it for a while and worked on the first trys and tests during 1 or 2 weeks. So I can see all the work you have done on this airport.

One remark, you can improve yoyr apron by adding a thin strip of variable opacity to improve the transition between asphalt and earth. On your screens, the transition is a little too strong.
On a Bill Womack's video about Blender, this work is very well describe.
Thanks, that's a very good idea I kinda forgot on this airport. On the freeware version I made for X-Plane 11 it does indeed have a taxiway edge transition and is much better.

I'll check that option.

Regards,

Country
senegal
I decided to make my very first livery to give the airport some ambiance. It was very time consuming.
I added some default grass scenery objects and lost about 30 FPS! No 3d grass for now then. Also the Bing map is from when the airport was being built so I guess that's why I have no auto generated grass anywhere around the airport.
FlightSimulator 2020-10-02 23-41-14-99.png
FlightSimulator 2020-10-02 23-40-11-23.png
FlightSimulator 2020-10-02 23-39-49-16.png
FlightSimulator 2020-10-02 23-39-09-57.png

Country
nigeria
If you want to add 3D Grass Create an Apron where you want the grass. Then Choose either Forest01 or grass 01 material for the Apron and then Change the Opacity of the Apron to 0 and Voila ,FPS friendly 3d Grass

Country
senegal
If you want to add 3D Grass Create an Apron where you want the grass. Then Choose either Forest01 or grass 01 material for the Apron and then Change the Opacity of the Apron to 0 and Voila ,FPS friendly 3d Grass
Interesting. I'll give that a try. I didn't know which material had the best looking grass!
Thanks

Country
senegal
Looks like it worked. But the satellite imagery doesn't have many green spots as the airport was being built so it's not auto generating as much grass in certain areas.

Country
nigeria
Looks like it worked. But the satellite imagery doesn't have many green spots as the airport was being built so it's not auto generating as much grass in certain areas.
Yh its not perfect but at least youll get some grass rather than none

Country
senegal
How many poly's did that model come out to, just curious?

Nice work, by the way is this project to be released as payware or freeware?
I would like to grab a copy when it's released, thank you.
It's going to be a payware for $9.99 on simmarket. I didn't get a reply for my application for partnership with microsoft so it's not going to be on the marketplace.
The model is 3,800 faces.

Thanks very much!