• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS SDK Ground Services New Airport

Country
italy
Dear friends, in a new airport that does not exist at MSFS2020 I have created the complete taxiways with 1 gate. when I ask the roaring, I am allowed near the runway without telling me the names of the taxis and he does not show me the blue arrows. I put a jetway into the gate and it works, then when I insert other things like the pushback, the fuelcar gives me an error. if I insert them as scenery does not give the mistake but the earthquake ignores them.
What should I implement?
I searched for tutorials in YT but to no avail.
Do I need to create a Ground Service? how you do it?
Thank you and good evening

tylerpilot

Resource contributor
Country
unitedstates
You won't need to inset any ground vehicles, they will naturally spawn with the gate. You won't see them until you're at the gate and request them from the ATC menu, under ground services.

Country
italy
You won't need to inset any ground vehicles, they will naturally spawn with the gate. You won't see them until you're at the gate and request them from the ATC menu, under ground services.
I took a vfr flight from my airport:
1° in the taxi I do not see the blue arrows of the taxy (in the project I have inserted all the taxy with the name)
2° when I land back in my airport I go to the gate but there is only the jetway
Where can I look for my mistake?
Grazie mille

Attachments

• SimpleScenery.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 205
Country
italy
I have the problem of vehicle services putting a vehicle park, but the car fuel tells me that it is not available even if I see it parked in the vehicle park. what should i do?
Another problem is that the taxiing belt does not appear even if it is set ON in the ASSISTANCE menu. what could I do?
Thanks again for the vs. help

tylerpilot

Resource contributor
Country
unitedstates
I have the problem of vehicle services putting a vehicle park, but the car fuel tells me that it is not available even if I see it parked in the vehicle park. what should i do?
Another problem is that the taxiing belt does not appear even if it is set ON in the ASSISTANCE menu. what could I do?
Thanks again for the vs. help
The fuel truck will spawn in a vehicle parking. Sorry, I should have been more clear with that. The fuel truck is the only ground vehicle that requires a vehicle parking, which needs to have a defined path to the gates. So you want to connect the vehicle parking to a vehicle road, then connect that road to a taxiway, then connect the taxiway to all the gates. That's the path the truck will take. Once you do that, the fuel truck should be able to drive to the airplane. Unfortunately, I'm not sure about the blue arrows, I haven't gotten them to work in my sceneries either.

Last edited:
Country
italy
The fuel truck will spawn in a vehicle parking. Sorry, I should have been more clear with that. The fuel truck is the only ground vehicle that requires a vehicle parking, which needs to have a defined path to the gates. So you want to connect the vehicle parking to a vehicle road, then connect that road to a taxiway, then connect the taxiway to all the gates. That's the path the truck will take. Once you do that, the fuel truck should be able to drive to the airplane. Unfortunately, I'm not sure about the blue arrows, I haven't gotten them to work in my sceneries either.
Thank you for your very clear indication, if I understand correctly I must:
1- create vehicle parking
2- connect the car park to a taxiway (T1), via a vehicle taxi (TV1)
3-the gates must be connected to the taxiway (T1)
quite right ?

tylerpilot

Resource contributor
Country
unitedstates
Thank you for your very clear indication, if I understand correctly I must:
1- create vehicle parking
2- connect the car park to a taxiway (T1), via a vehicle taxi (TV1)
3-the gates must be connected to the taxiway (T1)
quite right ?
Yep, that's correct. You can also connect a vehicle parking directly to a taxiway if you want, without using the vehicle road. As long as there is a path that eventually leads to a gate, the truck will use that.

Country
italy
Yep, that's correct. You can also connect a vehicle parking directly to a taxiway if you want, without using the vehicle road. As long as there is a path that eventually leads to a gate, the truck will use that.
Thank you so much I'll try it right away

Country
italy
it works, it works, with your suggestion the carfuel comes to the gate. Thanks for your help

Country
italy
I wanted to ask you, given your huge capacity in SDK, how can I insert a VOR inside my file where I have also inserted the working ILS. I have tried various scripts but none of them work, when I do the REBUILD then I find them deleted in the file.
I can't find any discussions about this in the forum.
I tried to copy the vor that is inside the navdata file in the sample project of the SDK, but with no positive result.
Do you have any example scripts to insert?
thanks a lot

tylerpilot

Resource contributor
Country
unitedstates
I wanted to ask you, given your huge capacity in SDK, how can I insert a VOR inside my file where I have also inserted the working ILS. I have tried various scripts but none of them work, when I do the REBUILD then I find them deleted in the file.
I can't find any discussions about this in the forum.
I tried to copy the vor that is inside the navdata file in the sample project of the SDK, but with no positive result.
Do you have any example scripts to insert?
thanks a lot
Glad to hear you go the fuel truck working 😁

I do not believe it's possible to make a VOR at the moment (I could not find any info about it either), but I could be wrong. There are still some features the SDK does not have functionality for yet. Hopefully they continue to update it for us airport developers.

Country
italy
Glad to hear you go the fuel truck working 😁

I do not believe it's possible to make a VOR at the moment (I could not find any info about it either), but I could be wrong. There are still some features the SDK does not have functionality for yet. Hopefully they continue to update it for us airport developers.
thanks a lot, again

Country
italy
Glad I can help!
Hi, I wanted to ask you if these blue arrows shown in the image are a bug or my mistake.
in runway 07, primary, they enter right in the direction of runway, while in runway 25, secondary, they enter from the opposite side from the runway, they go to the field where nothing exists. Only the ILS LOCALIZER is present at 1000 ft for runway 07.
Thanks and bye

Attachments

• BLUE_ARROW_FAILED.JPG
    BLUE_ARROW_FAILED.JPG
    441.5 KB · Views: 221
  • BLUE_ARROW_FAILED_2.JPG
    BLUE_ARROW_FAILED_2.JPG
    471.7 KB · Views: 180
Last edited:
Country
italy
Glad I can help!
Hi, I think it's a bug, because it does it even on unmodified asobo LIRF airport, as shown in the image, I got take off from the 34L but the blue arrows are oriented to the other side, I think they are always oriented towards the primary runway. in this case the 16R.
What do you think about it?
thanks a lot

Attachments

• TAXIWAY_FAILED_LIRF.JPG
    TAXIWAY_FAILED_LIRF.JPG
    396.4 KB · Views: 155

tylerpilot

Resource contributor
Country
unitedstates
Hi, I think it's a bug, because it does it even on unmodified asobo LIRF airport, as shown in the image, I got take off from the 34L but the blue arrows are oriented to the other side, I think they are always oriented towards the primary runway. in this case the 16R.
What do you think about it?
thanks a lot
Hmmm yeah, I would check to make sure the runway start position is in the proper place. If I remember correctly, you can edit the start position under the runway properties. If the blue arrows still have that behavior, it's probably a bug with the sim so I wouldn't worry about it. That would be something they could fix in an update.

Country
italy
Hmmm yeah, I would check to make sure the runway start position is in the proper place. If I remember correctly, you can edit the start position under the runway properties. If the blue arrows still have that behavior, it's probably a bug with the sim so I wouldn't worry about it. That would be something they could fix in an update.
Dear tylerpilot, I wanted to ask you why I no longer see the MARSHALLER at the GATE, in the characteristics of the GATE it should be present. It happens to me that when I arrive at the GATE the MARSHALLER is not there and when I stop my plane on the T of the parking lot the JETWAY leaves alone, without request, and connects to the plane.
Is there any weird automation that I set up by mistake?
Thanks again for your wise answers

tylerpilot

Resource contributor
Country
unitedstates
Dear tylerpilot, I wanted to ask you why I no longer see the MARSHALLER at the GATE, in the characteristics of the GATE it should be present. It happens to me that when I arrive at the GATE the MARSHALLER is not there and when I stop my plane on the T of the parking lot the JETWAY leaves alone, without request, and connects to the plane.
Is there any weird automation that I set up by mistake?
Thanks again for your wise answers
Not sure on that one, but my only guess would be if you set the copilot to manage radios under the AI control menu, perhaps they automatically call in a jetway? If you do find out what's causing the jetway to connect like that, I would be interested to know what causes it. For the mashaller, I think you can edit their position under properties after selecting a gate. Maybe your marshaller is too far forward and inside a terminal building or something of that sort.

Country
italy
Not sure on that one, but my only guess would be if you set the copilot to manage radios under the AI control menu, perhaps they automatically call in a jetway? If you do find out what's causing the jetway to connect like that, I would be interested to know what causes it. For the mashaller, I think you can edit their position under properties after selecting a gate. Maybe your marshaller is too far forward and inside a terminal building or something of that sort.
thank you very much, under which heading do I find the position of the marshaller? under edit of the GATE? i tried to hit EDIT but nothing happens, the marshaller comes out by itself in the GATE right?

tylerpilot

Resource contributor
Country
unitedstates
thank you very much, under which heading do I find the position of the marshaller? under edit of the GATE? i tried to hit EDIT but nothing happens, the marshaller comes out by itself in the GATE right?
Yeah you're right—I tried it and that does not appear to be functional at the moment. I think the marshaller is always supposed to come with the gate, so my guess would be it's positioned inside a terminal building which is why you can't see it. Maybe moving the gate backwards a bit could help.