• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS List the things wrong with Sim Update v5

Country
france
Haven't tested yet, for now I moved all my offline AI folders out of Community as I need a stable sim to work on my projects.

Country
senegal
If you launch up the stratosphere with dev cam on an exported airport in your comm folder - when you come back down you will see the jetways are all there.

Seems like a LOD issue but when you force all 3 or 4 LODs your LOD0 model, then ik is broken (not that forcing LOD0 did anything anyways but I am sure its all related)
Interesting. I know they broke something because my jetways were working fine since October of last year.

Country
canada
Interesting. I know they broke something because my jetways were working fine since October of last year.

Yup same as well - we need an official statement and fix for the jetways ASAP...Never have I been this frustrated about a bug, this stops you from releasing an airport - you can use static ones, but why tarnish your brand, things are in a holding pattern currently for a big title of mine.

We need to all open questions on devsupport and/or zendesk - I'm not encouraging spam but they MUST at least report back ASAP of their troubleshooting, un acceptable. I know a lot of people furious over this.

Country
unitedkingdom
After saving, building my package (no errors) closing that annoying pop-up about exporting. My models disappear. They are in the list but 'Invisible' if I try to 'Add' them.

Country
unitedstates
Hi, does anyone else have issues with updating models once exported through Blender? Before, my workflow used to be that I'd export the object (no problems with that), but I'd then go in and add my 3D lamps and then just re-export and the object would update in real time within the sim. Now, it doesn't do that. Re-exporting has no effect. Does anyone else have this issue and if so, is there a workaround?? This is truly frustrating.

rhumbaflappy

Administrator
Staff member
Resource contributor
Country
us-wisconsin
Hi, does anyone else have issues with updating models once exported through Blender? Before, my workflow used to be that I'd export the object (no problems with that), but I'd then go in and add my 3D lamps and then just re-export and the object would update in real time within the sim. Now, it doesn't do that. Re-exporting has no effect. Does anyone else have this issue and if so, is there a workaround?? This is truly frustrating.
Yep. It has changed.

Country
unitedstates
Yep. It has changed.
If you or anyone is still having issues not having your gltf's live update, the fix is to set the modellib to "ModelLib" as it's set to ArtProj by default.

All credit to WombiiActual on the SDK forums!

1629418326742.png

Country
germany
I don´t know if it has been mentioned before but the Environment Occlude material now seems to cause the ground to turn completely black in the sim as soon as the object containing the EO material (like a cube that matches the size of the building you want to exclude the environmental effects from) intersects with the ground.I hoped raising the object slightly above ground level would resolve this, and indeed the black ground is gone when I do that, but unfortunately the EO material doesn´t have any effect anymore if the object is above the ground. So at the moment I can choose to have either no rain and snow inside my buildings with black ground or normal ground but rain coming through the roof. Any suggestions?

=rk=

Resource contributor
Country
us-washington
Fly outside until they sort things out? I can't even get my CGL to load anymore, it just crashes the sim and no replies at the dev site.

Country
germany
I don´t know if it has been mentioned before but the Environment Occlude material now seems to cause the ground to turn completely black in the sim as soon as the object containing the EO material (like a cube that matches the size of the building you want to exclude the environmental effects from) intersects with the ground.I hoped raising the object slightly above ground level would resolve this, and indeed the black ground is gone when I do that, but unfortunately the EO material doesn´t have any effect anymore if the object is above the ground. So at the moment I can choose to have either no rain and snow inside my buildings with black ground or normal ground but rain coming through the roof. Any suggestions?
Maybe you could separate the floor from the rest of the building and import both as separate objects. And inside the sim you could assemble the floor with the rest of the building.
The walls and roof of the building then use the environment occluder and the floor as a separate object doesnt get affected by it. For the floor you could then select "no snow" to avoid having snow inside the building. Not sure if it then also affects rain. Just an idea :)

To me the environment occluder was always buggy , when using it for buildings. When its foggy or rainy I always see the environment occluder shape, when sitting inside a plane and looking through its windshield. Then I see a black shape , where I placed that occluder. So I always exported my buildings without one for now.

I also noticed that if you have several sceneries which has a model that uses a texture called, for example, terminal.png.dds, MSFS will sometimes load the texture from another add-on, and not the add-on it's loading the BGL file from. Not sure I made myself clear

WU6 installed, the above error STILL persists. This is pretty embarrassing that textures cannot have a repeat filename in a world where terminal, tower, hangar, light, etc are used frequently.

=rk=

Resource contributor
Country
us-washington
You are suggesting that the developers did not have the foresight to simulate the software being deployed, or, "how dare someone simultaneously create a model with a material named "material" AND expect that cursed thing to remain a unique creation in the world?"

At least someone saw this coming, "Prefix all with model name" has been an option in MCX for as long as I can remember. Just batch run your libraries, clean, rebuild and it is almost as if Asobo did this intentionally, as a conversation starter, a chance for us all to become better acquainted.

You are suggesting that the developers did not have the foresight to simulate the software being deployed, or, "how dare someone simultaneously create a model with a material named "material" AND expect that cursed thing to remain a unique creation in the world?"

At least someone saw this coming, "Prefix all with model name" has been an option in MCX for as long as I can remember. Just batch run your libraries, clean, rebuild and it is almost as if Asobo did this intentionally, as a conversation starter, a chance for us all to become better acquainted.

Please see post 58. When this was brought up originally I mentioned it's not related to my development, but several freeware add-ons downloaded from flightsim.to, for example. Many developers release an airport and let it be, they don't care to update after each and every Asobo update because it does get tiring.

I always prefix my textures with the airport icao, so this problem is not with my stuff.

My rant is Asobo broke the work for many freeware developers. Sure many add-ons are constantly updated, but not all of them.

Having a texture of same name was not an issue in FS5, FSFW95, FS98, FS2000, FS2002, FS2004, FSX, P3Dv1, P3Dv2, P3Dv3, P3Dv4, P3Dv5, MSFS up until SU5. So my beef is with Asobo breaking what has always worked.

=rk=

Resource contributor
Country
us-washington
Thanks so much for the heads up and I apologize for not being obvious enough! It had been intended to be "humorous."

Thanks so much for the heads up and I apologize for not being obvious enough! It had been intended to be "humorous."

Oh absolutely no need to apologize, I just needed to have a dig at Asobo for making new bugs and calling them "features" :)

=rk=

Resource contributor
Country
us-washington
Well thanks to them as well for the fun chat then! j/k, sort of!