• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS ADE 2020 Alpha 21 HotFix 2

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
This is a mandatory update which fixes compiler errors for parking spot names. It is a cumulative patch including HF1

Information on applying patches is here: http://scruffyduck.org.uk/ade_2020_help/Process1.html

The patch can be downloaded here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/vdunhcb8bhw2j8g/ade_2020_alpha_21_HF2.zip/file

The version numbers after patching should be

1636453489458.png

Country
sweden
Jon - you're not gonna believe this! ;-)
With the latest ADE (and hotfix as per above) I not only succeeded with the LPPT mod for taxisigns. I also opened the old LFPG project (from 20.19) and compiled this anew. This project that did not show earlier in MSFS LFPG Premium de Luxe version (submitted by me in this forum and was never answered by anyone) is there in all its glory with added/removed/edited taxi signs and taxiways. The next thing I will do is try the same for EHAM. LFMN, EGLL and EDDF. The stock airports that has no layer of "handcraft" are not effected by the new .bgl format.

BTW: It now takes two Enter pressures in the compiler window for the window to close and ADE to ask "Copy to community folder?". And just clicking the window X (close) returns an Error code in ADE and CTD.

Last edited:
Country
sweden
I notice that with ADE and MSFS the information signs (i) aren't black and white anymore but yellow and black.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
BTW: It now takes two Enter pressures in the compiler window for the window to close and ADE to ask "Copy to community folder?". And just clicking the window X (close) returns an Error code in ADE and CTD.
I haven't changed any build code in ADE. Most of this is related to the bug created for fs package tool after SU6. You might want to turn off the message to Copy to Community Folder if you can since that may cause problems. Uncheck the box highlighted below, save the settings and restart ADE.

1636559003064.png

Also ADE can return an error code before the build console window appears. Can you make a screen shot of that if you get it?

Country
unitedstates
Jon, i get the following error message. When building, as you can see in screen1. All goes well with the build(no errors). I can close the debug window as noemal. Once the window is closed, I get the error message which is screen2, with a copy to community folder window appearing. I have that option checked in my settings. Finally one i chose the okl on the error message the box closes and i then shut the program down as normal, with a CTD.

Attachments

• screen1.jpg
    screen1.jpg
    244.6 KB · Views: 120
  • screen2.jpg
    screen2.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 99

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
As per my post above please uncheck Show Copy to Community Folder. The error messages coming from build are spurious and no-one can tell me what they mean so far

Country
unitedstates
Jon, I ran another test with the copy to community folder unchecked (screen1). The build compiled without error (screen2) and when i checked the build as should be in the folder structure. All is as should be. Yet the error after the console closed remains (Screen3). There was no CTD. I closed the program normally! I surmise that i can just ignore it for now without issue.
Gelomare

Attachments

• Screen1.jpg
    Screen1.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 104
  • screen2.jpg
    screen2.jpg
    209.3 KB · Views: 102
  • screen3.jpg
    screen3.jpg
    228.8 KB · Views: 100

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Ignore the error code message provided everything else worked as expected

Country
sweden
After successfully compiled LFPG and EGLL again and found all the taxisigns and taxiway mods from before SU5/WU5, I have to report that there was no such success with EHAM or LFMN. On the other hand my EDDB and EDDM projects have not been obliterated by MSFS - they still work, just like EDDH.

Country
australia
Jon, I've been off power grid for 10 days and just came on 5 minutes ago from storm damage. Will get to testing again 2 way soon...

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Jon, I've been off power grid for 10 days and just came on 5 minutes ago from storm damage. Will get to testing again 2 way soon...

Pleased to hear that you guys are OK after the storm.

Country
sweden
So, a few days after the successful recompiling of the LFPG and EGLL airports, when all modded taxisigns and taxiways from before SU5 were visible again, all this is gone, without any updates of anything - not Win11, not MSFS 1.20.6.0, not ADE v20.21 with hotfix 2. It seems like an issue worth a dime of thought.

rhumbaflappy

Administrator
Staff member
Resource contributor
Country
us-wisconsin
Apparently the fspackagetool console bug is now fixed with the latest MSFS update (1.21.13.0). Currently in download hell, so I cannot confirm. Also new attributes to polygons will allow exclusions of roads, street lights, and power lines.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
I will check when I can download it. fingers crossed

Country
canada
Hi, I've been using ADE for a while now (since Alpha 17) but for some reason, I keep noticing two things. Not all "scenery object" Entries are carried through from the source XML to the package source XML of ADE, and the projected mesh does not copy over either. Is this supposed to happen or did I find something?

Country
unitedstates
Jon, I did an import from XML on a rebuild of a project. Not all of the things in the imported XML will be imported over. After the import, the navs from the file did not import over. I am doing a check to see what else does not import over. When i say they did not import. I mean that the item are missing on the screen in the ADE project and in the lists menu. One has to add each item again in order for the item to get back on the ADE project layout screen. Please advise. Many thanks.
Gelomare

Last edited:

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Hi, I've been using ADE for a while now (since Alpha 17) but for some reason, I keep noticing two things. Not all "scenery object" Entries are carried through from the source XML to the package source XML of ADE, and the projected mesh does not copy over either. Is this supposed to happen or did I find something?

There are a number of things related to scenery objects that may not work correctly in Alpha 21 Part of this is the chance in decompiler which we are still finalizing and that the Library Object Manager in alpha 21 was broken due to other code changes. Perhaps you can post the XML and also confirm how you are creating the project with the XML or whether you are getting it in some other way

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Jon, I did an import from XML on a rebuild of a project. Not all of the things in the imported XML will be imported over. After the import, the navs from the file did not import over. I am doing a check to see what else does not import over. When i say they did not import. I mean that the item are missing on the screen in the ADE project and in the lists menu. One has to add each item again in order for the item to get back on the ADE project layout screen. Please advise. Many thanks.
Gelomare

See my last post above. Again I am not clear how the XML is being 'imported' Are you changing the xml in package sources or something else. I am aware that some folks are editing xml source outside ADE and Dev mode and adding it back in. I don't expect navaids to import over since the code to import them from XML in ADE is largely missing I can't say that working with navaids in ADE is properly implemented or tested so far. If Asobo would stop changing things every five minutes then maybe I can start catching up again ;)

Country
unitedstates
Jon, the xml in question was edited outside of ADE using entries from the Xml for the same project built under Alpha 20. When the edited project is built again in Alpha 21. The build is successful. Everything that was added to the edited xml is in the Bgl. My question was in reference to the added items not showing on the layout screen. I had no problem at all with the build. It worked as should in Sim. Sorry for not being clearer.

Country
canada
There are a number of things related to scenery objects that may not work correctly in Alpha 21 Part of this is the chance in decompiler which we are still finalizing and that the Library Object Manager in alpha 21 was broken due to other code changes. Perhaps you can post the XML and also confirm how you are creating the project with the XML or whether you are getting it in some other way
I am creating the project by XML. First I decompile it using the BGL to XML found on the forum, then I create a project using XML on ADE21. After creating the project, I notice that some entries are missing, which I consequently have to manually add in. I posted two versions below. One that is simply converted/saved by ADE, and one that I edited to add the missing data. The repeat offenders do seem to be Library Objects as well as Projected Mesh. However, do note that this has been happening since ADE Alpha 17.

Some additional info:
On the added data XML, I took from the original BGL-XML file the following entries:
- All "Scenery Object" entries
- All "Projected Mesh" entries
- All "ils" entries

Attachments

• CYVR XMLs.zip
    439.5 KB · Views: 96