• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS MV-22B Osprey Release 3.0

Country
unitedstates
Well, everyone, it's time for the big announcement...

OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCING OSPREY MV-22 AND AMPHIBIOUS READY GROUP FOR MSFS BY MARYADI AND MILTECH SIMULATIONS

Miltech Simulations and talented aircraft developer Maryadi have joined forces to develop the a rendition of the Osprey MV-22.

The Osprey MV-22 is a tiltrotor, VSTOL (Vertical/short takeoff and landing), multi-mission aircraft, developed to fill multi-service combat operational requirements. Primarily used by the US Marines, but similar variants are on active service with the US Air Force, US Navy and Japanese Self-Defense Forces.

The aircraft features:
  • Comprehensive simulation of the aircraft instrument and systems.
  • Realistic manual operation of engine nacelles based on airspeed.
  • Full Simulation of BFWS (Blade Fold and Wing Stow) Procedures.
  • Simulation of Auto-Hover capabilities, Auto-Flaps and custom-coded Autopilot.
  • Custom VTOL/STOL Flight Dynamics, including realistic behavior of the aircraft handling during movement of the engine nacelles.
  • Fully simulated Vortex Ring State: Dangerous aerodynamic stall condition that results in an uncontrollable descent of the aircraft. Realistic simulation of VRS Recovery maneuvers.
  • Simulation of the gearing system connecting both proprotors, allowing for 1 engine operations at reduced performance.
  • Engine overstress limitations as per the real aircraft – engines cannot sustain full throttle for long periods of time.
  • 8 Liveries, including Marines, Japan Ground Self Defense Force, US Navy (Fictional) and US Air Force (Fictional)
Additional to the Osprey, we are announcing its companion product: "Amphibious Ready Group", featuring Vessels, missions, and landing challenges focused around the MV-22B.

The product includes ultra-detailed renditions of USS America, USS San Antonio, USNS Mercy, USS Lewis B. Puller, and USS Virginia, placed around 16 locations worldwide, with spawnable hard decks to take off and land on. Together, these elements allow pilots to perform amphibious operations, such as offensive coastal landings, humanitarian, MedVac, and Carrier Onboard Delivery missions. Four Bush trips and two landing challenges are also included

To further enhance the Osprey experience, we are also happy to announce that we are developing another product centered around Osprey pilots: Osprey Airport Pack, set to be released in early 2023, and including MCAF Quantico, AFB Hulburt Field, and MCAS New River.

All the announced products will be exclusively sold by ORBX and the Microsoft Marketplace.

The Osprey and Amphibious Ready Group are set to be released on November 4th.
www.miltechsimulations.com

Attachments

• cockpit1-min.PNG
    cockpit1-min.PNG
    3.2 MB · Views: 164
  • submarine-min.PNG
    submarine-min.PNG
    3.3 MB · Views: 168
  • osprey4-min.PNG
    osprey4-min.PNG
    3.6 MB · Views: 154
  • Osprey3-min.PNG
    Osprey3-min.PNG
    3.3 MB · Views: 162
  • Microsoft Flight Simulator 10_25_2022 9_45_26 PM-min.png
    Microsoft Flight Simulator 10_25_2022 9_45_26 PM-min.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 165
  • Microsoft Flight Simulator 10_25_2022 9_44_08 PM-min.png
    Microsoft Flight Simulator 10_25_2022 9_44_08 PM-min.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 168
  • LPD2-min.PNG
    LPD2-min.PNG
    3.5 MB · Views: 162
  • LHA1-min.PNG
    LHA1-min.PNG
    3.7 MB · Views: 153
  • cockpit2-min.PNG
    cockpit2-min.PNG
    3.1 MB · Views: 157
Last edited:
Country
us-washington
I never have non centering stick. I hope have a force feedback stick control
by now I using thrustmaster warthog Hotas.
I think with non centering stick, mean no spring loaded, it will give more precise input.
maybe other have better opinion
The issues between the two typically surface with regard to how the autopilot is implemented in relation to the cyclic position when the autopilot is engaged/disengaged. This is exacerbated with tiltrotors in that you also have the nacelle angle to deal with as well. If you engage the autopilot and then move the cyclic how does that impact autopilot trim functions, etc.

Congrats on the partnership and release date @kalong . A lot of hard work to get this aircraft done - great work. Very much looking forward to it. I guess I won't have to wait long to find out :) I currently have a Pro-Flight Fox helicopter trainer so I have a non-centering helicopter cyclic and collective. Once I see how it works with the Osprey I should have the information I need to determine whether self-centering is preferred or not. Thank you.

Country
indonesia
interesting stuff. one of beta tester talk about trim stuff regarding autopilot. seem a challenge there. @kawfeebassie any help or idea to start learn how heli autopilot work, would be nice.

Country
us-washington
interesting stuff. one of beta tester talk about trim stuff regarding autopilot. seem a challenge there. @kawfeebassie any help or idea to start learn how heli autopilot work, would be nice.
I think the way this is handled in many real helicopters (and works to help mitigate the issues between self-centering and non-self-centering joysticks in the simulator) is a Force Trim/Beep trim system. This video demonstrates how it works with the H135 between the real helicopter and a self-centering stick in flight simulation. It is a good solution that works to mitigate issues with self-centering joysticks. Of course, I have no idea how the trim functions work in the real Osprey. The HPG H145 is even more sophisticated in that it automatically adjusts to cyclic position (without having to press a Beep Trim button) when making small cyclic adjustments. I don't fly these helicopters in real life so I am not the right person to ask. Someone with real training in an AFCS system with Force Trim could describe this much better than me.

Last edited:
Country
us-northcarolina
Well, everyone, it's time for the big announcement...

OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCING MV-22B OSPREY AND AMPHIBIOUS READY GROUP FOR MSFS BY MARYADI AND MILTECH SIMULATIONS

Miltech Simulations and talented aircraft developer Maryadi have joined forces to develop the most comprehensive rendition of the MV-22B Osprey ever developed for a consumer Flight Simulation platform.

The MV-22B Osprey is a tiltrotor, VSTOL (Vertical/short takeoff and landing), multi-mission aircraft, developed to fill multi-service combat operational requirements. Primarily used by the US Marines, but similar variants are on active service with the US Air Force, US Navy and Japanese Self-Defense Forces.

The aircraft features:
  • Comprehensive simulation of the aircraft instrument and systems.
  • Realistic manual operation of engine nacelles based on airspeed, as per the real-life counterpart.
  • Full Simulation of BFWS (Blade Fold and Wing Stow) Procedures.
  • Accurate simulation of Auto-Hover capabilities, Auto-Flaps and custom-coded Autopilot.
  • Custom VTOL/STOL Flight Dynamics, including realistic behavior of the aircraft handling during movement of the engine nacelles.
  • Fully simulated Vortex Ring State: Dangerous aerodynamic stall condition that results in an uncontrollable descent of the aircraft. Realistic simulation of VRS Recovery maneuvers.
  • Accurate simulation of the gearing system connecting both proprotors, allowing for 1 engine operations at reduced performance.
  • Engine overstress limitations as per the real aircraft – engines cannot sustain full throttle for long periods of time.
  • 8 Liveries, including Marines, Japan Ground Self Defense Force, US Navy (Fictional) and US Air Force (Fictional)
Additional to the Osprey, we are announcing its companion product: "Amphibious Ready Group", featuring Vessels, missions, and landing challenges focused around the MV-22B.

The product includes ultra-detailed renditions of USS America (LHA-6), USS San Antonio (LPD-17), USNS Mercy (T-AH-19), USS Lewis B. Puller (ESB-3), and USS Virginia (SSN-774), placed around 16 locations worldwide, with spawnable hard decks to take off and land on. Together, these elements allow pilots to perform amphibious operations, such as offensive coastal landings, humanitarian, MedVac, and Carrier Onboard Delivery missions. Four Bush trips and two landing challenges are also included

To further enhance the Osprey experience, we are also happy to announce that we are developing another product centered around Osprey pilots: Osprey Airport Pack, set to be released in early 2023, and including MCAF Quantico, AFB Hulburt Field, and MCAS New River.

All the announced products will be exclusively sold by ORBX and the Microsoft Marketplace.

The Osprey and Amphibious Ready Group are set to be released on November 4th.
www.miltechsimulations.com
What time on November 4 will the MV-22 be released?

Country
poland
A little different question. I fly ONLY in VR, so my question is - the model was tested in VR mode too? 😊

Country
unitedstates
What time on November 4 will the MV-22 be released?
Around noon EST (4pm UTC) at ORBX Available Now! Things got pushed a little early since ORBX is located in Australia - and it's late Friday there.

A little different question. I fly ONLY in VR, so my question is - the model was tested in VR mode too? 😊
Fully tested in VR, and must say it works beautifully. It's much more enjoyable to fly her in VR

Last edited:
Country
unitedstates
OSPREY MV-22 AND AMPHIBIOUS READY GROUP FOR MSFS NOW AVAILABLE AT ORBX

We are happy to finally announce the release of the awaited OSPREY MV-22 and AMPHIBIOUS READY GROUP products.

The Osprey is the most advanced tiltrotor, VSTOL (Vertical/short takeoff and landing), multi-mission aircraft, developed to fill multi-service combat operational requirements. This product brings this incredible aircraft to MSFS with great accuracy, system depth, and a multitude of features. The Osprey is fully equipped with custom physics and sounds, modeling of Vortex Ring State and engine limitations, rotating nacelles, and much more.

Our Amphibious Ready Group product is the perfect accompanying product for the Osprey, featuring USS America, USS San Antonio, USNS Mercy, USS Virginia and USS Lewis B. Puller, in 16 locations around the globe. This allows for simulation of Carrier Onboard Delivery, MedVac, Troop Transport, and multi-mission operations.

Both products are NOW AVAILABLE for PC at ORBX, and can be bought separately or combined as a bundle (for a discount).
Release on the MS Marketplace for PC and Xbox is upcoming in a few weeks from now.

https://orbxdirect.com/product/miltech-mv22b-osprey

Last edited:
Country
poland
Crg for the release!

Btw. Im very curious how the pilot handles the power here. As I look at the real interior, there is no classic throttle here or classic collective grip like in helicopters. There must be a mix of both functions in one, such a combo. I wonder how it works. For vertical take-offs the general collective lever is very useful, but for level flight the best option is the throttle of course. I wonder how it is done in the model.

Country
poland
Btw2. we need NVG here too! :)
Pls vote.

Country
poland
Btw3. (sorry, again me) Do you have to plan release it in Marketplace too? The model was tested with SU11 beta or not yet?

Country
unitedstates
Btw3. (sorry, again me) Do you have to plan release it in Marketplace too? The model was tested with SU11 beta or not yet?
Last time I installed a Beta version, it completely destroyed my MSFS installation.. A little hesitant to install it, but should work just fine on SU11. I'll try to arrange testing somehow (without blowing away my sim)

Country
us-washington
Very exciting! Bought this bird as soon as it hit OrbX last night, and getting settled in. Been quite a while since I was flying the Osprey and AW-609 in X-Plane.

I am finding one thing peculiar though. The manual says you can't exceed TRQ normal operating limits for more than 45 seconds for VTOL. With 50% fuel and only 4% payload, the slowest transition configuration I can achieve that maintains level flight without TRQ being pushed into the red zone is nacelles about 60 degrees, a speed of around 100-120 knots, and TRQ around 92-94. If I increase the nacelles above 60 degrees, I can no longer maintain level flight without increasing TRQ into the red zone.

I am unable to manoevre with nacelles >60% and a speed of less than 100 knots without exceeding TRQ limits, which only allows me 45 seconds.

I have seen real videos of the Osprey doing slow rotations around a landing zone with the nacelles probably around 75 degrees and speed probably 40 knots, and they are able to were able to maintain level flight in that configuration as they circled well in excess of 45 seconds.

An I doing something wrong? You can't do extended slow flight manoevres in the Osprey?

Last edited:
Country
unitedstates
Very exciting! Bought this bird as soon as it hit OrbX last night, and getting settled in. Been quite a while since I was flying the Osprey and AW-609 in X-Plane.

I am finding one thing peculiar though. The manual says you can't exceed TRQ normal operating limits for more than 45 seconds for VTOL. With 50% fuel and only 4% payload, the slowest transition configuration I can achieve that maintains level flight without TRQ being pushed into the red zone is nacelles about 60 degrees, a speed of around 100-120 knots, and TRQ around 92-94. If I retract the nacelles below 60 degrees, I can no longer maintain level flight without increasing TRQ into the red zone.

I am unable to manoevre with nacelles >60% and a speed of less than 100 knots without exceeding TRQ limits, which only allows me 45 seconds.

I have seen real videos of the Osprey doing slow rotations around a landing zone with the nacelles probably around 75 degrees and speed probably 40 knots, and they are able to were able to maintain level flight in that configuration as they circled well in excess of 45 seconds.

What I doing something wrong?
We’ll take a look at this. I’ve seen that the “60 degree region”, especially when converting from APLN to VTOL is particularly difficult when balancing TRQ, airspeed and staying within the limits of the nacelles. I’ll wait for Maryadi to comment on this, as he worked on the flight model - but it may require some tweaking there.

We are getting feedback from V-22 pilots to tweak the flight model and get it as accurate as possible.

Country
us-washington
We’ll take a look at this. I’ve seen that the “60 degree region”, especially when converting from APLN to VTOL is particularly difficult when balancing TRQ, airspeed and staying within the limits of the nacelles. I’ll wait for Maryadi to comment on this, as he worked on the flight model - but it may require some tweaking there.

We are getting feedback from V-22 pilots to tweak the flight model and get it as accurate as possible.
Awesome, thanks for the reply. I totally under and expect that this initial release is still a WIP. I will report what I find. Glad to hear you have some real Osprey pilots helping you out. I really look forward to seeing this aircraft evolve. Thank you :)

Country
indonesia
will look into it. I often do slow fly with around 75 degree nacelles not exceed red line.
keep interm power (yellow % in PFD page) below 101% you will fine. never exceed 102% more than 45 sec

power turbine speed (Np) are engine indication for reference.

I like to make a research to achieve something. it would possible updating the aircraft with fix issue or add new feature. release aircraft is not mean finish / END of development for me.
I still face with MSFS Update, which could be benefit or negatif impact to the Osprey.
if you have something to report just came to MiltechSimulation. miltech will arrange the report for me. it make me more easier to manage.

add note:
see my picture slow flight at 85 degree naceles, 50% fuel, 4% weight (load default freeflight), it been 20 minutes flying

Attachments

• slow flight.jpg
    slow flight.jpg
    290.1 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
Country
unitedstates
I just want to add that I'm truly thankful for the work and dedication you put into this aircraft. I know there are some complaints, for some reason I don't have these issues.

Ultimately, you've created a truly wonderful experience and I give you all my thanks! I've been following you since this thread came out and I think you should be proud of what you've accomplished!!!

Country
us-washington
will look into it. I often do slow fly with around 75 degree nacelles not exceed red line.
keep interm power (yellow % in PFD page) below 101% you will fine. never exceed 102% more than 45 sec

power turbine speed (Np) are engine indication for reference.

I like to make a research to achieve something. it would possible updating the aircraft with fix issue or add new feature. release aircraft is not mean finish / END of development for me.
I still face with MSFS Update, which could be benefit or negatif impact to the Osprey.
if you have something to report just came to MiltechSimulation. miltech will arrange the report for me. it make me more easier to manage.

add note:
see my picture slow flight at 85 degree naceles, 50% fuel, 4% weight (load default freeflight), it been 20 minutes flying

You will only see the TRQ issue at slow flight if you are looking at the STAT > ENG page since the TRQ indicator on the standby instruments are not in color. This may just be an instrumentation display issue and not an issue with the engine management, but as noted above, I can't seem to maintain level flight with the nacelles greater than 60 degrees and slower than about 110 knots without that TRQ indicator being pushed into the red.

Attachments

• Osprey TRQ Issue.jpg
    Osprey TRQ Issue.jpg
    352.8 KB · Views: 60