• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v3 Runway marking not showing up

Country
unitedstates
Hey guys even though I have just installed all the latest versions (1.76.6582) I am continuing to have problems getting runway marking to show up.
Here is what it looks like with all the markings ticked.
Strangely in the sim all the markings show up.
I don't recall having this happen in ADE previously.
What I checked showed in the editor.
Thoughts?

Attachments

• FCOI.jpg
    FCOI.jpg
    288.3 KB · Views: 281

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
In earlier sims certain combinations of markings can suppress other markings. This may no longer be true in P3D and Jon hasn't yet modified ADE to match?

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
I have not made any changes with respect to runway markings.

Country
unitedstates
Sorry Guys for getting back to you so late.
Ran into some problems and a vacation but in regards to my question I found that although some of my runway marking do not show up in ADE they do in the sim.

Tom V

Country
indonesia
The runway designators N/S/E/W don't show in ADE but show in the sim.
After playing for a while, different surfaces, lengths, widths don't seem to matter, only threshold stripes, touchdown, edge lines and centre lines show in ADE, but as you say, all the rest are fine in the SIM.

Last edited:
Country
unitedstates
Roger that Chris. That is all that matters. ADE is a great program the only thing that could make it greater would be to actually visualize your editing in the sim but I suspect that is a pipe dream stranger things have happened.:scratchch