• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Blender2FSX/P3D (v0.9.5 onwards)

Country
ecuador
Hi Slide,

From what I could see, you're missing the file modeldef.xml. In this file are all the necessary indications for an animation to work (see the FSX or P3D SDK).
To get started with Blender and Blender2FSX/P3D, I strongly recommend following Krispy's video tutorials on his YouTube channel.

And the next advice is to have a lot of patience and to move forward step by step!

Good Luck!

Country
germany
Hi Chrismot
thanks for your help
created a new testcar
this time i did a complete animation
exported it via direkt.x and i could export the animation to MCX ( animation runs even in MCX but mesh is not visable and wheel are in wrong rotations

when i was exporting it via collade.dae the testcar is perfect in MCX but no animation
check sreenshots

Screenshot (3).png

as you can see animation is in but wheels are spining in completly wrong direction !

Screenshot (2).png

mesh is perfect but no animation !

Screenshot (1).png

So what did i wrong this time ?

greetings
slide

Last edited:
Country
ecuador
With Blender2FSX, in Blender, it is necessary to assign an animation of modeldef.xml to an object in Blender that must be animated...

At the time of export, it is necessary to tick "Apply modifiers", "Export Animations/LOD" and "ExportMDL". You will then have a .mdl file that includes all animations.... Then, why not test the animations in FSX or P3D rather than in MCX...?

Country
germany
can click on
apply modifiers
ExportMDL

but no Animation/LOD
and than the fail report comes across
greetings slide

Attachments

• Screenshot (4).png
    Screenshot (4).png
    286.3 KB · Views: 356
  • Screenshot (5).png
    Screenshot (5).png
    142.9 KB · Views: 329
  • Screenshot (6).png
    Screenshot (6).png
    271.5 KB · Views: 339
Country
germany
did download latest version thx.
exporting it out works now :)
getting 3 files out
.mdl
.x
.xanim :)

so the .mdl file works in fsx but not the animation :-(

i will study the manual tonight and maybe i can fixe the animation problem

thx for know
i will keep you and Chrimot informed

Last edited:
Country
germany
Meanwhile i studied the Blender2fsx toolset_manual
and followed a few totourials esspacialy

How To Use Blender For Making Flight Simulator X Models (FSX) Blender2FSX Part 25

so in my case i just need the forward and backward wheel animation !
out of the FSX animation tool in blender :)

witch one is the one i need for my testcar
c_wheel
fly_wheel
lever_tailwheel

than i am going to start modeling and animating again ? :)

greetings
Georges

Last edited:
Country
ecuador
You have to learn how to create an animation in the modeldef.xml file, in xml language, and assign this animation to your wheels, in Blender!
Look a little bit in the FSX or P3D SDK, and on this forum in the xml gauges... I also think Krispy should have a video on how to create an animation in the modeldef.xml file...

Country
netherlands
Hi Manochvarma, first of all I'd like to thank you for your work in keeping this plugin alive! With the new release of P3D v4.4, and the addition of PBR, I was wondering if you have any plans on figuring out a way to use the plugin with these new technologies? Is it even possible within Blender Render?

Country
malaysia
Hi Manochvarma, first of all I'd like to thank you for your work in keeping this plugin alive! With the new release of P3D v4.4, and the addition of PBR, I was wondering if you have any plans on figuring out a way to use the plugin with these new technologies? Is it even possible within Blender Render?
Hi @Thralni,

First of all, thanks for the kind words. PBR is actually related to texture creation and I think there will be no any additional material settings need to be added. Anyhow, I could not find any info about the PBR creation in the latest SDK module. So, if anyone has info about the PBR creation, please send it or link it here. I would be very happy if I able to add it to our toolset.

Edit:
I found the PBR info on the SDK here. But unfortunately the .X file format has not been updated for the use of PBR material yet (.X file format). Maybe after it has been updated, I could look on it to add the PBR feature for this toolset.

Thank you.

Last edited:

spotlope

FSDevConf team
Country
portugal
@MANOCHVARMA RAMAN - I've been playing with the Blender 2.80 beta, and it looks very promising. With the replacement of Blender Internal rendering with Eevee and workbench, I assume that the exporter will need to be rewritten. I know you have other things to do, but have you looked at what might be required for that yet? Just curious. Thanks for what you've done so far!

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Country
us-texas
@MANOCHVARMA RAMAN - I've been playing with the Blender 2.80 beta, and it looks very promising. With the replacement of Blender Internal rendering with Eevee and workbench, I assume that the exporter will need to be rewritten. I know you have other things to do, but have you looked at what might be required for that yet? Just curious. Thanks for what you've done so far!

Unfortunately, the plug-in information hasn't been released as yet. Therefore, nothing has been looked yet.

Unless you have seen information concerning the plug-in help... if so.. link it here please.

Last edited:

spotlope

FSDevConf team
Country
portugal
Unfortunately, the plug-in information hasn't been released as yet. Therefore, nothing has been looked yet.

Unless you have seen information concerning the plug-in help... if so.. link it here please.

I thought maybe that was the hold-up. As soon as I see any mention of plug-in data being released, I'll be sure to mention it!

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi @Thralni,

First of all, thanks for the kind words. PBR is actually related to texture creation and I think there will be no any additional material settings need to be added. Anyhow, I could not find any info about the PBR creation in the latest SDK module. So, if anyone has info about the PBR creation, please send it or link it here. I would be very happy if I able to add it to our toolset.

Edit:
I found the PBR info on the SDK here. But unfortunately the .X file format has not been updated for the use of PBR material yet (.X file format). Maybe after it has been updated, I could look on it to add the PBR feature for this toolset.

Thank you.

I have added support in MCX now for the new PBR related settings. By looking at an X file made with the new gamepack it's easy to see how the new commands work.

spotlope

FSDevConf team
Country
portugal
I have added support in MCX now for the new PBR related settings. By looking at an X file made with the new gamepack it's easy to see how the new commands work.

This is great news, Arno! Once I get my current project shipped off to beta, it'll be time to dig into PBR using MCX and see what can be done. :)

Country
ecuador
A huge thank you Arnaud! Always at the forefront of progress with this magnificent tool that is MCX....