• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX SAMM Issue with landing gear

Country
france
Hello,

I downloaded SAMM which is the tool I've been looking for some years now, and I just found it :p
I have a problem, I export the MDL file of the AIA B747-200 in FSX, and when I place it with Instant Scenery III, the landing gear is almost up, while when I open the MDL file with MCX, the gear is full down. I don't understand..If you have a clue, it would be very nice..:) Thanks!

Regards

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
As noted in the user manual, SAMM assumes animations are implemented in a standard fashion (and if they are not, the conversion may not succeed). It would seem that the developer of the aircraft of concern did something a little different - which may still work in FSX but with which SAMM can't cope. MCX likely does a more complete analysis of the animations.

There are two solutions: find another aircraft to convert or, using the tools supplied with SAMM, rework the landing gear animation of your current model.

Hope this helps,
Don

Country
france
Thank you for your help, I tried to edit the values each landing gear, it works for the blank model, but when I export the MDL file, I have to se the texture of the repaint in the 'diffuse section' in MCX, and when I export the new MDL file (and bgl file to fsx via LibraryMaker), the gear is not correct position anymore...I know it's possible to make the gear in the right position because in another scenery, there is the same static model with landing gears which work fine. I don't understand the exact procedure for exporting the MDL file, and place it with Instant Scenery?

Thank you for your help

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
it works for the blank model, but when I export the MDL file, I have to se the texture of the repaint in the 'diffuse section' in MCX, and when I export the new MDL file (and bgl file to fsx via LibraryMaker), the gear is not correct position anymore
If you were successful in generating a wheels-down "blank" model, you should be able to do the same with a texture. The creation of the TEXT block uses the same code in either case and has nothing to do with the replacement of animations with static transforms.

I don't understand the exact procedure for exporting the MDL file, and place it with Instant Scenery?
You don't place a .mdl file. SAMM's Make Library routine generates the .bgl that you need to place.

Don

PS: Incidentally, there is a problem in 2.2.07 with the generation of the TEXT block in the .mdl file. It was reported only this morning and has been fixed in Release 2.2.08, posted an hour ago. This MAY be contributing to your issue. Please download 2.2.08 before doing anything else.

Country
france
Hello,

I downloaded the last version of SAMM and the problem is now fixed, thank you very much, it works!

Regards