• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Compile not compiling

Country
ca-britishcolumbia
I am using AIFP with P3D v.4.5 and trying to convert my TTools Flight Plans to work in P3D.

I open AIFP with one of my existing TTools FPs and, as I expect, it shows that all the aircraft in Aircraft List are in Red and not found.

My next step is to substitute aircraft for those no longer available and this appears to be successful, so I hit 'Compile' and it tells me that compiling was satisfactory.

But when I open P3D, there is no sign of the Flight Plan I have edited.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any help you can give me!

Mark

Country
france
Possibly stupid question, but if your flight plan validates and is without issues, to which folder goes your traffic bgl file? Prepar3D\Scenery\world\scenery, or specific folder?
If not into Prepar3D\Scenery\world\scenery, then this is the place where you can copy/paste the traffic bgl, if not, you can also arrange P3D to look to the folder where you are sending your compiled traffic bgl's, adding appropriate lines into the scenery.cfg for instance.
Philippe

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
Yes, when you compile, which folder does AIFP say the file is compiling into?

Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Thanks for your help Philippe & Tom,

My Flight Plan compiles to ...\Scenery\World\Scenery, so that's not the problem.

However, there is a Validation Report that lists quite a lot of 'Errors/Observations'. But I'm not sure how to correct them from inside AIFP.

I have printed out the Validation Report and what I am trying is:-

1. Starting with the first entry of the VR, go to the Flight Plan List and double-click on the FP (in this case, #(8));
2. The Flight Plan Editor opens;
3. Click on the faulty Leg, which departs too soon after the previous leg arrives;
4. Correct the timing faults by referring to 'Duration' and 'ETA';
5. Click on 'Save Edits';
6. Click on 'Update FP in List';
7. Repeat with the next VR entry, and so on...

Is this the right way to do it? Or is there an easier way?

Mark

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Mark, there's a troubleshooting guide at the end of the AIFP user manual. As for the warnings, if they are all of the nature of "flight departs too early", they are not the source of your problem.

Since you are converting FS9 files into FSX format and we know the destination folder is OK, I suggest you next verify that you don't have any FS9 traffic files within the purview of FSX/P3D. A single FS9 traffic file will suppress the display of all FSX traffic. Move all traffic file except the converted one out of the S/W/S folder and check again. If your traffic appears, one of the moved files is FS9-format.

Don

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
There is a tool in AIFP that will search for FS9 format files. Bulk Traffic/Find FS9 Traffic Files

Make sure you include your entire Addon Scenery folder(s) to catch any in add on sceneries.

Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Thanks Don & Tom,

I ran Bulk Traffic/Find FS9 Traffic Files on my complete C: drive and it discovered literally dozens of FS9 files, which it dealt with.

AIFP is an amazingly intricate and comprehensive program! It would take me more time than is available to me to discover all its potential. Just an example is the list of actions beneath any of the top menu items. Astounding!

Now to see if my AI Traffic appears in P3D 4.5...

Thanks again for your help.