• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FS9 MACH1 KRSW Fort Myers International

Country
unitedstates
Arno, and all other developers.

First I'm very sorry to bother you all. I'm writing because I've exhausted all other avenues and I've read many of the posts here which leads me to believe you, and others here, are highly skilled in scenery design and software in general.

I have taken on the task lately of updating some freeware airports for FS9 which there are many of us still using. That said, the last two airports I updated were KPHX and KSLC. A couple of weeks ago I took on Southwest Florida's KRSW. And honestly I have nearly the entire airport done. The original scenery was designed by the Mach1 group. I have contacted them (Jaxan Prier) and have received permission to edit at will. Unfortunately, Mach1 guys have moved onto other endeavors and did not retain the original files.

So my problem:

The issue is that the main concourse uses (3) texture files named T4 , T5, & T6.

T5 and T6 work wonderfully. However T4 is used also to cover a long stretch off of the main food court area.
Look at the pictures below to see example. The first image is taken in my simulator and you can see how T4 is
used in two locations. The second image is of the real area I’m describing.

A quick fix if it is possible….. I have named a “new” texture T10.bmp and I was wondering if you or someone else would be willing to edit the BGL file and instruct the area I have colored in red to use the new texture T10. This would solve the issue and allow me to make the food court area transparent looking with the palm trees etc. and not have to have it duplicate all
the way down the building.

I have exhausted over 2 weeks downloading almost all scenery utility's including many I believe you have authored. I have had zero luck attempting to do what I referenced above.

If you have some time to accomplish this it would be hugely appreciated and the scenery I assure you will remain freeware for all to enjoy.

And again, I know everyone's time is valuable so if you or others neglect or cannot help I truly understand.

Respectfully,

Mitch
Www.757simulator.com

img_2373-jpg.49640

img_2374-jpg.49641

Deano1973

Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
I can't see any pictures on your post, so it's difficult to tell what you're after. My best guess for a solution would be to use ModelConverterX to select the required section of the model ( if it uses a unique material ) and assign the required diffuse texture. However, this may not work due to face-assignments etc. Please do add the pictures so we can see what you're trying to do.

I'm away for a week as of tomorrow, but can pick this up for you if it looks like something I can sort out.

Deano1973

Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Mmmm, okay, so if I understand what you're saying you just want the T4 area on the right of the image to bear a different texture?

This will all depend on the materials used. I would suggest using MCX to open the BGL file that contains the model, then select the materials editor. You'll see the texture list down the left side - at the top, tick the box that says "Highlight selected", then simply click on each of the textures to see their areas highlighted on the model in the display window. If you're really lucky, the right-hand T4 area will be a separate model. If it is, scroll down the MCX display properties list to where it says "Diffuse" - this is the standard texture applied to the model and should be T4. You can then click here and select your new texture and replace the original. Et voila.

If however the right-hand area is not a separate section, then you're up the creek a bit as it won't be possible to replace the assigned texture without replacing all T4 areas at the same time ( I suspect that this is the case ). There may be some other way to do it, but I can't think of one right now. Arno might have an idea if he spots this thread.

Country
unitedstates
Here are the pictures:

View attachment 49652

hey did you not know mr nater is doing krsw?? check in the showorom

Hi Darren thanks for the heads up. I checked the link you referenced and WOW. I hope he releases soon. It far exceeds anything I could produce with the limited scenery design knowledge I have.

I did write Nater and offered anything that I have completed that might assist him.

Thanks again,

Mitch
www.757simulator.com

Country
switzerland
I think, it would be an awesome project if @Nater, @Deltaflight and @gaputz worked together as one Team on KRSW.
Then that would become a masterpiece of a Scenery. Please consider to work together on KRSW... espescially cause Nater has allready the resources of the awesome Photoreal Groundpoly,
Gaputz has the knowledge how to texturing the buildings and Deltaflight could learn a lot from those two guys so, finally it could become a beautiful work if teamed up.

Last edited:
Country
unitedstates
Nater, I'm on board. In fact, my nephew is about to graduate in University of Louisville "Speed" engineering school and is already designing the awkward Aircraft & Fire Rescue Building for me.
h9teb3joyge01.jpg

Country
ca-saskatchewan
@Airbasil , I am up for that! @gaputz , what do you think? I think that is why a lot of projects die, is because it is just too much for one person.

I know all too well how much time it takes to complete a project! Mine tend to drag on. I'd be happy to help once I am finished my Winnipeg project, which is a priority for me right now. Having said that, as you know Nate, I am always happy to answer questions.