• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

arno
Reaction score

Profile posts Postings Resources About

• hi arno
    hope your'e well.. have an issue with sodeplacer... suddently an error comes up "Exeption in thread main:" followed by a very long list of messages !! do you know what the cause cut be ?
    arno
    arno
    Hi, why not post your question and the error message in the forum? Then somebody might be able to help you. SODE has a support forum here, so the author of the tool can help you there.
    3. When we open the import or export dialog boxes in the menu, only one path of the last use of a file will be remembered. Is it possible to make what a paths of the last opening files remembered in each window separately? I have several versions of the aircraft and there is no possibility to store files in one folder.
    arno
    arno
    For the import button, you have the little arrow on the side that allows you to select from a list of previous opened files. For exporting there is no such feature and MCX will suggest a name based on the model that is currently loaded. I don't really see how I could change that.
    S
    Sergej
    Thank you!
    2. Is it possible to make the function of searching for animation links on/off in the settings? (Could not find linked animation for...). It also takes a lot of time each time.
    arno
    arno
    Those warnings are caused by the X file having links to animations that do not exist in the XANIM file. But I don't think these warnings should cost a lot of time.
    1. Is it possible to make the function of reading the file modeldef.hml when importing a *.x file turned on / off in the settings? It takes a very long time to import a *.x file each time and just as long export to *.mdl file. The model contains more than 500 thousand polygons.
    arno
    arno
    Reading the modeldef.xml file should not take that long. If loading the model takes long, I think it is more likely the X file then the XML file causing this.
    Hello! My name is Sergey, I am from St. Petersburg. I am very grateful for your program (MCX). I am developing an aircraft for FSX and P3D v4.5.
    I have a few questions for you. At the moment I am working with the modeldef.xml file and I have to compile very often in a *.ml file:
    arno
    arno
    Hi Tom,

Thanks, as a non native speaker I do sometimes mix things up. I try to make as few mistakes as possible. I'll probably remember this from now on :)
    Hi Arno,
    I create FSX-A sceneries all freeware so far. where can I find your actigate module link thats current?
    I get the non actigate models to appear on my scenery, but they all just are non responsive with only
    a wait sign. Any help would be appreciated.
    Regards,
    AR619.
    arno
    arno
    Hi, you can use the basic model in FSX and as long as placed with the FS2004 tools it will work. The advanced ActiGate features (aircraft type, etc) don't work in FSX.
    R
    Ratan Lewis
    Hi Arno. I used your vdgstweaker to create safegate mdl with the required settings or do I have to create my own model and use the vdgs tweaker for placement with whisplacer.
    Can I use ADE9X to place safegate/safedock models? Also for using the basic model do I have to replace those various asm files with your simple/tweaked asm files?
    arno
    arno
    If you create the mdl files with vgdstweaker and put them in a FS2004 library, you can place them with any placement tool. Just remember that the model is made for one specific heading.
    Hi Arno,

Would it be easy to implement a "bookmark" or "favorite" option in the forum software? So we could save a useful thread to read later.

I use that a lot on others websites, so I was thinking.

Cheers,
    Felipe
    arno
    arno
    I don't know. It's software we bought, I don't develop it myself. You can always bookmark in your browser of course.
    elfarn
    elfarn
    hello arno

All these below entries working fine and entered to the Radio Stack without any problem but what i need help to enter also the Airport name to the GPS Panel....any Ideas pls. help.

110.30 (>L:LOWWNAV1S_Freq, Mhz)
    303 (>L:LOWWADF_Freq, khz)
    <Click> 9 (&gt;L:Austria, bool)

(L:LOWWNAV1A_Freq,Frequency BCD16) (&gt;K:NAV1_RADIO_SET)
    (L:LOWWADF_Freq, Frequency ADF BCD32) (&gt;K:ADF_COMPLETE_SET)
    Hello Arno.

Me again. I have just uploaded a new resource: Three windsocks.

I would ask you to unlock this new resource.

With the best thanks
    Christian
    arno
    arno
    Seems one of the other moderators already approved it. Thanks for sharing again.
    Hi Arno,

While editing a wiki, I noticed that embedded code is shown in Times New Roman font, I believe. Is it possible to change embedded code to a fixed width font like Courier New or Consolas?

Thank you for the consideration,

Bob McElrath
    Hi Arno I'm Tom From Illinois, USA. i was wondering if you could help me with a question? Is there a way to add or edit an airspace around and airport, in fsx?
    arno
    arno
    Hi, I guess you better ask on the forum. I'm not sure how this works in FSX, the last time I looked at the air space was with FS2002 if I remember correctly.
    Hi Arno how are you ? I a question about Ground Poly Wizard, in you last MC update, I´m try export in P3D v4 but the layers ( ground Poly) is all negative ( if I put 8 then i have -8) so When negative poly is under the floor, and does not appear in P3d v4, how to make it work? thanks Best Regards
    arno
    arno
    Hi, in P3D v4 they are supposed to be negative if you read the SDK. That's why the GPW makes sure they are. So that should not be your problem.
    Hi Arno, I'm Gonzalo Besoain from SurClaro.com ... I wrote to you to offer any kind of help you may need with your server. Just let me know here or to gbesoain@surclaro.com everything pro bono.
    GE View : I have problems with the installation of GE View in the FSX. I have everything installed after the installation description but I get no connection to EarthPorxydestock. Can someone help me and how can I post problems FSDeveloper
    Thanks, arno.
    I'll try the Library Creator XML thingy if it's not too complicated.
    However, a simple example with the detailed steps would be ideal for a thicko like me.
    arno
    arno
    It's a quite easy to use tool, so just give it a try :)

The manual on the wiki is still for version 2.0 (development release is 3.0), so that's a bit outdated I'm afraid.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…