• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSXA ฺBangkok Airports from A_A Sceneries

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
Hi,
I have two or three projects going on at the same time. Since I fell like I got locked in one airport quite a long time. Having more than one project at a time might decrease my boredom.

I did VTBS_FSX for Armi Project. It is on sale in Simmarket quite a long time.
Things changes and many new tools from Arno have make scenery design is more convenient. Especially Model Converter X options such as draw call batching, round world correction placement, ground polygon wizard etc. You have to try those tools. They are really change the way we do scenery. Thanks Arno for his brilliant tools and ideas.

There are two airports in Bangkok. They are really close together. The only way to do Suvarnabhumi, Don Maung airports and the Bangkok City at the same time is to make they share textures as much as possible. I really try a lot on this and make sure that when you fly to Thailand, you will see the things as real as it gets.
VTBS overview. Just for reference to place buildings. The real photoscenery need a lot of space and time.
VTBS.jpg

VTBD overview
VTBD.jpg

Jetways and concourse of VTBS.
VTBS02.jpg

VTBS03.jpg

Bangkok City (picture from FS9 project)
WatPrakewFinal.jpg

WatMahatat.jpg

Thamasat.jpg

Naphalan.jpg

Court.jpg

Megabridge02.jpg

BANGKOK2-1.jpg

BANGKOK-1.jpg

BANGKOK3.jpg

Wishing me a good luck.
After posting this, I'll go back to work with WMKK again.

Last edited:
Country
unitedkingdom
My God! That terminal looks amazing! Is that 3Ds it assume? makes my attempts at objects looks awful!

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
Hi,
I'm doing the sign on the roof of the airport. I set up the material the same way of light splash. It came out nicely during the night but it become slightly transparent during the day.
During the night it looks so good.
VTBS09.jpg

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
I have some progression here from texture baking.
The sign of Suvarnabhumi Airport during the day.
VTBS13.jpg

The same sign during the night. I use the same material like light splash. It is beautiful. I love it!.
VTBS12.jpg

Shadow from texture baking.
VTBS14.jpg

VTBS15.jpg

I wonder why the shadow produced by the game is so faint. Can we do something here. If we cannot, I may switch to shadow from texture baking (fixed shadow) like the way Fly Tampa does. However, I really like the real shadow since it moves with time.

VTBS16.jpg

jtanabodee,

Are you associated with the "ARMI PROJECT - VTBS SUVARNABHUMI INTL FSX" scenery released on Sim Market today?

How is it different from "ARMI PROJECT - VTBS-FSX 2010" ?

Are you releasing your own scenery separate from ARMI? If so, I will wait for that.

Hi jtanabodee,

Is it ok for payware scenery?

Attachments

• Безымянный.jpg
    Безымянный.jpg
    361.8 KB · Views: 1,431

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
Thanks for asking booforty, ArtAir.

No, it was my work correcting things for ARMI PROJECT years ago.

But this one is my own work and everything is different.
If you see the screen shot it is different.

To tell you the truth, after a few years this scenery launched. I got money only on the first few months. After that he doesn't answer any e-mails at all. He added something more but didn't do anything to correct the problem in this version.

ARMI PROJECT - VTBS SUVARNABHUMI INTL FSX still have problems and I do not correct problem for him any more. He got all the sale, but I got all the e-mail to serve customers!
Things change after time pass, at that time no knowledge about draw call batching, no MCX. So I did what I could and what I knew at that time.

I'm not associate with him anymore and he still use my name in the document.
It is pitty, if he delete my name out and put his name on, I'd be more happy.

ARMI PROJECT - VTBS SUVARNABHUMI INTL FSX:
ArmiProject_zps208e3e91.jpg

This is my work.
VTBS12.jpg

ARMI PROJECT - VTBS SUVARNABHUMI INTL FSX:

ArmiProject2_zps082f05cc.jpg

My work:
VTBS19_zps4b6be263.jpg

Just looking at the sign is different. You are on your own if you purchase this scenery. It is all his now, I have nothing to do with this scenery anymore.
I'm not done with this scenery and I'm not going to rush it.

Last edited:

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
Anyway, I have my update too.
Metal frame texture was done by texture baking. So it gives a realistic ambient of light.
VTBS20_zpsd5d44fe2.jpg

The light of the elevated entrance to the main terminal.
VTBS18_zps81938a84.jpg

Last edited:
Jirayu, your version is MILES BETTER! I'm not going to give any money to ARMI and will wait for your version. Keep up the amazing work, your screenshots are incredible!! :)

Country
indonesia
Thanks for asking booforty, ArtAir.

No, it was my work correcting things for ARMI PROJECT years ago.

But this one is my own work and everything is different.
If you see the screen shot it is different.

To tell you the truth, after a few years this scenery launched. I got money only on the first few months. After that he doesn't answer any e-mails at all. He added something more but didn't do anything to correct the problem in this version.

ARMI PROJECT - VTBS SUVARNABHUMI INTL FSX still have problems and I do not correct problem for him any more. He got all the sale, but I got all the e-mail to serve customers.
Things change after time pass, at that time no knowledge about draw call batching, no MCX. So I did what I could and what I know at that time.

I'm not associate with him anymore and he still use my name in the document.
It is pitty, if he delete my name out and put his name on, I'd be more happy.

Just looking at the sign is different. You are on your own if you purchase this scenery. It is all his now, I have nothing to do with this scenery anymore.
I'm not done with this scenery and I'm not going to rush it.

Even you have a problem with others developer :D

Good Job man, I m supporting you.:cool:

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
Now, I'm done with all the major buildings around the elevated road to the main terminal. FPS as you can see is unbelievable 60! . It is true after I got all the understanding about drawcall batching and LOD, I chose the way it make highest fps.
VTBS24.jpg

Control tower which is claimed to be the tallest one in the world, 132.2 meters. I'm not sure if the record has been broken yet.
VTBS21.jpg

The detail of the instruments on the control tower.
The balcony cast shadow on the glass wall below which make it more realistic. This is obtained by texture baking in 3dsmax.

VTBS22.jpg

Detail of the walkway to the parking building.
VTBS23.jpg

VTBS26.jpg

VTBS25.jpg

Last edited:
Pride, read the posts above.

This is different from Armi project VTBS that came out in September. This scenery is MUCH BETTER, look at the screenshot comparisons in the posts above.