• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX 33MO - Leaming Field Lighting Progress

n4gix

Resource contributor
Country
unitedstates
No crash I think can, in the Xtomdl command line, but no autogen supresion sound me as Fs2004 makemdl.

Reread the previous post, as from this it is clearly options set within ADE when using the Object Placement tool!

I found that with setup of object placement with ADE 01.51.4645.23940 (BETA) as below I have not flashing rectangles visible during bad weather.

1. No autogen supress - set
2. No crash detect - set

Horst18519

Resource contributor
Country
germany
I'd like to add something to the discussion.

Apart from the fact that there does not seem to be a solution for this fog problem, does anybody have transparency issues with clouds or autogen or any idea how to solve them?
In my scenery, the autogen is always rendered in front of my light beams, which looks very awkward.

A point to note: In P3DV2 by turning off fog in the ADE options the ground poly flashes bright again so for P3DV2 turn off "no fog".

Shez

mendiola_loyola

Resource contributor
Country
peru
That "tip" really has nothing whatever to do with either Max or GMax. It is in reference to the use of Photoshop while creating/editing the lightmap texture to be used in the sim. The only connection with Max/GMax is the filename...

Note that in the image(s) below the lightsplash has already had the "sandstone" texturizer applied, so no gradient banding is seen. Before the process, the banding was very, very obvious... :eek:

photoshoptexturizer01.jpg

photoshoptexturizer02.jpg
Dear Bill:

Could you explain how did you created your light splash?
I use the Radial Gradient with Photoshop CS6, but it gives round light splashes.

73s.
OA4AJP

n4gix

Resource contributor
Country
unitedstates
I use the Lighting tool in Photoshop and choose a spotlight to create the light splash. This gives me the long teardrop shape!

qudkE.png

Last edited: