• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

3D VIZ or 3D Max export modulo for Gmax?

Country
costarica
Hi,
For some time now I've been working with 3D VIZ and 3DS Max, and I wounder if there is any modulo exporter to send this files to a Gmax format..or even better if once you create your scenery with VIZ or Max you can compile them to FSX ??
I would like to create all the scenery with VIZ and then, without having to export them (to avoid bugs) just compile it directly to FS
cheers
Rodrigo

Hi,

I don't think there is a way to export to the GMax format, but GMax can import 3DS files, so maybe that is an option.

If you are working for FsX you could also use the 3DS exporter tools that came with it. This means you can create your objects from 3D Studio, instead of GMax.

thanks Arno..WOW..that's a very quick response..great forum..
I'm planning to redisign my MROC scenry for FSX but I still have to buy FSX..so I didn't know that the new FSX comes with a 3DS export modulo...so it makes Gmax obsolete!!!
Sure I'll work directly with 3dsMax
Thank you once again..and merry Christmas
Cheers
Rodrigo

Don't count gMax or FSDS out quite yet. As long as MS provides a way to convert *.X files to FS models, any program that can export to X is usable. Even those that are capable of exporting to the *.3ds format are usable via 3dsconv.exe, if you know what you are doing. If you have the money to spend on 3dsMax, that is all well and good. But to the many people that see this as a hobby and not just a way to make money, the other programs are still viable options even for FS10.

Lou

Back