• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FS2004 3Side View of Convair 580

Bambi_007

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Is someone out there they have for me this 3Side-View.

That was I found at google are all too small for good modeling.

I want to to re-design a Freeware Convair 580 from FS 2002 Gmax to FS 2004 Gmax.

Thanks a lot for help.

Last edited:

Bambi_007

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Dear Felix

Thank you for the Links - I have from there the Source already downloaded,

but I need a 3Side View in a good Quality.

:eek:

Bye the way, why I cannot register at this Site ???

D

Deleted member 1281

Couldn't you ask Bjoern aka "Heretic" here for permission to port his 580 back to FS9? Like Milton he is really generous with his code ...

Bambi_007

Resource contributor
Country
germany
I have the FSX Source Gmax files from Bjoern too,

but I think it is a harder way to go from FSX --> FS9 as from FS8 --> FS9

I only need a 3Side View please in a good Quality. :)

@Felix: You Have PM and thank you for help me to Register.

D

Deleted member 1281

I have the FSX Source Gmax files from Bjoern too,
but I think it is a harder way to go from FSX --> FS9 as from FS8 --> FS9
It is a bit, yes, but usually done in a day... or two ...

I only need a 3Side View please in a good Quality.

Well but that's a long shot. Most 3views are approximations only, many contain glaring mistakes. The proof of the pudding is in how it looks in sim compared to pictures. (You know that.)

Last edited by a moderator:

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
Well, if you asked me as someone suggested above, I could give you an FS2004 GMAX file, ready to go... :)

tgibson at sunstroke dot sdsu dot edu

Bambi_007

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Thanks Bjoern and Tom for your help.

I have looking the Pictures - they can help me.
I have send an Email to Tom - maybe he can help me.

But Im not shure how looking the Rudder and the Tail. :mad:

On every Picture and Information I see - anytime I have a different Imagine how big is the rudder and whats the Tail.

You understand what I mean.

Not - than have a look please.

1474.jpg

The light gray is the Tail and the dark grey is the Rudder - is that right !?! The sand coloured Piece is the old Rudder.

The Model is from FS2002 Model of Greg Pepper
here are a Picture of Gregs Model in FS2004 Gmax:

1473-1.jpg

On some picture I see on the Internet they look for me as I mentioned above. :confused:

P.S.
Felix I had see you have registered me at the Forum I asked you, but I dont have become an Email or PM with the password.

Last edited:
Country
us-michigan
I do have a request that you model the cargo door model that is still flying around. Also maybe the CV-5800 model which is the stretched cargo variant too.
So far though it looks really good.

Greg

Bambi_007

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Greg, The CV 5800 will be a later work - it is not much moore work and can do in a short way.

Bill, Thanks for your Headup - but i am so unshure because the look of the Rudder. :confused:

Country
finland
I have here only a picture of a Convair 440. The rudder is like the sand coloured one. But I don't know if the 580 has the same one..

Kai

Roy Holmes

Resource contributor
Country
us-virginia
I have info that the Convair 580 was the result of a conversion by PacAero Engineering of 340 and 440 versions for Frontier Airlines. The conversion included Alison 501-D13 turboprops and greater area for the tail unit control surfaces. The illustration shows the rudder being full-length, the top of the rudder hinge is at the top of the fin. It looks like the lower version in Sandra's picture
Roy

Heretic

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Sandra: If the size of the rudder on the model matches the size on the photo to pretty well, you don't need to worry.

I do have a request that you model the cargo door model that is still flying around. Also maybe the CV-5800 model which is the stretched cargo variant too.

A cargo door version is already available for FSX.
Heck, I even did the stupid air tanker version!
:rolleyes:

Greg, The CV 5800 will be a later work - it is not much moore work and can do in a short way.

Well, it is more than just a fuselage stretch (which would require a completely new fuselage texture).
The 5800 comes with a partial glass cockpit, new propellers and higher rated engines, all of which might be necessary for a "proper" conversion.

I have here only a picture of a Convair 440. The rudder is like the sand coloured one. But I don't know if the 580 has the same one..

As Roy said, the 580 has a larger rudder and tailplane.

Bambi_007

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Thanks for all your help to this step.

I have write an Email to Nolinor Aviation because a 3Side View.

Maybe they would answer back.

Stay tuned please. :)

For the Alison 501-D13 turboprops they are use Props of 410,9 cm in Diameter.

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Cont...36212/L/&sid=e23332af92f10a6c62639d274b6ad15d

Here I found a Picture of a CV580 and when I the Remark right understand:

""N73106 (cn 7) Now that is one sharp looking Convair. Sold by Sierra Pacific to Laredo Air in 1.91 but remained stored and broken up a few years later. Began life as a United CV-340 in 1952, to Frontier in 1963 and converted two years later.""

They began as CV 340 in 1952 by United,
come 1963 to Frontier in 1963
and converted 2 Years later, 1965, to the CV 580.
Frontier elected to go with the Convair 580 conversion
which meant replacing the Pratt & Whitney R-2800-CB16s piston engines with
Allison 501-D13D turboprops fitted with four bladed Aeroproducts props.

Here the same Plane as Frontier Plane:

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Fron...0781422/&sid=e23332af92f10a6c62639d274b6ad15d

the Remarks of this Picture is:

""
N73106 (cn 7) Delivered to United as a CV340-31 in September, 1952. Purchased by Frontier in April, 1963 and converted to 580 in March, 1965. Seen here taxiing for a dawn departure.
""

Last edited:

Bambi_007

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Here we Go again.

A Frontier CV 580 Picture with an other Rudder Variant:

1030.jpg

(P. J. Gates Collection - Copyright)

Is it - or need I new Glasses. :cool:

Edit:
I think I need new glasses - I made the Tail Sektion bigger - and then we see this:

93726477.jpg

(P. J. Gates Collection - Copyright)

I think we have the Question of the Rudder now SOLVED.

Last edited:
Country
us-michigan
Here are a couple 580 shots that hopefully will help you. I had to resize them for attachment purposes, but they are still big for viewing and without glasses.

Also my modified 580 panel bmp (sort of 5800ish) that I am using.

And I am aware of the FSX version of the cargo 580, I was hoping for a fs9 version as well.

Thanks, Greg

Last edited: