"_LO" option in Array def. does not work

Sorry Don, it seems that the _LO option in the array.def file does not work. Infact in the .ini file I found Light Only=false and in the scenery all the center line lights are with the model.

gadgets

Resource contributor
I'll take a look. I assume you are referring to Version 3.1.02 or one of the later development releases; in one of your earlier questions you quoted a section from the colors.txt file from an earlier release.

Don

gadgets

Resource contributor
Andrea, I have found and fixed the "_LO" issue. I made significant changes in that area in version 3 but neglected to remove one critical statement.

However, I cannot reproduce the FS9 compiler issue. I do not wish to re-release until it too is resolved. First of all, please confirm that AFLT folder FS9 compilers contains 3 files, namely:
  • BGLC_9.exe
  • bglcomp.exe
  • bglcomp.xsd
Also, if you are not yet running on Development Release 3.1.02(b), please update and try again.

Don

I'll take a look. I assume you are referring to Version 3.1.02 or one of the later development releases; in one of your earlier questions you quoted a section from the colors.txt file from an earlier release.

Don
Sorry Don, in all posts I wrote during the very last days, I made reference to the last 3.1.0.2 version but I forgot to indicate it. Also the section of colors.txt I quoted was from the latest version.

Andrea, I have found and fixed the "_LO" issue. I made significant changes in that area in version 3 but neglected to remove one critical statement.

However, I cannot reproduce the FS9 compiler issue. I do not wish to re-release until it too is resolved. First of all, please confirm that AFLT folder FS9 compilers contains 3 files, namely:
  • BGLC_9.exe
  • bglcomp.exe
  • bglcomp.xsd
Also, if you are not yet running on Development Release 3.1.02(b), please update and try again.

Don
Yes I do confirm that all the three files you mentioned are in the FS9 Compilers folder.
I confirm that I downloaded only the latest general release and I found the problem in that version.
I downloaded now the latest dev release and I'll make a test and I'll let you know.

gadgets

Resource contributor
Also the section of colors.txt I quoted was from the latest version.
Yes, it was. My mistake.

But, unfortunately, that doesn't help, since I still can't reproduce the issue. However, I just recalled another user reported the same problem to me privately a while back. Turns out he was using an old version of Types.txt. (Apparently, when he updated to 3.1.02, he simply copied over the new .exe instead of all the files in the archive. When he updated to the current version of types.txt (in the 3.1.02 archive), the problem went away.

Don

Don, unfortunately I confirm the problem also with 3.1.0.2(b). And I confirm that all the files come from the archive you uploaded and I unzipped them in a new folder different from the other older versions.
Anyway as soon as possible I’m going to check it again.

gadgets

Resource contributor
Be sure to first delete any INI files that will have the same names as the files to be generated by the array., Otherwise, nothing will change.

Don,

Sorry Don, I think there would be a little misunderstanding related to the fact that the thread started with the problem of “_LO” but then we talked about the problem related to the bglcomp.exe location.

I noted only now that probably you referred to the “_LO” problem in your last post, instead I made a test for the “bglcomp.exe” location, using the latest AFLT version.

Tomorrow I’ll not have any time to test the “_LO” problem. I’ll check it on Monday probably.

gadgets

Resource contributor
I noted only now that probably you referred to the “_LO” problem in your last post, instead I made a test for the “bglcomp.exe” location, using the latest AFLT version.
Yes, it is getting a little confusing mixing multiple problems in the same thread. So, in an attempt to "reset", I have just made Development Release (3.1.02(c) containing what I believe will be the fix for your "_LO" issue.

I would ask you to do the following:
  • Download and install General Release 3.1.02 into a new folder NOT on your C: drive
  • Download and copy the files from Development Release 3.1.02(c) into the same folder.
  • Copy the array ".def" file for the "_LO" elements into the Arrays folder in the new AFLT folder. Do not copy any other files into that folder or any of its sub-folders.
  • Start AFLT "as administrator" and compile that array for FS9 and check that no "missing compiler" message is issued and that the generated .ini files corresponding to the _LO elements contain the line "Light Only=True"
If this is not the result, please zip-up that entire new AFLT folder and e-mail it to me at don at stuff4fs dot com. Please also tell me the location of the AFLT folder on your system

Time is of the essence. I am leaving for an extended period on Tuesday. If you still have problems and I don't receive the files before Monday morning (my time), there is no chance the issue(s) will be fixed any time soon.

Don

Yes, it is getting a little confusing mixing multiple problems in the same thread. So, in an attempt to "reset", I have just made Development Release (3.1.02(c) containing what I believe will be the fix for your "_LO" issue.

I would ask you to do the following:
  • Download and install General Release 3.1.02 into a new folder NOT on your C: drive
  • Download and copy the files from Development Release 3.1.02(c) into the same folder.
  • Copy the array ".def" file for the "_LO" elements into the Arrays folder in the new AFLT folder. Do not copy any other files into that folder or any of its sub-folders.
  • Start AFLT "as administrator" and compile that array for FS9 and check that no "missing compiler" message is issued and that the generated .ini files corresponding to the _LO elements contain the line "Light Only=True"
If this is not the result, please zip-up that entire new AFLT folder and e-mail it to me at don at stuff4fs dot com. Please also tell me the location of the AFLT folder on your system

Time is of the essence. I am leaving for an extended period on Tuesday. If you still have problems and I don't receive the files before Monday morning (my time), there is no chance the issue(s) will be fixed any time soon.

Don
Don, I made the test as you asked and all was ok related to the _LO problem. It seem to be solved. The only thing that is still there is the request of the bglcomp.exe location.
Every time I start AFLT and I clic on "Make Array" button, after the selection of the .def file (Complexity is selected to NORMAL, FS9 is checked) I clic on Make Array button and AFLT asks me the location. After I select the location it works ok (I can make as many array as I want without any other requests). If I clos AFLT and I open it again, making the same process it asks me again the location.
I'll send you the archive just for your knowledge. Don't worry at the moment it is not a problem that makes me impossible to work on the scenery. It is only a question to make the selection every time I start AFLT.
Thanks and enjoy your journey.