• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

About a new Pc... (SOLVED)

Heretic

Resource contributor
Nothing that I know for sure; just as you may don't like some software, I don't like Windows 10. It's a matter of principles as well, they are pushing people -on purpose- to operate something which many don't want to use. Also, I am sure you are aware that MS and its minions (aka: hardware companies) are doing the same... one more time. I am not againts technology, I am against this kind of corporate deception... :twocents:
Ugh, that's a bold statement. In that case, it's best to:
- not use Windows but Linux
- not use anything but Blender and GIMP
- not use MSFS/P3D (because it doesn't run on Linux) but FlightGear
- return to a "dumb" phone or get a phone with Ubuntu
- throw away any tablet or get one with Ubuntu

People want everything on the cheap and obtaining behavioral profiles for targeted advertising is the only way to recuperate the lost revenue.
It's disgusting, yes, but at least you get a choice to (seemingly?) minimize telemetry. Windows 10 is no different. A glance over the privacy settings should be the first action taken after installation or an upgrade.

People want everything on the cheap and obtaining behavioral profiles for targeted advertising is the only way to recuperate the lost revenue.
That's why I have all my software original; I don't expect anything that I haven't paid for. The same applies to my hardware. -sigh-. If you think that I've been radical with my statements... well, I am sure you're right.

Heretic

Resource contributor
That's why I have all my software original; I don't expect anything that I haven't paid for. The same applies to my hardware. -sigh-. If you think that I've been radical with my statements... well, I am sure you're right.
It wasn't the radicalism, it was the terrible unoriginality of the statement. Everybody's complaining about being screwed by big business and "The Man"(TM), but in the end, everyone just plays along anyway, not even trying to retain at least a bit of control. Smart phone users are the worst among these. Crying out about data leaks or ethically questionable data collection and yet their devices are a totalitarian government's wet dream because nobody bothers to at least lock down as much as they can.

If anything, complain that the stupid crypto currency bubble is driving hardware prices through the roof because everybody and their mom wants to be a miner. I've been eyeing a PC upgrade, but at the current prices, it's just not feasible.

Heretic

Resource contributor
I think I lost the battle here; gently, I retire. Thank you all for your patience and feedback.

Good bye.
Sergio.
Don't! Only because I disagree with you on a particular subject doesn't mean that I don't want you around anymore.
So please stay and keep posting about your projects once you have your new PC up and running. :)

Don't! Only because I disagree with you on a particular subject doesn't mean that I don't want you around anymore.
My dear friend, I didn't misunderstand you at all. I agree in many aspects with you; especially on the subject on the miners. Those groups of people have wiped out the graphic card market. I am loosing the battle because I haven't found what I am looking for. :)

Cheers,
Sergio.

Last edited:
:stirthepo:stirthepo:stirthepo:stirthepo

Getting there in my new PC: I will post this "sessions" in case I forget something (What probability exists for that to happen? :duck::duck::duck:)
I'm about to create my new Windows 7 Home Premium ISO image from my OEM DVD. For sure, this will be useful as well:

1.- Installing Windows 7 on Kaby Lake, Skylake, Coffee Lake and NVME:

2.- Update Microsoft Windows and Office without an Internet connection:
http://www.wsusoffline.net/

Video Tutorial:

WARNING:
I won't take this for granted: In order to attempt this, you must have your Original DVD and your valid purchase licence!

3.- Integrate Updates Into a Windows 7:

Last edited:
Thanks!

I already have my pen drive ready to roll. Just waiting for the hardware to arrive. Since I don't have plans to conect the new rig to internet, I won't be worried about almost anything. I just want to get my software up and running as I did in the stolen PC.

Step-by-Step Windows 7 Kaby Lake NVME installation and configuration:

Last edited:
Hi lads

I successfully installed windows 7 with all updates in the new computer... it has a Kaby Lake processor and she runs beautifully so far.
Kudos to Mr. Carey Holzman for the walkthrough shown in the above video!

Cheers,
Sergio.
;)

OK, be that way. :mad:
That will give you plenty of lead time to watch for the next FSX-SE $5 sale at Steam. :cool:
Bro, I never used a program purchased on Steam. Correct me if I am wrong:

It is true that any Steam App/Game requires a 3rd. party software to run?​
and also, it is needed to be online all the time?​

Thank you.
:scratchch

Heretic

Resource contributor
Yes, it requires Steam running in the background.
No, you will not have to be online after installation.

The fuss about Steam is beyond me. It's a one-stop shop for tons of games and applications. From retro trivialities like Worms to professional sims like ArmA 3.
Only Steam's Workshop (mod distribution platform) and DLC system do not integrate well with FSX, but you don't need those anyway. Other than that, the Steam Edition is pretty much the best 32 bit FSX-like release you can get.

The fuss about Steam is beyond me.
Same here brother, I do not use to play games. And the "app" running in the background is something I don't like at all.

On the other hand, there's something to think about: the enhanced FSX performance; I read that it runs much better than earlier versions. The sad news are that I don't have any FSX addons... perhaps I'll reconsider to upgrade once I learn all that I can from FS9.

Heretic

Resource contributor
Same here brother, I do not use to play games. And the "app" running in the background is something I don't like at all.
It was meant the opposite way, i.e. "I do not understand the negative perception of Steam in the flight simulation community."

On the other hand, there's something to think about: the enhanced FSX performance; I read that it runs much better than earlier versions. The sad news are that I don't have any FSX addons... perhaps I'll reconsider to upgrade once I learn all that I can from FS9.
FSX is also much more flexible in terms of model design. No more 64000 polygon limit. *Hint* *Hint*