About FS variables

Hi all.
Question is: can i get current weather state directly from FS variables ? I'm need to know current visibility level. Thanks

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi Ranger,

No, I am not aware of such a variable. The interaction with the weather is rather limited, only things like the global wind velocity and direction are known. Maybe if you search the older SDKs (Fs98 or Fs2000) you can find some more, but these might not always work.

Thanks, Arno.
Did you know how use following variables:
inner_marker 0x02F6 checks if the inner marker light is on
middle_marker 0x02FA checks if the middle marker light is on
outer_marker 0x02F8 checks if the outer marker light is on
What is "marker light" ?

Horst18519

Staff member
Resource contributor
I think it's the light in the panel that shows you're above the marker.

To the other question: Is it possible, to get a variable that tells me if it's raining/snowing in FS? (I know I could just look outside... :D)

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Ranger said:
Did you know how use following variables:
inner_marker 0x02F6 checks if the inner marker light is on
middle_marker 0x02FA checks if the middle marker light is on
outer_marker 0x02F8 checks if the outer marker light is on
I am not sure if these work for the scenery, but to test it I would just check if their value is 0 or not. I am pretty sure they will be zero when the light is off :). But it can very well be that this scenery can not be read by the scenery engine.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Horst18519 said:
To the other question: Is it possible, to get a variable that tells me if it's raining/snowing in FS? (I know I could just look outside... :D)
I would love to know a variale for that, but I never heard of any :(.

Horst18519

Staff member
Resource contributor
The answer I expected. :( Thanks anyway. Good to know, there are still some things to look foreward to fs2006. :D

but to test it I would just check if their value is 0 or not
I'm try to do this, but result is NULL :( I'm just beginner. But logic prompting to as: if these variables are described in SDK - it must works :scratchch ? Is anybody know how use these variables ?

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Ranger said:
I'm just beginner. But logic prompting to as: if these variables are described in SDK - it must works :scratchch ? Is anybody know how use these variables ?
Welcome to the MS SDK world :D. The first thing you should learn about them is that they usually contain faults. Never believe everything you read there. And as this data comes from the Fs98 SDK, it is rather old as well. No garantee that it is still valid in Fs2004 as well.