ACM don't run if the user session is with restricted rights

Dear arno, thank you for your work.
I am faced with the problem of using the ACM in the Windows' session with limited rights (that is, not with admin rights). After starting the program from the command line (with 'install p3dv4' parameter), the main program window (with the choice of the installation path) does not appear. And in the task manager, two processes are visible, which look as if they clash with each other. And flashes a circle of time (cursor waiting).
While in equal conditions in a user session with admin rights, everything works out correctly.
Arno, could you see this situation? - Windows 7 x64, Prepar3d v4.3

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi,

When you start ACM in install mode it will first check if it has administrative rights. If not the program closes itself and restarts in admin mode (you will get a UAC popup to ask for your approval of that).

Else check the event log of ACM to see what is going on.

arno, I don't use UAC.
I did a test on a virtual system. Yes, with UAC enabled, in a standard user session a pop-up window appears requesting an administrator credentials. After entering the administrator password in that popup window, the ACM is installed correctly, but again — in the administrator account, and not in the standard user account — 'AutogenConfigurationMerger' folder appears in the 'C:\Users\[Administrator]\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons', and not in the 'C:\Users\[StandardUser]\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons'. Accordingly, when Prepar3D is started from a standard user session, the ACM does not appear in the add-ons and just nothing happens in the sense of the ACM work.
Else check the event log of ACM to see what is going on.
Unfortunately, I did not find how to do this, since in a standard user account the 'SceneryDesign.org' folders do not appear in the Local and Roaming AppData. The two processes 'AutogenConfigurationMerger.exe' are also impossible to kill — the window appears: Title — 'Unable to Terminate Process'; texts — 'The operation could not be completed. The operation is not valid for this process'. Feeling as if they are killing themselves (restarting each other) and I just do not have time to do this at the moment of selecting 'End Process'.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
I'm not sure why that happens, it's the first time I hear the tool gets installed for the admin user.

That's the way it is, arno. By demanding administrator privileges in the standard user account, the ACM is installed into the administrator account. I once again rechecked it on a freshly installed virtual operating system.
arno, would you like to check it, see for yourself, please?

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
I'll check, but it must be something in your configuration. Else nobody could install the tool and I never had any complaint like this. I also run a normal user account myself and never saw this.

And how can I understand what is wrong in the configuration on my system?))) Would you like to help me with this?
I tested on 3 operating systems: one real — Windows 7 x64; and two virtual ones — Windows 10 x64 and Windows 7 x64. Everywhere I observe the same behavior: ACM is not installed in the standard user account, only in the admin account.
Perhaps I incorrectly use the command line? It looks like this for me:
AutogenConfigurationMerger.exe install p3dv4