• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX Activation

Country
us-nevada
Having uninstalled and reinstalled the acceleration pack one two many times when the product key is entered you can not activate it via internet says by phone or activate later. Cannot activate by phone get error message product code not found. Bullit activate later game starts. Called Microsoft support and they said they did not have anymore product keys for FSX it is no longer supported thru them. Question, check activate later start program everytime seems to be a pain and it says you will not get full use of the features. Is there anyway around this? I have already ordered a new copy of the program seems like a waste. Anyone run into this?

Country
unitedstates
been seeing this pop up in different places recently. Anyone know anything about microsoft not supporting the activations any more?

Last edited:

n4gix

Resource contributor
Country
unitedstates
There is a number in the FSX files that you can call. It is a "robot" that will allow you to reactivate your Acceleration installation automatically.

It's very cleverly hidden in a file named "Phone Activation.xml" in the root folder of FSX.

The number for the U.S. is: 1-866-740-1256

Country
netherlands
There will always be a possibility to obtail a copy that does not need activation.

Caution: This may or may not be legal, depending on country where you live. I do not engorse illegal use, I post this just as a possible way how to use your legally obtained software.

Country
panama
Having uninstalled and reinstalled the acceleration pack one two many times when the product key is entered you can not activate it via internet says by phone or activate later. Cannot activate by phone get error message product code not found. Bullit activate later game starts. Called Microsoft support and they said they did not have anymore product keys for FSX it is no longer supported thru them. Question, check activate later start program everytime seems to be a pain and it says you will not get full use of the features. Is there anyway around this? I have already ordered a new copy of the program seems like a waste. Anyone run into this?

If Microsoft is not supporting one of their products which is still "Being sold all over the world" they are Cheating whoever buys it.....:eek::eek::eek:...Now I personally would not be surprised of any tricky stuff from this outfit.:mad:

n4gix

Resource contributor
Country
unitedstates
I just made a test call to the "FSX Activation Hotline" (number in post above)...

The "robot" is alive and quite well, thank you very much...

So much "drama" about a non-issue, honestly! :rolleyes:

Country
unitedstates
There will always be a possibility to obtail a copy that does not need activation.

Caution: This may or may not be legal, depending on country where you live. I do not engorse illegal use, I post this just as a possible way how to use your legally obtained software.

Not true, MS has it in the EULA that you will not pirate the software, regardless of country. Piracy is illegal in 99% of all countries, whether or not its enforced fairly or partially (As in China its partial, they will prosecute if you steal their tech but not if you steal US tech.) is another story.
This does not apply to defacto countries that have unstable govt.

Country
newzealand
There is a number in the FSX files that you can call. It is a "robot" that will allow you to reactivate your Acceleration installation automatically.

It's very cleverly hidden in a file named "Phone Activation.xml" in the root folder of FSX.

The number for the U.S. is: 1-866-740-1256
Hey,

Would you be able to send me that file?

I've just uninstalled FSX and will be installing it onto a new HDD so will need that file/phone numbers just in case the activation fails.

Country
us-nevada
Phone Activation

The problem is not with the phone number. The program its self will not let you activate by phone. It locks up and the task manager says you have an activation error. Microsoft is sending me another copy and a call tag to send the second one I bought from them back. In their own words the only thing we can do anymore is get a new copy with a new activation key. This information only cost me about four hours of runaround with microsoft. All I can say is I am expecting my third copy tomorrow so be careful about uninstalling and trying to reinstall your programs.

n4gix

Resource contributor
Country
unitedstates
Hey,

Would you be able to send me that file?

I've just uninstalled FSX and will be installing it onto a new HDD so will need that file/phone numbers just in case the activation fails.

Here are the numbers for New Zealand:

New Zealand
Toll=+64 9 356 3093
TollFree=0800 676 334

Country
netherlands
Not true, MS has it in the EULA that you will not pirate the software, regardless of country. Piracy is illegal in 99% of all countries, whether or not its enforced fairly or partially (As in China its partial, they will prosecute if you steal their tech but not if you steal US tech.) is another story.
This does not apply to defacto countries that have unstable govt.

Any license agreement can not be in conflict with a country law, and any clause that would be found so would be automatically found void. If Microsoft agreed to sell in such and such country, they have de facto shown acceptance of such.
(apparently an international contract is a bit different, but you are not buying FSX on international contract)

Again, I am not saying that it is the best course of action, or available for everyone, and I definitely do not condone getting your software without paying for it, but there are countries that by law allow you to change your software to make it work, and if you find yourself in such a country, no license can prevent you from doing so. At best you might lose support privileges, but if the core problem is lack of support...

hairyspin

Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
...there are countries that by law allow you to...

Well most of us are not in such countries, so would you please drop the subject? We don't like discussing such matters since many here depend on proper observance of copyright law and End User Licence Agreements. Thank you.

Country
unitedstates
Any license agreement can not be in conflict with a country law, and any clause that would be found so would be automatically found void. If Microsoft agreed to sell in such and such country, they have de facto shown acceptance of such.
(apparently an international contract is a bit different, but you are not buying FSX on international contract)

Again, I am not saying that it is the best course of action, or available for everyone, and I definitely do not condone getting your software without paying for it, but there are countries that by law allow you to change your software to make it work, and if you find yourself in such a country, no license can prevent you from doing so. At best you might lose support privileges, but if the core problem is lack of support...

I would ask you to name one country where its legal to 'pirate' that is recognized by the common trade and copyright agreements throughout the world, but I agree with hairspin, we are getting off topic and should leave it where it lies.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Guys - we are getting way off topic and into a discussion of international law. If y'all can provide me with a copy of your license to practice this then I will be happy to watch and learn :D. Otherwise perhaps we can get back to what is actually an important issue - activation of FS9 and FSX now that MS no longer appears to 'support' them.

It seems to me that if we can get a definitive set of guidelines on this for folks going forward then it could either be a sticky or a wiki entry.

mgh

Country
unitedkingdom
Guys - we are getting way off topic and into a discussion of international law. If y'all can provide me with a copy of your license to practice this then I will be happy to watch and learn...

I agree this is getting off-topic but will we have to provide a copy of our pilot's licence before we can discuss flying aircraft? ;)

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
I agree this is getting off-topic but will we have to provide a copy of our pilot's licence before we can discuss flying aircraft? ;)

No I think we can avoid that - however proof of an activated copy of FS9 or FSX might be an alternative :eek: ;)

hairyspin

Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
I come as an FSX owner with copy duly activated and you'll just have to take my word for it! :p

A solution to the activation problem from SOH FSX forum. Do let us know if it works for you.

Country
us-nevada
Found the activation clue to

Stumbled on it last night. Worked like a charm.
Thank you!

Country
panama
This looks like normal "dirty tricks by the developer", they have left people in the cold on many other software too...It´s all a question of Ethics which to many are History.