• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSXA AD4 compiles, FSX stops working

Country
us-vermont
ADE v01.65.5452 (Pro)
Windows 7(64 bit)
FSXA
ADE-GP Ground Poly Editor v1.0.22
Airport KBTV
I just got a "MicroSoft Flight Simulator has stopped working" msg after compiling my ad4 file and submitting the usual 3 bgls and two xml files to FSX.
By subtraction one by one,the culprit is the bgl with no _GP or _OBJ appended to the name.

Removing it from the scenery folder allowed FSX to work again showing what appeared to be a good airport (but no taxiway signs) complete with my GP's....polys and lines.

My ad4 file had worked perfectly until I started adding more background images and helper circles.

150 megs of bmp background images
105 helper circles (locked).
34 GP objects, all of which compiled and looked OK in the past.
I assume the compiler ignores the background images and the helper circles, and the GP objects appeared OK so I am mystified.
I don't know what the culprit bgl does.....so I opened the bgl file with ADE and got the two runways(unlocked!?) and the missing taxiway signs .
I have sent the log via the Tools Menu.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
That is the main bgl file with the airport in. Generally if you get a crash in FSX with this then it means that something in their (like unconnected parking) is causing it. If you have sent the log then I will check the project file

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
I do not see the log. Please upload the project file to a post here so that I can check it

Country
us-vermont
You convinced I wandered off the reservation by removing necessary stock airport items. Sending the log (with dialup yet) will just waste your time.

I will start over and not delete airport parts willy nilly..

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
No I'm not convinced you removed necessary stock items. I just referred to one case that we know can cause FS to crash. The Fault Finder might be worth checking in case it comes up with something like that.