I would like to add some boats to a lake near an airport that I am trying to make look better and I haven't the faintest idea how to do this. :-( Any suggestions or where to look would be greatly appreciated.
It is like add AI aircraft in FSX but more... simple (because there in no altitude nor taxi to manage).
1) I begin to build the ship that I want to use (or I choose and FSX one or download one from sceneries site).
2) I trace a route on GoogleEarth then compile in KML format.
3) I identify the ship in a text file.
4) I put the parameters of the journey in an other text file (departure time, periodicity etc).
5) I use AIBTC to merge the KML file and the two text files to produce a BGL file. AIBTC : Artificial Intelligence Boat Traffic Compiler.
6) I create an appropriate ship folder in FSX SimObject directory.
You can search on the web using one or all theese words : ai ship traffic boat. There are several tutorial videos.