• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v4 ADD_FUEL_QUANTITY

Roy Holmes

Resource contributor
Country
us-virginia
The SDK says of the subject Event ID: Adds fuel to the aircraft, 25% of capacity by default. 0 to 65535 (max fuel) can be passed.
If my Aircraft.cfg has all of the fuel tank types, I know that the center tanks, main tanks, aux tanks and tip tanks are included in "capacity", but it seems that external tanks are not. They seem to be treated separately and ADD_FUEL_QUANTITY does not seem add fuel to external tanks.
Could someone confirm that or say how fuel can be added to the externals. I also know that some of the fuel parameters are "settable" but I was hoping to not have to go down that route.
Thanks
Roy

Dave_W

Resource contributor
Roy,

You're asking about P3D, so FWIW.

I tried this Event ID in FSX on an 8 tank system and I get the same result. No fuel added to the external tanks.

I use Simconnect to load the aircraft fuel, pax, cargo.

That would be one way to load the externals.

DragonflightDesign

Resource contributor
Country
northernireland
Dave_W is right: SimConnect is the only way to control all of the available fuel tanks in both FSX and P3D, if coding in C/C++.

Edited to add mention of the programming language in light of Roy's reply indicating he's coding in XML.

Last edited:

Roy Holmes

Resource contributor
Country
us-virginia
Thanks for your responses. I think the external tank setup predates any thought of air refuel, which is what the Event ID is used for. I’m able to control it with XML Tools and the issue is solved.
Roy