FSX:SE Adding ADE To Fsx Steam

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Not sure what that means but I assume you are looking to have ADE work with FSX Steam Edition. You need the Prepar3D v1.4 SDK installed and ADE set up to use it. If you need more information then please ask in the ADE support forum

Thanks , I got installed PREPAR3D Lockheed Martin, now how do I set it up inside Fsx Steam, what do I need to copy and paste let me know

tgibson

Resource contributor
1. Install it, wherever you like.
2. Go to ADE Settings/Options/Folders and click the Find button.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
You are correct. If you have FSX SDK then you can use that. It is the same as the one with P3D v1.4 Most people getting FSX:SE seem to come straight to it so I tend to recommend the 1.4 automatically

You are correct. If you have FSX SDK then you can use that. It is the same as the one with P3D v1.4 Most people getting FSX:SE seem to come straight to it so I tend to recommend the 1.4 automatically
Thanks Jon - that's a relief !

1. Install it, wherever you like.
2. Go to ADE Settings/Options/Folders and click the Find button.
Thanks

I will do that
I got the Lockheed martin Installed on program Folder, then I will copy to SDK Steam Right, what I want to installed is Airport Design Program, and For some reason is not letting me doing it because FSX SE it missing the ADE part...

gfxpilot

Resource contributor
dickb as Jon states Yep if the previous FSX SDK is resident its simple case sign posting through ADE in the settings OR pulling in off the disks you had OR before you uninstall the older FSX in favour of steam saving across the sdk folder which is what I did then sign posted the BGL and Shp2vec through ADe

dickb as Jon states Yep if the previous FSX SDK is resident its simple case sign posting through ADE in the settings OR pulling in off the disks you had OR before you uninstall the older FSX in favour of steam saving across the sdk folder which is what I did then sign posted the BGL and Shp2vec through ADe
Thanks but I don't have the disks, hope to find someone could share those files, anyway my computer its a gaming computer not disks allowed

Pyscen

Resource contributor
The Steam SDK should not be used at all for ADE or any other FS Application. Have you installed the P3D v1.4 as Jon has stated?

Pyscen

Resource contributor
There is no need to move or copy any files of the P3D SDK v1.4 into the Steam SDK. After installing the SDK v1.4, you will then have ADE point to the files within the P3D SDK v1.4 folder.

There is no need to move or copy any files of the P3D SDK v1.4 into the Steam SDK. After installing the SDK v1.4, you will then have ADE point to the files within the P3D SDK v1.4 folder.
ok I will check that because when I am installing the Airport Design is not detecting ADE on FSX Steam

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Load up ADE., then click on the Settings tab -> Options. After the Options window pops up, click on the Folders tab.

This is where YOU will need to change:

2020-05-12 08_32_45-Window.png