Adding an ILS to an existing runway in FS9

Is it possible to add an ILS to an existing runway in FS9.
I've looked at the SDK and it defines a runway as nested inside an airport and the ILS nested inside the runway.

I do not want to have to re-specify all this existing data I just want to add an ILS to what is already there.

Any way this can be done?

Simply use AFCAD 2.21 for FS2004 by Lee Swordy.
Comprehensive help how to insert ILS is included in the help file.

...or you also can use SceneGenX.

Mardley wrote:
Simply use AFCAD 2.21 for FS2004 by Lee Swordy.
Comprehensive help how to insert ILS is included in the help file.

...or you also can use SceneGenX​

Thanks very much for this......will try AFCAD 2.21

you're welcome...by the way the ILS documentation is in the navaids section of the help file...look for topic; Working With Airport Objects...link...48.Navaids

Keep in mine that the runway owns the ILS and not the Approach data.

Because the ILS is nested inside/under the Runway properties only the User Aircraft radio tuned to the proper frequency knows it exsist.

This is not a problem if all you want is a working ILS so you (the User Plane)can fly a precision approach.

The default ATC both in FS9 and FSX will not know the ILS exsist until a proper Approach code is written using XML.

That is because the Approach code is owned by the airport scenery which extends 108NM outward in all directions (AI Visual Zone) of the Airport Reference Point (ARP).

As long as the visibilty stays above 3 miles and winds favor the runway with your added ILS, ATC will vector you to what they think is still a visual runway. If visibilty falls to less then 3 miles, ATC still sees your new ILS as a visual runway and will not vector you to it.