Adding autogen trees to gmax created ground scenery

Is there a way to use the Annnotator program to create autogen trees for my GMAX created ground scenery? I used the program and "created" vegetation areas with my images that are used in my GMAX mdl. I tried placing the .agn file in both the local addon scenery texture folder and world/texture folders. No luck getting either to show. I would use ObPlacer XML or another scenery design program, but I haven't found the possiblity in those to define a box that can be filled with objects (i.e. a forrest). Of course, I could do it one at a time, but then my scenery will never be finished!

Thanks

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi Matt,

No, autogen is only available on my scenery. And custom autogen only works on CUSTOM photo sceneries. So there is no way to make a AGN file for your GMax ground polygons.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi Matt,

I have been thinking of adding a "line of objects" feature in future version of ObPlacer XML. So maybe a "square of objects" is a good idea as well. But these features are not for the v0.80 I am working on now, more for a future version. So don't expect them soon :).

So for the moment a lot of clicking seems the only option indeed.