• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v4 Adding ground lighting to apron

Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Evening,

Not sure if there is an easy answer to this. Is there a way to use SS Lights (which was originally for FS9) to cast light on the ground in P3D? The models show up perfectly, but the aprons still appear dark at night.

Thank you,

Colin

Christian Bahr

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Not sure if there is an easy answer to this. Is there a way to use SS Lights (which was originally for FS9) to cast light on the ground in P3D? The models show up perfectly, but the aprons still appear dark at night.

Hi!

Unfortunately I don't know what SS Lights means, but maybe you mean the P3Dv4 Dynamic Lights? These types of FX effects illuminate the environment.

Country
italy
Hi to everybody,

I state that I am a beginner in ADE. I am editing a scenario and I am doing quite well.
I have not understood well from the manual how an apron can be illuminated at night.
Through a GP and specific texture applied?
Another problem is that I don't know how to create the horizontal indications (e.g. indication of the parking number etc., tawyway, etc.)

Thanks so much

Christian Bahr

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Hi to everybody,

I state that I am a beginner in ADE. I am editing a scenario and I am doing quite well.
I have not understood well from the manual how an apron can be illuminated at night.
Through a GP and specific texture applied?
Another problem is that I don't know how to create the horizontal indications (e.g. indication of the parking number etc., tawyway, etc.)

Thanks so much

Hi.

In order to illuminate the apron, dynamic lights are used in the flight simulator P3Dv4 +. These lights are effects files (.fx). For questions about the parking numbers and taxiways you could possibly choose another sub-forum and ask your questions there. Your questions can be answered more effectively there :)

Country
italy
Yes i know thank you but i would like to create in ADE a diffuse night light on all Apron surface. How can i using a GP? What kind of textures contains in textures ADE folders can i use ? Have i to use a transparency textures? In the ADE - GROUND POLYS - USER MANUAL isn't well explainded.
Thank you so much.

Christian Bahr

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Oh sorry. I thought it was about illuminating the apron with dynamic lights. I am not very familiar with the technique you have indicated.

Country
iran
Evening,

Thank you,

Colin
Hi Colin,

The SS lights use the bright texture to illuminate ground surface and it's suitable for FS9 and FSX as well , this method is Obsolete at least for newer Simulations like P3D v4.+ , If you use P3D v4 and above I recommend you to use dynamic lighting effects for Ground illumination . Here you can learn how to create one.
Regards.