Adding library object probem - repeatable

#1
ADE:
Application 01.76.6704.18307
Engine 04.75.6645.14617

FS9

After adding a library object via LOM, with no changes to scale/attitude/heading etc the object appears as requested - thumbnail also as should be.
Then edited the object to change the heading.
This changes the object to a GUID that is not in my database - it seems to change the name to the GUID of the original un-edited object and adds a totally unknown GUID.

This is repeatable with several unrelated objects from different libraries.
If you change the heading when initially adding the object this problem does not appear. Likewise if you use the manual handler.

Jim

If you reset back to original unedited heading the details revert back to correct settings.

Further investigation: Changing scale/pitch/bank/altitude manually has the same effect.
 
Last edited:

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
#2
That is weird - I can replicate it. It appears only to apply for FS9. I will check what is happening. We did recently add a replace function for Library Objects which may be implicated.

Thanks for reporting it
 

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
#3
OK. I have found the problem and it is, as I suspected, related to the new replacement function. This was probably not properly tested for FS9. I now need to work out how to fix it.
 

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
#6
Select a library object or generic building. Right Click and select Replace. Choose the new object or building. Click Replace Once to just replace the selected item or Replace All to replace every instance of the selected object with the new one.
 
Top