• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Adding/Updating Airport info 3.3.1.2

Country
unitedkingdom
Hi, I cant seem to add or update any airport info in this version. I get an Unhandled exception error everytime I try. This hasn't happened before or with any other update - I'm also getting messages that the update server is corrupt...

This is what it says and I've attached a picture -
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index and length must refer to a location within the string.
Parameter name: length
at System.String.Substring(Int32 startIndex, Int32 length)
at AIFP3._3__Dev_.Utilities.Capitalize(String s)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnLostFocus(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmKillFocus(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.TextBox.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.8.4180.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_B
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
AIFP3
Assembly Version: 3.2.21.6
Win32 Version: 3.2.21.6
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Ollie/Documents/FSX/XXX-AIFP/AIFP3.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 14.8.3752.0 built by: NET48REL1
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
Win32 Version: 4.8.4001.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Core
Win32 Version: 4.8.4180.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_B
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 4.8.4150.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 4.8.3752.0 built by: NET48REL1
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
Win32 Version: 4.8.4190.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_B
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
ASToFra.Interfaces
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.4.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Ollie/Documents/FSX/XXX-AIFP/ASToFra.Interfaces.DLL
ASToFra.TextureObject
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Ollie/Documents/FSX/XXX-AIFP/ASToFra.TextureObject.DLL
ASToFra.ObjectModel3D
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Ollie/Documents/FSX/XXX-AIFP/ASToFra.ObjectModel3D.DLL
ASToFra.FSUtils
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Ollie/Documents/FSX/XXX-AIFP/ASToFra.FSUtils.DLL
ASToFra.ObjectRenderer
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Ollie/Documents/FSX/XXX-AIFP/ASToFra.ObjectRenderer.DLL
ASToFra.ObjectReader
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Ollie/Documents/FSX/XXX-AIFP/ASToFra.ObjectReader.DLL
CSGL12DLL
Assembly Version: 12.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Ollie/Documents/FSX/XXX-AIFP/CSGL12DLL.DLL
ASToFra.ParticleEffects
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Ollie/Documents/FSX/XXX-AIFP/ASToFra.ParticleEffects.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Attachments

• AIFP.png
    AIFP.png
    304.8 KB · Views: 148

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
That problem was identified a couple days ago and fixed in 3.3.1.4.

Country
unitedkingdom
So I've downloaded the newest update and I'm still not able to update any airports. I don't get the error message but it just doesn't seem to store and then show the changes. Just stays as it is.

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
I'm still not able to update any airports
If you gave us a little more detail - like the dialog to which you are referring, what you entered where (or a picture), what control you clicked when you expected to get a response and why you think it "doesn't seem to store and then show the changes", we might be able to help you.

Country
unitedkingdom
sorry, I'm away from my PC now so I'll try my best to describe it.
I'm trying to add details for Doha Hamad OTHH, I've had the info for it in previous versions of AIFP so it still has all the elevation and location details. I click onto the airport tree and add the name, city and country etc and press save and get the confirmation that its been updated.
But the new details don't show, so I reload the bgl and the changes aren't they and I repeat, still getting the same result.
Then I try restarting the the programme and still no joy. I hope that makes some sense.
Oliver

Country
unitedkingdom
The airport list in the middle of the programme and I've tried a few different ones that have flight plans using OTHH

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
I have just confirmed that the Airport List on the screen is not updated after a Save from the Airport Editor. However, the updated data is otherwise available and the Airport List will show the updated data the next time you start AIFP.

Country
unitedkingdom
Still no luck, added the new information and saved, restarted AIFP and still not there. Could I have an issue with where the information gets saved to? I'm assuming its in a file somewhere..

Last edited:

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Updates from the Airport Editor are saved to AirportList-Updates.dat. Your update should be the last item in that file. If you have Development Release 3.3.1.5 (it will say so in the title bar), there is no nee3d to restart AIFP after making such a change. If the airport was in the Airport List, it will be updated automatically.

Country
unitedkingdom
Just looked in the dat file and this is what I see -
Qatar|-|Doha|Hamad International|25.273|51.608|3.96M|OTHH||^|^|^
Turkey|-|Istanbul|Istanbul|41.271835|28.751167|99.0M|LTFM||^|^|^

So the update has worked but its still not displaying on the Airport List on the actual programme, unable to update the local time for both also.

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Only airports used in the currently loaded flight plans are displayed in the Airport List. Do your FPs use either of these airports. If not, they will only show up when you create/edit a FP to use them.

Country
unitedkingdom
Yes I have several flight plans using both. I'm using one now that serves LTFM - pic attached

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    104.2 KB · Views: 118

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
And do you have one of the options in the Airport menu to use add-on data selected?

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
No, its blanked out and can't be selected
Then you don't have any add-on airports - at least none you
ve collected. Neither of those airports exists in in PV4. (The airport Editor would have told you that. Therefore, if you don't have any addon airports, your FP won't work since PV4 knows nothing about them.

If you have add-on airports, collect them in AIFP. Then AIFP will let you program.