• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v4 Adding V4.4 Models to ADE

Country
unitedkingdom
Hi,

First time in a while I've used ADE to place a model, Is ADE compatible with the V4.4 mdl? when I add a v4.4 model to 'Lists-Models' it shows an error message, then ADE shows only zero's for the GUID and user model for the name.

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at ASToFra.ObjectEditor.footprintGenerator.GenerateFootprint(ObjectModelobjIn)
at ScruffyDuck.Flightsim.Scenery.SceneryObject.Model.GetTriangles(BooleanIsUserModel)

I'm using version 01.76.6715.14291

It does this for all models Ive tried so far when compiled with V4.4 SDK. Works fine with previous SDK compiled models.

Regards

Stevo ;)

Country
france
hi
you can export the mdl as fsx mdl
then plcae it and export the BGL
then remake the library as v4.4 BGL and MDL
and you get the model placed :)

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
This is an error coming from code developed by Arno and included in ADE. Hopefully Arno will see this and check. It may be that ADE is not using the latest version of Arno's code that addresses this or it may be a bug

Country
france
This is an error coming from code developed by Arno and included in ADE. Hopefully Arno will see this and check. It may be that ADE is not using the latest version of Arno's code that addresses this or it may be a bug
i think you can download the lastest MCX version that comes with the newest libraries and just use them :)

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

I think the problem is that Jon is using an older version of the DLL files, these are from before the update that adds P3D v4.4 support. Jon, I think you need to check that the the reading of the object actually returned a non-empty scenery, before passing it to the footprint generator.

Just replacing the DLL files with the ones from the latest MCX will probably not work. I did rebuild the DLL files in a different .NET version for Jon last time. So I don't think the new ones are compatible with ADE.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Let me check but I think I am now using the latest ones compiled for .NET 4

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
I am checking this now. Stevo, could you please send me a couple of the mdl files you created which generate the error message to jon AT scruffyduck DOT org. Using Arno's latest libraries in 1.76 will generate an error. The current internal development version is using them successfully.

Country
unitedkingdom
Email sent Jon,

I have since found that a model with the standard P3D material applied adds ok to ADE, however it is when the model has the new PBR material added, ADE give the error. I have said this in the email.

Stevo ;)

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
OK - thanks - we are looking at what is going on. Will get back to you when we have worked it out

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
This should now be fixed. I will try and release a development version in the next couple of days that should handle P3D v4.4 mdl files correctly for footprints and other information

Country
unitedkingdom
tumblr_inline_o54on2lC581td0hds_1280.jpg

whoa....that was quick ;)

Country
france
@stevo stevocan you post pictures of what you could achive with PBR
Im using your substance config and i want to see the results from a PRO so i can start learning substance
Thnx :)